Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol.. Scott Boras client

Comment

Just in time for the Winter Warm-Up! Take that, oakelmpine.

Comment

I'm assuming he gets traded by the deadline.. Good deal for us if he performs. I can't wait to see what we gave him $$$$

Comment

I actually like this deal. Good closer in the past coming off a downish year with a chance to redeem himself. This is a nice little signing on a one year deal.

Comment

This is going to make Cishek's #'s in arbritration look less expensive, right? If so, great deal!
            --------------------
            The clowns signed a clown to dance after every win.
            Last edited by Erick; 02-04-2013, 10:55 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Someone else to eat up the buffet too with Heath gone.

Comment

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
                jose valverde is talking to a few teams, including the #marlins. no deal seems imminent.

Comment

While Valverde did get an offer from us,we also have about 5 or 6 other offers out on pitchers(Minor League Invites tho).

I heard tho it was a 1 yr MAJOR league deal with incentives-likely 1 yr 2 mil ,they have been making offers to alot of RP(Moylan,Farnsworth,Capps) all winter however most realize that if they pitch good they are gonna be dealt and if they pitch like crap they will be released eventually so they passed.

If Valverde gets an Major League offer from another team or even a Minor League invite from a contender with bullpen issues(Yanks,Blue Jays,Rangers) he would probably take it over ours tho

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                    This is going to make Cishek's #'s in arbritration look less expensive, right? If so, great deal!
                    --------------------
                    The clowns signed a clown to dance after every win.
                    Less expensive easily (however paying Valverde makes that a push to Loria no?)

Comment

not necessarily. we likely won't pay valverde a whole bunch, and we also won't be paying him all year (most likely). and for that we'd be bringing cishek's numbers down tremendously
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                        not necessarily. we likely won't pay valverde a whole bunch, and we also won't be paying him all year (most likely). and for that we'd be bringing cishek's numbers down tremendously
                        I don't think 3 1/2 months of a Valverde would bring it down tremendously compared to Valverde's hypothetical salary, which will still be a couple million plus incentives.

Relievers are trending up lately in arbitration. Would it impact it? Absolutely without question. But given Cishek will be a Super 2, they are going to get hammered whenever those saves comes. First arbitration they look to career of guy mostly. It'll help 2014 for sure. After that, "what have you done for me lately" mentality starts. He drops 35 saves in 2014 regardless of 2013 output, they fucked like Indians are with Chris Perez in 2015.

They should really start a policy no one is allowed to get more than 5 saves a year until they have 4 years of service time, or is needed pennant race throw it out the window.

But this is peanuts compared to how much money not on the books next few years. If they don't go into free agency, it doesn't matter.

Comment

Working...
                        X