Marlins Sign Jon Rauch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Sign Jon Rauch

I like this is much better than Valverde.

Petersen was designated.

Comment

Cishek
      Rauch
      Webb
      Dunn
      1 of Ramos, Qualls, etc.
      1 of Jennings/every other lefty in camp
      Long reliever

The bullpen.

Comment

Big fan of Rauch, bigger fan of his tattoos.

Comment

I hope he plays third base

Comment

so Loria is thrilled with LoMo's demeanor this offseason and we get rid of his best friend, but we kept Nolasco just because he's Stanton's biff?

(someone on here was going to say that)

((no I'm not really this stupid))
            --------------------
            supposedly a $1 million deal...I like it a bunch
            --------------------
            MIAMI (AP) -- The Miami Marlins have signed free-agent right-handed pitcher Jon Rauch to a one-year, $1 million contract.

Rauch can earn an additional $750,000 based on how many days he is on Miami's active roster. He can earn an additional $250,000 each for 90, 120 and 150 days.

The 6-foot-11 Rauch had a 3.59 ERA in 73 games with the Mets last season. He was 3-7 with four saves in eight opportunities.

The 34-year-old Rauch is 42-38 with 62 saves and a 3.80 ERA in 10 seasons. He began his career with the White Sox in 2002, and he set a career high with 21 saves for Minnesota in 2010.

The Marlins designated outfield Bryan Petersen for assignment on Tuesday to clear room for Rauch on the 40-man roster.
            http://sports.yahoo.com/news/marlins...9836--mlb.html
            Last edited by emkayseven; 02-05-2013, 05:27 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
              so Loria is thrilled with LoMo's demeanor this offseason and we get rid of his best friend, but we kept Nolasco just because he's Stanton's biff?

(someone on here was going to say that)

((no I'm not really this stupid))

--------------------
              oakelmpine, could you please write more about this? It's not the same without you.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                Cishek
                Rauch
                Webb
                Dunn
                1 of Ramos, Qualls, etc.
                1 of Jennings/every other lefty in camp
                Long reliever

The bullpen.
                Better than last year just because Heath Bell isn't on the list.

Comment

Here is the vet RP they have been wanting,granted he was prolly 5th on the list

Good deal tho for both

As for the rest of the pen,we will prolly have 2 spots open with LeBlanc being the 5th Starter/Long Relief guy to start the year.

The plan right now is to start with 11 arms and LoMo/Silverio on the DL and Kearns or Mahoney up to play 1B/OF. This would make the OF-Pierre/Ruggiano/Stanton with Gorkys the 4th OF and Downs/Dobbs/Kearns or Mahoney in the OF as well as splitting time at 1B

Yes Matt Downs seems to be the favorite to be the UT guy

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                    Here is the vet RP they have been wanting,granted he was prolly 5th on the list

Good deal tho for both

As for the rest of the pen,we will prolly have 2 spots open with LeBlanc being the 5th Starter/Long Relief guy to start the year.

The plan right now is to start with 11 arms and LoMo/Silverio on the DL and Kearns or Mahoney up to play 1B/OF. This would make the OF-Pierre/Ruggiano/Stanton with Gorkys the 4th OF and Downs/Dobbs/Kearns or Mahoney in the OF as well as splitting time at 1B

Yes Matt Downs seems to be the favorite to be the UT guy
                    Have they seen his swing?

Comment

Working...
                    X