X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hugg View Post

I guess we can close this one, boys.
    --------------------
    Although I guess we did spend the whole thread talking about other shit that's never gonna happen, so nevermind.

So you agree with my invaluable contributions?

High 5!

Comment

What are Jeb Bush's thoughts on the home run sculpture and the Marlin's Rainbow Bright-inspired color scheme? These are the only hypotheticals that matter.
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

Anyone who wants to get rid of the home run sculpture should be disqualified from possible ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          SoFlaMarlins.com:

Where you're made to feel like a raving, frothing at the mouth lunatic because you're completely disgusted with Loria, Samson and Beinfest.

Not even close.

Comment

I cant make a concrete assessment until I see it in person.
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
              We've been able to look forward to plenty of seasons during Loria's ownership. The results weren't as hoped, but f you're talking about looking forward to seasons, you've had that. Not this year, but why does that mean not ever again? I know your answer. I just don't think it's good. I know you say you won't be able to look forward to any season just because Loria, but if they have a good looking team you will either look forward to it or you'll be miserable for the sake of being miserable.
              Because everyone will just anticipate the bottom drops out again regardless if they sign a new generation of Reyes, Buerhle, Bell, Buck, and Choate in the span of a year to try and compete. They could be super great on paper with the kids, add veteran pieces all of us give thumbs up too, and it will still mean relatively dick longterm with the fan base even if they win something over the course of 1 season, because they've created a culture where they don't care about their fans and just care about the bottom line. Everyone will just not care expecting that bottom to drop out again for a fourth time in franchise history. No one is going to trust this ownership until they can prove they can be trusted, and I have no idea how they do that save for buying out their young superstars arbitration, signing free agents, not trading them, and getting better in general with stopping playing assholes like Reggie Abercrombie, Joe Borchard, Bryan Petersen, and Gorkys Hernandez for insane amounts of playing time. They laid the steps at proving to be trusted with Reyes/Buerhle/Pujols attempt, and threw it all away. They have no concept at establishing their brand. It's unbelievably amazing how terrible they are. It's going to take years and years and years to try and undo what they have done, if ever, because that whole who paid for the stadium issue is never going to go away. Clowns.

You still take the world series though. Got to support the troops even if you hate the government. But this organization is going to have problems until the day that fuckshit sells the team because they are a joke and fucking CLOWNS. I really expect an overnight change in the perspective of the organization as soon as they sell. I think people really want to like them but they just make it so fucking difficult.

So yea looking forward to seasons? I'd love a magical miracle on ice the kids beat the world season, that would be fun, but I understand completely that the day Loria sells, is going to be the best day for the longevity and establishment of baseball longterm in Miami. That's important too. Everyone is right. You take the World Series, but you count the days until Loria sells. They are both party events.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                SoFlaMarlins.com:

Where you're made to feel like a raving, frothing at the mouth lunatic because you're completely disgusted with Loria, Samson and Beinfest.

That's what you think is happening? Christ, you're just as bad as oakelmpine.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                  We've been able to look forward to plenty of seasons during Loria's ownership. The results weren't as hoped, but f you're talking about looking forward to seasons, you've had that. Not this year, but why does that mean not ever again? I know your answer. I just don't think it's good. I know you say you won't be able to look forward to any season just because Loria, but if they have a good looking team you will either look forward to it or you'll be miserable for the sake of being miserable.
                  Because trust is completely gone and there's no reason to ever trust this ownership group again.

It's not hard to understand that.

It's not miserable for the sake of miserable, it's refusing to provide blind support (fan derives from fanaticism, after all) where it's just simply not deserved.

Comment

I just can't really see how you look at the fire sale this off season and not see as changing things. For me, I put up with the nickel and dime-ing shit because of the promise we would have a sustained competitive payroll when the stadium came. Now we have the stadium and we're fielding like a $30 million team in the second year of the new ballpark. The stadium didn't change anything it seems. It's a fucking joke.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by Chewford View Post
                      I just can't really see how you look at the fire sale this off season and not see as changing things. For me, I put up with the nickel and dime-ing shit because of the promise we would have a sustained competitive payroll when the stadium came. Now we have the stadium and we're fielding like a $30 million team in the second year of the new ballpark. The stadium didn't change anything it seems. It's a fucking joke.
                      Yeah, crazy to think that an ownership that swore it was losing tens-of-millions of dollars in Sun Life (despite evidence to the contrary) is now completely untrustworthy after dismantling a team in a brand new stadium that they said was the only franchise saving option, and then proceeds to claim they're losing tens-of-millions of dollars.

Comment

I fucking HATE Loria. Despise him. I'd trade my next 50 birthday presents for him to sell the team tomorrow.

And I'd take one championship even if it meant that Loria would live to be 120 and own the team till he died.

Anyone who says otherwise is a clown. Sports is about winning championships. That's all that matters. Not who the players are, not who the owner is.
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I think that depends on the birthday presents, really.
                          Noah Perio
                          Jupiter
                          39 AB
                          15 H
                          0 2B
                          0 3B
                          0 HR
                          0 BB
                          .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                            Not even close.
                            Give me a break, bro.

If you think my post is not even close then there has to be some type of ignore feature you can utilize. I'm entitled to my opinion.

Comment

Next 50 birthday presents? How noble of you.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonCane View Post
                                That's what you think is happening? Christ, you're just as bad as oakelmpine.
                                And you're just as bad as Erick.

Is that what we're going to do? Call each other names?

Comment

Working...
                                X