• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
      This team gon be so much fun.
      Yeah like watching grass grow.

Oh well it is what it is. Too bad I wanted to take my grand children to see something fun and exciting when they come down to Miami. I guess they'll just have to come down during spring break and go with me to Hurricane baseball instead of summer and the Marlins.
      --------------------
      I think projecting Giancarlo with 35 HR's is optimistic. He may not see 35 good pitches all year, let alone be able to hit all 35 for homers.

I fucking hate you Loria.
      Last edited by oakelmpine; 12-20-2012, 02:53 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• If he's healthy, he's going to hit 35 homeruns.

Let's not forget that there was any "protection" around him last year either, specially after Hanley left, and he hit 18 homeruns in August and September alone.

Comment

• I would've liked an Eric Chavez signing. This move is meh to me.

Solano/Pierre/Hechevarria/Polanco

when Loria said he wanted more power on this team, he did all he could to make sure Stanton/LoMo/Ruggiano were our only guys with over 15 HR's.

Comment

• Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
            Yeah like watching grass grow.

Oh well it is what it is. Too bad I wanted to take my grand children to see something fun and exciting when they come down to Miami. I guess they'll just have to come down during spring break and go with me to Hurricane baseball instead of summer and the Marlins.
            --------------------
            I think projecting Giancarlo with 35 HR's is optimistic. He may not see 35 good pitches all year, let alone be able to hit all 35 for homers.

I fucking hate you Loria.
            Yeah because watching UM play baseball is more exciting than watching professionals play.
            --------------------
            Originally posted by dim View Post
            I would've liked an Eric Chavez signing. This move is meh to me.

Solano/Pierre/Hechevarria/Polanco

when Loria said he wanted more power on this team, he did all he could to make sure Stanton/LoMo/Ruggiano were our only guys with over 15 HR's.
            Mark Reynolds is a good power hitter, but he sucks.

Power isn't everything. Players should be signed based on value and the totality of their game.
            Last edited by Erick; 12-20-2012, 03:54 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• True, but you need SOME power. If it was a bunch of soft hitting players who were good at getting on base I'd be ok, but I'm not expecting greatness in terms of getting on base for anybody in our lineup outside of Stanton and maybe Pierre/Ruggiano/Morrison.

Praising the Marlins current lineup is like sugarcoating hell.

Comment

• Well this Marlins lineup actually exists, so not really the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                  Yeah because watching UM play baseball is more exciting than watching professionals play.
                  --------------------
                  If they were still in the old park and sucked, I'd say there was a good argument that UM baseball would be more fun, perhaps more exciting.
                  --------------------
                  Originally posted by dim View Post

Praising the Marlins current lineup is like sugarcoating hell.
                  I feel like it wasn't praised, but someone was trying to do that thing where they act logical after a bunch of yous go nuts when something little happens
                  Last edited by Beef; 12-20-2012, 07:45 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I was told the old park was more exciting.
                    poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                      I was told the old park was more exciting.
                      ehe, I forgot that happened

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                        Actually it is.

40 straight years (1973-2012) in the NCAA Playoffs. No team in the NCAA in ANY sport, men's or women's competitions can match that. 4 National Championships, 27 Regional titles....etc.

It may be a smaller stadium but on certain nights they used to out draw the Marlins in Sun Life.

Also the atmosphere is great, the grand kids can run all around and many times you can actually talk to players and coaches easily.

Oh and the milk shakes are to die for.

Erick have you ever been ?

Comment

• College baseball is pretty boring, though.
                          poop

Comment

• Bobbob doesn't like college basketball or baseball.

Comment

• It's an aesthetic thing.
                              --------------------
                              Beef doesn't like the NBA or most other things in the world.
                              Last edited by Bobbob1313; 12-20-2012, 09:00 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                              poop

Comment

• If Ricky Rubio was in college, Bobbob would think he's hideous.

Comment

Working...
                                X