Your Favorite Player on the Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favorite Player on the Team

Just wondering, I'm sure many are either: a) going to make a joke or b) say Stanton.

Anyway, even though I believe closers are mostly overrated and the only current Marlins jersey I own is a Stanton jersey, my favorite Marlin right now is actually Steve Cishek.

Anyone else? I know there aren't many options since...well, y'know, a lot of them have barely played in the big leagues.

Still though, there are options. I'm guessing some will pick Pierre too, maybe.

While we're at it, who's your favorite Marlin of all-time? Luis Castillo is the answer for me.

Also, for those who are no longer fans, who's your least favorite? Fans who are still fans can answer this one, as well. Beef's answer, for example, is Logan Morrison.

GiancarloCruz
    poop

Comment

My current favorite Marlin is probably Ruggiano. All time it's Hanley.

Least favorite is probably Heath Bell.

Comment

Heath Bell is definitely up there on the least favorite list. Performance-wise, I think I might go with Jorge Julio, but Bell was bad on the field and a douche off of it. Great candidate.

Comment

That's basically why. There have been plenty of awful Marlins but he was an asshole about it. Plus the contract and everything else.

Fuck him.

Comment

Scotty "The Drip" Olsen
            --------------------
            More seriously, I haven't really been able to have a favorite player. No player has preformed here for a significant amount of time for me to really fully enjoy them. Either there's injuries (JJ), not here very long (Hammer), soured on personality (Uggz, Ross), their performance soured greatly (Hanley), so on, so forth. I didn't really gain fandom until 2006 so things like Luis Castillo and Cabrera for more than a couple years were lost for me. Hopefully Stanton becomes that.

Least favorite...let's see. It's hard to top heath bell but some more:

-I was about to say the entire 2007 starting rotation, but then I remember Kim was there. He's on the list of one of my favorite. He sucked, but he was god damn entertaining at sucking. Which reminds me, Brett Carroll was fun too.
            -I hated watching Olivo do anything but throw the ball. He couldn't catch a ball that hit him dead in the mitt, and his plate discipline literally was him deciding before he stepped into the batter's box if he was going to swing or not. God that was annoying.
            -Hermida and Andrew Miller both have to be high on a lot of people's list.
            Last edited by nny; 02-09-2013, 12:40 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

My least favorite is Hammer because he made me eat my words.
              My favorite is Hammer because he made me eat my words.
              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

Fav was JJ now I guess Stanton til he is gone. Least fav is Jorge Julio. That Game in Colorado almost cost me a tv by throwing my remote in disgust.

Comment

Current favorite: Stanton
                  Current least favorite: LoMo

All time favorite: Dontrelle
                  All time least favorite: Hermida

Comment

Non-joke answer: I don't have one on the current roster.

All time is Hanley.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

All time - Conine, Sheffield, Lowell, Cabrera, Dontrelle, Hammer, Stanton. Kind of flows generationally. I have to pick Miggy if just one. I still hate seeing him play in Detroit when they could have signed him for 5/$25 in 2004.

Least Favorite - Reggie Abercrombie. I'm sure he's a swell guy but he is the poster child for their awful internal player acquisition and that drives me nuts.

Current - Kouzmanoff

Comment

I guess my current favorite is Cishek and current least favorite is Evan Mathis.
                        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                        Noah Perio
                        Jupiter
                        39 AB
                        15 H
                        0 2B
                        0 3B
                        0 HR
                        0 BB
                        .385/.385/.385

Comment

I don't get it

Comment

Current is Juan Pierre, but it'll be Hechavarria by June unless he's hitting .175.

All-time is Alex Gonzalez. Least is Bell or Jorge Julio.

Comment

Favorite of all time is Mr. Marlin Jeff Conine. Present is Ruggiano, cuz I liked his story from last year.

Least favorite is a tie between Heath Bell & Jorge Julio. They were of equal suckage. Bell might have an edge just because he was such a dick off the field.

Comment

Working...
                              X