Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cincy to Get 2015 All-Star Game This Week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cincy to Get 2015 All-Star Game This Week?

CINCINNATI - The stars appear to be aligning for Cincinnati to host the 2015 MLB All-Star Game.

Major League Baseball confirmed Monday that Commissioner Bud Selig will visit the Tri-State Wednesday to announce that the Queen City will be home to the MLB's newest Urban Youth Academy, an effort to revitalize inner-city baseball.
    The MLB's commitment includes a sizeable contribution to the project, one that dove-tails off of the Reds already well-established Community Fund efforts, something the MLB could be looking to reward the Reds for their activism with.

In addition, considering how well the Reds handled the MLB's Civil Rights games in 2009 and 2010, there's been widespread assumption that the commissioner was inclined to look favorably upon bestowing baseball's even bigger showcase, the yet-to-be-assigned 2015 All-Star Game, on Cincinnati.

It would be the city's first All-Star Game since 1988.

Furthermore, why else would the MLB send Selig himself on-site to make the announcement?

Nothing confirmed yet after multiple attempts to reach out to the MLB about the All-Star Game's home in 2015, but certainly worth paying close attention to Wednesday's visit from the commish.

Read more: http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/sports/baseb...#ixzz2Ihdw4Ifj

If this does get announced, it will be Round 1 of punishment for the firesale; Marlins were a lock for this.

Running a team in the 2nd year of a new ballpark:

They're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
      Read more: http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/sports/baseb...#ixzz2Ihdw4Ifj

If this does get announced, it will be Round 1 of punishment for the firesale; Marlins were a lock for this.
      I thought that we had established last year that we'd probably be in line for something like 2019 or 2021.

I don't think it's accurate to say this was a lock for us.

Comment

This will be only the first plague

Comment

Maybe not. I'm probably misremembering

Comment

Do an advanced search

Comment

I tried for a little bit but I really don't want to.

Comment

I want to know if festa is fudging his numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                  I thought that we had established last year that we'd probably be in line for something like 2019 or 2021.

I don't think it's accurate to say this was a lock for us.
                  Correct, this was rumored to be Washington's to lose, with San Diego next in line.

So if 2015 is Cincy, 2017 should be Washington's and 2019 should be SD's.

Comment

Thanks Loria, you fucking asshole.

One of the things I've always wanted to go to was an All-Star Game and HR Derby. I've put off going to another city, because I always believed we'd get one sooner rather than later, especially with the new stadium.

God I hate that man, and his moronic weasel of an ex-step-son.

Comment

Ehe

Comment

Go back to 2010 and last year. Samson said 2015 was almost a lock.

Marlins president David Samson said last year that the team would apply to have the 2015 All-Star Game played at Marlins Park. "We're fully prepared and excited to host it" Samson told MLB.com in March of last year, just before the Marlins opened their new ballpark.
                        Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_...#storylink=cpy

South Florida just finished hosting the Super Bowl, but there may be a major baseball event coming to town in the near future. Nothing is official and there have been no concrete talks with Major League Baseball, but Marlins president David Samson told a FanFest crowd today that the team is planning to host the 2015 All Star Game. "It has not been confirmed yet, but if you thought to yourself, 'We will host the all star game in 2015,' you would probably not be misleading yourself," he said to a loud ovation at Sun Life Stadium.
                        http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...-all-star-game

Marlins president David Samson discussed the team's perspective during Saturday's FanFest and repeated his remarks Monday during a telephone interview with The Associated Press.

"We lost the game before we had a ballpark. Now that there is a ballpark, it is certainly is our expectation that the All-Star Game will be returned to Miami," Samson said Monday. "We look forward to that happening, and are very hopeful that it will be 2015."
                        http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4917233

Comment

It's possible that this logic was part of the same rationality they're using to think they'll be making the playoffs in 2013
                          God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                          - Daft

Comment

I do not think they think they will make the playoffs this year.
                            poop

Comment

finishing in last is unacceptable

so, you know, trade all the good players
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                              X