No announcement yet.

Loria Pens Open Letter to "Fans"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like there is a difference between defending Loria at every opportunity and telling those who are frothing at the mouth that they are completely insanely overboard in their constant state of going overboard but there is not a difference between frothing at the mouth and frothing at the mouth.

Comment

Beef, I've gone full forum psycho because I hate him so much and you spend most of your day defending him.

If you don't believe me you're in denial.

Comment

But you've gone psycho

Comment

Todd Hollandsworth and Mike Stanton (the pitcher) were on MLBNetwork Radio this morning bashing the letter. Hollandsworth said its an obvious ploy to be damage control because they didn't expect the fallout to be so big. Hollandsworth asked Stanton if he thought that winning was the only cure-all and Stanton said no, because he doesn't think winning is a cure-all at all, since we've won before and then had the rug pulled out from underneath us.
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Forum Loria psycho, absolutely.

We had a nice day in real life in Miami yesterday, though. Lots of salmon and roasted peppers/onions.

Shiraz too. Yummy. And booty. Lots of booty.

--------------------
            Jeffrey Loria took out a full page ad in several South Florida newspapers today in an attempt to win the hearts and minds of the six people who haven't quite made up their minds on his wretched franchise
            I LOL'd. It was a thing on deadspin.
            Last edited by Namaste; 02-25-2013, 08:41 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Ehe

Most open letters are damage control ploys

Most folks shouldn't even pretend to be somewhat outraged or what-not - it's a common thing

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                To be completely honest, if Mr. Loria would come out and say "oh BE TEE DUBS, I have been trolling you fuckers for a decade, I use the Marlins to greatly further my personal wealth and have no intention of ever seriously putting in any money long term because I would still make a shitload of money but not quite as much" instead of hiding behind a guise of "I WANT TO WIN!" and lying about losing money every year I would be much more ambivalent to him.

Hes a crook, but what really puts him over the top is that he is a crook who is a pompous, lying, asshole.
                I'm not around here as much anymore so I don't know where people generally stand. Do people actually think Loria doesn't care at all about winning? Doesn't want to win?

Comment

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
                  I'm not around here as much anymore so I don't know where people generally stand. Do people actually think Loria doesn't care at all about winning? Doesn't want to win?
                  Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
                    I am sure he wants to win as long as he can do it while putting as little money as he possibly can to achieve it.
                    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                    Noah Perio
                    Jupiter
                    39 AB
                    15 H
                    0 2B
                    0 3B
                    0 HR
                    0 BB
                    .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                      Yes.
                      LOL.

No one thinks Loria WANTS to lose.

What fucking owner of a sports team WANTS to lose? Ever.

Name more than one.

Comment

There is a difference between "doesn't care about winning" and "wants to lose".

For a long time, The Maloofs have not cared whether the Kings won or not. The Bulls' owner probably doesn't care about winning this year.

Doesn't mean they want to lose. But winning is not a priority, especially at the risk of the long-term finances.
                        poop

Comment

I mean, the guy does go to most of the games, and doesn't sit up in a private box but would rather be down by the field. I think winning is a lot more important to him than most people want to let themselves believe.

I don't like him and think he's a terrible owner, but I also think that winning is important to him. He's not nearly the worst fuck-winning-get-money owner in major professional sports (see: Mike Brown, Cincinnati Bengals).

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                            There is a difference between "doesn't care about winning" and "wants to lose".

For a long time, The Maloofs have not cared whether the Kings won or not. The Bulls' owner probably doesn't care about winning this year.

Doesn't mean they want to lose. But winning is not a priority, especially at the risk of the long-term finances.
                            Ehe did Daft get Loria wants to lose from Madman's post?

Now I have to view that post and see.
                            --------------------
                            EHEAHE he did. What a dumbass.
                            Last edited by Mainge; 02-25-2013, 06:51 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Dave Hyde ‏@davehydesports
                              He said he's only heard congratulations from people on the trade RT "@ehsank24 Feel his answers were really underwhelming
                              Yeah, congratulations on being the worse owner in baseball and a complete dumbass.
                              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                                Ehe did Daft get Loria wants to lose from Madman's post?

Now I have to view that post and see.
                                --------------------
                                EHEAHE he did. What a dumbass.
                                Get your lips off Loria's dick.

Daft is only an angry character on the internet. He's drinking wine and eating pirate's booty in real life and generally just being a happy fella issuing six tickets per year and probably never using his blinkers.

Comment

Working...
                                X