Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will You Be Attending Opening Day 2013 in Miami?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to go to Cincinnati and/or Pittsburgh to see them though.

Comment

ehe crowd

Comment

Beef, what would you call it?

Comment

I wouldn't call it anything. Most of the people aren't going because they don't live here and others aren't going because they will suck and would go if they would be good and hated the owner. Granted, they may be showing some sort of displeasure in not going, but its displeasure that the team sucks, same as always. And I don't think there's some concerted effort here to all not go on Opening Day. People aren't going because they aren't going, not because of some boycott movement.

Are you calling it a boycott now though? Because you did kind of make it seem like I'd be silly to think you were calling it a boycott, right? And then you seem to have gone back to calling it that. It's ok to call it that, but I don't think it is that.

Comment

FWIW

https://www.facebook.com/events/3808...69700297527015
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I don't have username password. But it's probably a thing that says let's boycott and people like buttoned it.

Those people probably aren't the people in this thread? But they could be, because that's what the internet does.

There's probably a fire every coach that coaches everything facebook on facebook

Comment

Hypothetically speaking, let's say the team surprises next season. Maybe, they sign Stanton to an extension and go on to be shockingly competent -- let's say 79 wins. Let's say Yelich comes up in July and puts up an .850 OPS. Let's say Jose Fernandez has a sub-3.50 ERA in something like 80 innings.

And then let's say they make a few small moves next offseason. Nothing on the Reyes/Bell/Buerhle level, but maybe a No. 4 starting pitcher and an actual starting 3rd baseman.

Let's say they look like a legitimate 85-win team heading into 2014, with lots of young, exciting players.

How many of the people who aren't going this year would consider going to 2014 opening day?

I don't actually expect those things to happen, just wondering how much of it is actually BOYCOTT EFF LORIA and how much is This team looks like doodoo plus Loria is poop, but mostly I don't want to watch a bad team.

I guess the point of it is, would winning solve this for some of you?
                poop

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                  People aren't going because they aren't going

It's normal for a bunch of people (fans) to go to Opening Day. Would you agree with that? I went to Opening Day with thousands upon thousands of other people for 12+ years.

I get the feeling (based on comments here and from dozens of people I know
                  in real life) that a large number of people are NOT going to Opening Day. That does not sound normal.

Call it a boycott, don't call it a boycott. But it sounds like a buncha people who normally go to see the Marlins on Opening Day aren't going this year.

Comment

I don't have username password. But it's probably a thing that says let's boycott and people like buttoned it.

Those people probably aren't the people in this thread? But they could be, because that's what the internet does.

There's probably a fire every coach that coaches everything facebook on facebook
                    116 people are boycotting the Marlins, 207 people declined the invitation.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                      116 people are boycotting the Marlins, 207 people declined the invitation.
                      /endofthread

Comment

116 accepted
                        206 declined
                        1,447 no response
                        22 maybe

6.4% of people asked to boycott the Marlins said yes.
                        --------------------
                        The 22 maybes are funny.

We'll see.
                        Last edited by HUGG; 01-30-2013, 08:26 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

6.4% of people asked to boycott the Marlins said yes.

Translation: They are breaking ground on the fifth parking garage to withstand the CRUSH of vehicles headed their way come April.

Comment

daft oakelmpine

Comment

Who is paying for the fifth parking garage?

Comment

daft oakelmpine

That's your response to this: ?

It's normal for a bunch of people (fans) to go to Opening Day. Would you agree with that? I went to Opening Day with thousands upon thousands of other people for 12+ years.

I get the feeling (based on comments here and from dozens of people I know
                                in real life) that a large number of people are NOT going to Opening Day. That does not sound normal.

Call it a boycott, don't call it a boycott. But it sounds like a buncha people who normally go to see the Marlins on Opening Day aren't going this year.

C'mon you've got more firepower than that
                                --------------------
                                Who is paying for the fifth parking garage?
                                The Goochie Goochie Goo crowd
                                Last edited by Namaste; 01-30-2013, 08:40 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X