No announcement yet.

Loria Pens Open Letter to "Fans"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Manny_Navarro: Loria said Hanley Ramirez called the #Marlins to tell them what a great shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria is.
    I am 95% sure Hanley has no idea who Adeiny Hechavarria is.

Comment

He might know him from some type of winter ball down south

Comment

Hanley was being sarcastic.

Comment

Marlins owner Loria takes out full-page ad to say “I know what I’m doing, so shut up”
          -Field of Schemes headline

Comment

i bet Hanley drafts himself first in fantasy baseball and joker smiles as he does it
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

I would.

Comment

i bet hanley edits all his abilities to 99 in every category before he starts a game of MLB: The Show
                Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                Noah Perio
                Jupiter
                39 AB
                15 H
                0 2B
                0 3B
                0 HR
                0 BB
                .385/.385/.385

Comment

ehe

Comment

Dear Mr. Loria:

You do not suffer from unfair media coverage or fan misconceptions; you suffer from your own actions. Get that straight. You have been a meddling, impatient, erratic, under-spending owner whose stunning personal unpopularity has ruined much of the goodwill of the new ballpark and gutted support for the team.

You said and in all ways implied the new park would mean significantly bigger, competitive player payrolls. It was on that fundamental assurance and de facto promise that political and public support for the stadium was generated. Now, after one season of living up to your word, you have betrayed the public trust by reverting to your penurious ways. You call it an imperative for homegrown talent; that’s code for young guys on the cheap. It’s as if you played us all for fools. You come off like a plain liar.

The roster moves you called “bold” in fact devastated and infuriated so many fans who want to support the team but cannot bring themselves to support you personally. The failed mea culpa of that full-page ad would not have been necessary had you kept your word by keeping the players worth having (think Jose Reyes and Josh Johnson) and added, not subtracted, other talent. Your actions – your latest massacre of the payroll, and whether you are even willing to spend what it takes to keep Giancarlo Stanton – always speak for you, and of you, far more accurately than your own words.

Incredulously,

Greg Cote
                    http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/02/2...i-marlins.html

Comment

Love it.

Can we start a petition to get Loria out of here?

I know it will not work, but it would still be fun to see how many signatures we can get.

Comment

I think we got 2 last time

Comment

I see Mainge has brought his tough guy act back into town.

DUMBASS.

He went for the KILL.

jajajaja

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                            I think we got 2 last time
                            No way. 2 signatures? Where did you guys put it? Was it advertised at all..

Comment

What good does getting 1,000 signatures do?

Comment

I'm pretty sure if you get a certain number of signatures they give you a copy of the home game and a year's supply of Rice-O-Roni, the San Francisco treat.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Working...
                                X