No announcement yet.

Loria Refusing Overtures to Buy Team from Big Names, Including Jeb Bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call eachother other peoples names is what it sounds like.

If my next 50 birthday presents included and Aston Martin and a complimentary lap dance from Kate Upton I would just have to soldier on with Loria as owner. Now theres a hypothetical for you.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      Give me a break, bro.

If you think my post is not even close then there has to be some type of ignore feature you can utilize. I'm entitled to my opinion.
      It's not close and you've turned into a moron overnight.

Congratulations.

Comment

I'm also excited for the season, not because I think we'll be anything but awful, but because baseball is cool.

Comment

And you're just as bad as Erick.
          How so? I have never defended Loria. I was very critical of the decisions made this offseason. I have explicitly stated that I think that our front office is bad. I cancelled my season ticket package and won't be going to games this year. And, I have given serious consideration to changing my fan allegiance to the Boston Red Sox.

What about any of those facts makes you think that I defend Loria or approve of his ownership of the team? I'd be ecstatic if he were to sell the team. But, despite all of those things, I am still capable of engaging in rational thought, comprehending what people actually say, and discussing this team without devolving into broken record about our awful owner.

"Loria sucks" (or some version of that) is not a legitimate or relevant response to everything being discussed on this board. Some of us realize that. When you want to rejoin the land of the reasonable, let us know.

Is that what we're going to do? Call each other names?
          I didn't realize that comparing your response to another user's (very similar) response was some form of name calling. I thought it was an appropriate comparison considering the fact that your post (like oakelmpine's) was a totally incorrect generalization that could only be arrived at by not reading what people are actually saying. It must get real tiring knocking down all those straw men.

Comment

Deleting my thing so it doesn't distract from CC's work of art up there.
            poop

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
              I really didn't know what you meant. Your stance is so outlandish in this thread that it seemed plausible to me that you meant just that.

And I'm always an asshole.
              --------------------
              I made that classic dick move of reading what you wrote and thinking you actually meant it.
              I can't believe people here wouldn't trade the chance at a championship each year for a guaranteed one. You could have multiple championships, a competitive team, ownership that "gets it", a full stadium, and a real baseball atmosphere.
              --------------------
              SoFlaMarlins.com:

Where you're made to feel like a raving, frothing at the mouth lunatic because you're completely disgusted with Loria, Samson and Beinfest.

Well that fits South Fla to a tee.
              Last edited by oakelmpine; 02-07-2013, 02:57 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
                I can't believe people here wouldn't trade the chance at a championship each year for a guaranteed one. You could have multiple championships, a competitive team, ownership that "gets it", a full stadium, and a real baseball atmosphere.
                Could is the key word.

You also COULD have great owners, terrific players, and fall short every year. Cubs have gone over 100 years without a World Series victory.
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                  We've been able to look forward to plenty of seasons during Loria's ownership. The results weren't as hoped, but f you're talking about looking forward to seasons, you've had that. Not this year, but why does that mean not ever again? I know your answer. I just don't think it's good. I know you say you won't be able to look forward to any season just because Loria, but if they have a good looking team you will either look forward to it or you'll be miserable for the sake of being miserable.
                  It's because I just don't believe it will ever happen again under his watch. I will be happy if it does, but lurking behind any happiness is always the dread thought that Loria will find it necessary to trade everyone away just because they won, and will be able to command more money.

You can call me a lunatic or whatever name-calling you wish, I could care less.

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                    Because trust is completely gone and there's no reason to ever trust this ownership group again.

It's not hard to understand that.

It's not miserable for the sake of miserable, it's refusing to provide blind support (fan derives from fanaticism, after all) where it's just simply not deserved.
                    If going into the season the teams looks like a legit competitor, you will not be able to root for them/enjoy/be excited because of a lack of trust?
                    --------------------
                    Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
                    It's because I just don't believe it will ever happen again under his watch. I will be happy if it does, but lurking behind any happiness is always the dread thought that Loria will find it necessary to trade everyone away just because they won, and will be able to command more money.

You can call me a lunatic or whatever name-calling you wish, I could care less.
                    I can understand the lurking feeling of worry.

Not that he'd trade everyone away because they won
                    Last edited by Beef; 02-07-2013, 03:12 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                      Because everyone will just anticipate the bottom drops out again regardless if they sign a new generation of Reyes, Buerhle, Bell, Buck, and Choate in the span of a year to try and compete. They could be super great on paper with the kids, add veteran pieces all of us give thumbs up too, and it will still mean relatively dick longterm with the fan base even if they win something over the course of 1 season, because they've created a culture where they don't care about their fans and just care about the bottom line. Everyone will just not care expecting that bottom to drop out again for a fourth time in franchise history. No one is going to trust this ownership until they can prove they can be trusted, and I have no idea how they do that save for buying out their young superstars arbitration, signing free agents, not trading them, and getting better in general with stopping playing assholes like Reggie Abercrombie, Joe Borchard, Bryan Petersen, and Gorkys Hernandez for insane amounts of playing time. They laid the steps at proving to be trusted with Reyes/Buerhle/Pujols attempt, and threw it all away. They have no concept at establishing their brand. It's unbelievably amazing how terrible they are. It's going to take years and years and years to try and undo what they have done, if ever, because that whole who paid for the stadium issue is never going to go away. Clowns.

You still take the world series though. Got to support the troops even if you hate the government. But this organization is going to have problems until the day that fuckshit sells the team because they are a joke and fucking CLOWNS. I really expect an overnight change in the perspective of the organization as soon as they sell. I think people really want to like them but they just make it so fucking difficult.

So yea looking forward to seasons? I'd love a magical miracle on ice the kids beat the world season, that would be fun, but I understand completely that the day Loria sells, is going to be the best day for the longevity and establishment of baseball longterm in Miami. That's important too. Everyone is right. You take the World Series, but you count the days until Loria sells. They are both party events.
                      Well said, I couldn't agree more.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                        Could is the key word.

You also COULD have great owners, terrific players, and fall short every year. Cubs have gone over 100 years without a World Series victory.
                        You also COULD have bad owners and deal with the same thing yet again.

Maybe the Maloofs want to get into the baseball business.
                        poop

Comment

• Pardon me for doing the noob thing and not researching it myself, but how much similarity is there between the situation we now understand we have (potentially big name suitors, new revenue streams that aren't being taken very seriously, etc) with the Dodgers?

For the record, I'm not presuming that we're anything close to the franchise that brought Jackie Robinson to the show. But, with the emergence of potential buyers, is there enough there to maybe tip Selig's hands?
                          God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                          - Daft

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewford View Post
                            I just can't really see how you look at the fire sale this off season and not see as changing things. For me, I put up with the nickel and dime-ing shit because of the promise we would have a sustained competitive payroll when the stadium came. Now we have the stadium and we're fielding like a $30 million team in the second year of the new ballpark. The stadium didn't change anything it seems. It's a fucking joke.
                            And I don't get that people don't understand my hate for Loria. Some here seem to just want to shrug their shoulders at what he has done.

Just to let you all know, I am pissed at him, and I will not let it go. Not today, not tomorrow, and not even if they win a championship in the next 4 or 5 years (yeah like that will happen). He needs to go, and that is the bottom line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                              And you're just as bad as Erick.

Is that what we're going to do? Call each other names?
                              Is there a reason why you keep randomly doing this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
                                If going into the season the teams looks like a legit competitor, you will not be able to root for them/enjoy/be excited because of a lack of trust?
                                --------------------

I can understand the lurking feeling of worry.

Not that he'd trade everyone away because they won
                                I think its the fact that while yes they went into last season as legit competitors and the team underperformed, Loria got rid of almost everyone in one fell swoop...jettisoning guys like Reyes and Bonifacio who had performed exactly like you would want them to along with the bad contracts like Hanley and Buck.

Perform, dont perform, completely average...it didnt really matter. It made it appear as if it was pre-meditated and that Loria only made the splash to temporarily placate the locals and MLB and had no intention of following through with anything long term outside of collecting an enormous profit for himself.
                                Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                                Noah Perio
                                Jupiter
                                39 AB
                                15 H
                                0 2B
                                0 3B
                                0 HR
                                0 BB
                                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
                                X