No announcement yet.

Winter Meetings 2012 (Miami Marlins)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh watching him play 3B would be delightful. I hope Hechavarria has superman range.

Comment

Superman range; so if a ball with enough force to cause a mini black hole and swallow up all of Miami, he could fly around the globe fast enough to reverse the spin of the Earth's axis and turn back back down and prevent the destruction of the city?

I'd probably put his range more in the category that guy in the Avengers who didn't contribute anything but shooting some arrows.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Arrow-man?
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
          I think 3B is even tougher to fill and they should acquire one. Richie Schaffer should be available with Longo signing long term.
          A longterm 3B would be great too. I'm just not sure Escobar could get that. I'm pretty sure he could get a 'Rob Brantly" for the rotation or 2B though. 3B depth is just awful all over baseball right now.

Comment

Wonder if the fish can redeem themselves by trading for Upton (Escobar, Nolasco(fish eat $5MM) and spect(s)).

Then trading a packing including a OF prospect ++ to TX for Olt.

You get your 3B and 4(?) years of Upton. 3-5 would be Upton-Stanton-Olt. Stanton would shut up, fans would be happy and our rotation would suck huge ass.

Never going to happen, but it's fun to dream.

Comment

Escobar, Nolasco, $$$ and spects (assuming not great ones), does not get you Upton

c'mon!

better chance we see Upton for Asdrubal Cabrera

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                I think 3B is even tougher to fill and they should acquire one. Richie Schaffer should be available with Longo signing long term.
                --------------------

Twitter
                I don't think Escobar could get you Shaffer.

Comment

Interesting that Peter Gammons said that Oakland almost traded for Escobar at the deadline. He mentioned the Yankees may be interested. If so, I really wish we could get Mike Montgomery. Probably not, but I'd love it.
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Bowden mentioned that Nats want BP help for Morse. Seems a little on the low-end, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                      Bowden mentioned that Nats want BP help for Morse. Seems a little on the low-end, no?
                      Morse is an overrated player.

Comment

• The prospects mentioned for Escobar seem a little too good to be true.

Comment

• Cabrera is what is holding up an Escobar deal with anyone. 5 teams want a SS/3B type(Oakland,St Louis,Arizona,Tampa,NYY)and all of them prefer Cabrera however the cost is alot more than Escobar.

Tampa tho is still the favorites for Escobar(No still no reports on who we would get in return) as Cleveland reportedly wants one of there young SP in a deal for Cabrera

Olt is on the market however Texas wants a close to major league ready OF in return for him. Even tho we like him and can put him at 3B,the FO is not sure about trading Yelich or Marisnick for him and Ozuna prolly isn't what they really want

Reynolds is also on the radar like Heyman said but the problem is gonna be the years. Marlins don't wanna offer a long term deal and Reynolds wants one. His agent is using the well play him at 3B now and then he could always be moved to 1B/DH if needed to get the long term deal from teams tho

Comment

• Trade Marisnick for Olt!

Comment

• NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Marlins are trying hard to trade shortstop Yunel Escobar, with the A's , Yankees and Rays the most likely teams to get him.

Conversations with the A's have centered on either Brad Peacock or Grant Green, while discussions with the Yankees and Rays have included younger minor-leaguers, according to sources.

The Marlins got Escobar as part of their big trade with the Blue Jays, but that trade also included Adeiny Hechavarria, whom the Marlins plan to use as their starting shortstop.

The A's discussed Escobar with the Blue Jays in July. They had reservations about him then, and still do, but they badly need a shortstop and the market is ultra-thin. Stephen Drew, whom the A's acquired in an August trade with the Diamondbacks, is a free agent who is looking for a bigger contract than the A's can afford.

The Yankees need help on the left side of the infield, with Alex Rodriguez headed for hip surgery and Derek Jeter coming back from ankle surgery. While the Yankees say Jeter will be ready for opening day, it's hard for them to be certain about that, and even harder to know whether the ankle will continue to hinder his mobility and availability through the season.

The Rays have long been looking for a shortstop.

The Cubs have also been considered as a possible trade partner for Escobar.
                              Knobler CBS Sports

Don't think anyone can say TJ is not legit after this one. He hit it right on the nose.

Comment

• That tjfla is full of BS!!!!!

Well heard names from the Tampa finally as well(NOT SAYING THESE ARE DONE,JUST NAMES MENTIONED)

Tampa-Mikie Mahtook(We drafted out of HS),Derek Dietrich,Enny Romero,Alex Colome

Yes they are still favored however if Oakland offers Green AND Peacock that could change,Tampa also is in on Cabrera but said that Cleveland wants a young ML arm and Hak Ju Lee so not sure about that. Tampa doesn't seem to mind tho paying top price to get a SS
                                Last edited by tjfla; 12-04-2012, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X