No announcement yet.

Winter Meetings 2012 (Miami Marlins)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You go cry 4 not spending money and then cry because they consider spending $ on guys you don't like

Can't win with the Loria lvr

Comment

• Keep calm and Kouzmanoff on

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
        In case you didn't see the MILB signings thread, we officially signed him.
        Even tho we resigned Kearns,he might not be with us long. He has some kind of clause that if he is in the minors by June 1 he can either be released or called up to the majors. If he is still in the minors after June 1 he gets a 100k bonus.

Not sure specifics tho-Lou might know more

Comment

• So Far here is who will be in ST battling for a spot

Utility-Nick Green,Matt Downs,Audy Ciriaco,Chris Valaika,Kouz(3B/1B),Kearns(1B/OF)

RP(2)-John Albaladejo,John Maine,Amaury Rivas,Jordan Smith,Kevin Slowey,Caminero,Chris Hatcher,AJ Ramos,Evan Reed,Mitch Talbot,Michael Wuertz,Jose Ceda,Alex Sanabia,Tom Koehler

LOOGY-Dan Jennings,Grant Dayton,Edgar Olmos,Zach Phillips,Braulio Lara,Scott Maine

The main reason why we are only looking at minor league deals right now,we got aton of guys already gonna compete

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            So Far here is who will be in ST battling for a spot

Utility-Nick Green,Matt Downs,Audy Ciriaco,Chris Valaika,Kouz(3B/1B),Kearns(1B/OF)

RP(2)-John Albaladejo,John Maine,Amaury Rivas,Jordan Smith,Kevin Slowey,Caminero,Chris Hatcher,AJ Ramos,Evan Reed,Mitch Talbot,Michael Wuertz,Jose Ceda,Alex Sanabia,Tom Koehler

LOOGY-Dan Jennings,Grant Dayton,Edgar Olmos,Zach Phillips,Braulio Lara,Scott Maine

The main reason why we are only looking at minor league deals right now,we got aton of guys already gonna compete
            We signed Kevin Slowey?

Anyway, I think you mean RP(3). There are only 3 bullpen spots guaranteed...Cishek, Webb, Dunn. There are 7 spots available so that leaves 3 RP and 1 LOOGY to fill out the other 4. Even though I'm pretty sure AJ Ramos is going to make the team unless he's absolutely dreadful in Spring Training.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
              We signed Kevin Slowey?

Anyway, I think you mean RP(3). There are only 3 bullpen spots guaranteed...Cishek, Webb, Dunn. There are 7 spots available so that leaves 3 RP and 1 LOOGY to fill out the other 4. Even though I'm pretty sure AJ Ramos is going to make the team unless he's absolutely dreadful in Spring Training.
              Ya we just signed Slowey and Talbot-we also got a few more offers out to other guys too

Saying 3 cause I think we will go with 11 arms to start the year(with LoMo iffy and Silverio a Rule 5 guy)
              Last edited by tjfla; 01-23-2013, 02:19 PM.

Comment

So Far here is who will be in ST battling for a spot

Add Chad Qualls

Comment

Add Chad Qualls
                  Can't we please subtract him ? He had like a 6.00 + ERA the last time I saw him pitching last year.

Comment

• He had to delete his twitter last season when he was playing for Philadelphia because Phillies fans were just destroying him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                      He had to delete his twitter last season when he was playing for Philadelphia because Phillies fans were just destroying him.
                      So him & Loria are bff's then?

Comment

• Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
                        Can't we please subtract him ? He had like a 6.00 + ERA the last time I saw him pitching last year.

The funny thing is that if Qualls shows anything in ST,he will probably make the team. If he pitches decent alot of playoff teams would not have a problem trading a mid level prospect for him at the deadline(Just like last year when he got dealt for McGhee)

Comment

• That's not that funny. These are relievers, there's a very good chance he has a bounce back season assuming he still has good stuff

Comment

• My buddy just emailed me about a Michael Bourn story,about 2 weeks ago there was a story going around the wire that Miami might try to sign him to a contract for a "unknown team(said to be the Mets)" and then trade him to that team for prospects that would have been equal to the 2nd Rd Pick we lost. However Loria,the other team nor Bourn wanted to take a chance and piss off MLB so it died quickly. This led to the NYM asking last week if they could sign Bourn and still keep there pick since it should have been #10 and they were told NO.

Gotta love our GM Jeffrey Jones(I mean Loria)

We would atleast had some fun on the board if this happened,1 Day have Bourn and wake up and traded

Comment

• Gotta love him for trying to do it or for not doing it? I can't keep up with your stuff
                              Last edited by Beef; 01-28-2013, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Isn't there a ban on trading new signings until May?
                                God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                                - Daft

Comment

Working...
                                X