• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is plenty of room on the 40 man roster

Comment

Second round of cuts

Joe Capozzi @joecapMARLINS

#Marlins make 9 moves: Option Reed, Sanabia, Hand, Jenson to NOLA; Opt. Dyson, Olmos, Ozuna to Jax; re-assign Smith & Gimenez to Min.Lg camp
      --------------------
      And the 5th starter competition begins to thin...
      Last edited by emkayseven; 03-11-2013, 10:38 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Joe Capozzi ‏@joecapMARLINS
        ##Marlins transaction: Bryan Petersen reassigned to minor league camp. 47 players remain in ML camp
        Doesn't really change much.
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

It seems like Turner might not make the team. I think Slowey is going to make it.

Comment

If he does, then we won't have a long reliever. Assuming we carry 12 pitchers:

Nolasco
            Eovaldi
            Alvarez
            LeBlanc
            Slowey

Cishek
            Dunn
            Rauch
            Webb
            Ramos?
            Jennings?
            Qualls?
            Albaladejo ?
            Talbot?
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Couldn't Sanabia do that?

Oh we optioned him already

Comment

I'd guess your first three question marks.
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

I would be surprised if Turner isn't on the team. They will give him every chance to stay up with the club. Esp cause looking at that rotation makes me wanna puke.

Comment

He's 21. He's already been rushed and he doesn't look ready. Let him take his lumps in AAA.

FWIW he's a year older than Jose Fernandez. It's not like we're talking about a prospect or suspect situation. The tigers rushed him, that doesn't mean we have to.

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                      He's 21. He's already been rushed and he doesn't look ready. Let him take his lumps in AAA.

FWIW he's a year older than Jose Fernandez. It's not like we're talking about a prospect or suspect situation. The tigers rushed him, that doesn't mean we have to.
                      Doesn't the clock continue to run even if we demote him? At his point I just don't want him to be another Andrew Miller.

Also we're gonna suck what's the diff if he takes his lumps in the bigs or in AAA?

Comment

He has a ML Contract so the clock really doesnt matter. I looked today and it says he is making 1.175 mil this year and has 1 million dollar TEAM options for 14 and 15

More than likely if he is sent down that he will be recalled once we need a #5 starter. Really tho he just needs innings,no matter if its in ML or AAA

On another note,Chone Figgins has been released

Comment

What's up with Yelich?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                            What's up with Yelich?
                            What about him?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                              What's up with Yelich?
                              Christian Yelich (born December 5, 1991 in Thousand Oaks, California) is a minor league outfielder in the Florida Marlins organization. Yelich was drafted out of high school by the Marlins in the 1st round (23rd overall) of the 2010 Major League Baseball Draft. He stands 6 feet 4 inches and weighs 190 pounds.

Yelich attended Westlake High School. During Yelich's freshman year he batted .373 with 25 hits and 16 strikeouts out of 67 at bats. In his sophomore year he batted .341 with 31 hits and 24 strikeouts out of 91 AB. During Yelich's junior year he batted .489 and hit 46 times and struck out 6 times. In his senior year he batted .451 with 37 hits, 9 strikeouts and 9 home runs out of 82 at bats. He was awarded Second Team All-American by Max Preps and was ranked 34 among the top 100 players in the nation in high school.

Yelich was drafted by the Marlins in 2010 with a $1.7 million signing bonus. He played for the GCL Marlins for 6 games, getting 9 hits and 7 strikeouts with a batting average .375 before being advanced to class A. He played in 6 games for the Greensboro Grasshoppers in 2010, batting .348. In 2011 he is batting .261 with 43 hits and strikeouts and 4 home runs.

Source: Wikipedia

Comment

Can someone confirm?

Comment

Working...
                                X