No announcement yet.

Winter Meetings 2012 (Miami Marlins)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shows you what u can get for a guy when u sell high instead of waiting to deal him

NYM are gonna be nothing for a while so why not get 2 young guys for him?

Comment

• Billy Beane was mentored by Sandy Alderson, the Mets GM.

Let's just say the Mets finally have somebody in charge that knows what he's doing. Sad to see Omar Minaya isn't in charge anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
        Billy Beane was mentored by Sandy Alderson, the Mets GM.

Let's just say the Mets finally have somebody in charge that knows what he's doing. Sad to see Omar Minaya isn't in charge anymore.
        A really weird comment from a guy who's said in the past that he's not a stats guy.
        --------------------
        As for the Mets, their future looks much brighter than ours now after this trade. Wheeler, Syndergaard, Harvey, Niese is more exciting than Fernandez, Turner, Eovaldi, Alvarez.
        Last edited by Erick; 12-16-2012, 04:06 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Never said I wasn't a stats guy. I've just said I don't use idolize every statistic that comes out regarding a player. There's a balance between stats and visually watching players that GM's understand.

Don't even know why that's even being brought up. All I said is Alderson's a good GM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
            A really weird comment from a guy who's said in the past that he's not a stats guy.
            --------------------
            As for the Mets, their future looks much brighter than ours now after this trade. Wheeler, Syndergaard, Harvey, Niese is more exciting than Fernandez, Turner, Eovaldi, Alvarez.
            Fernandez, Turner, Nicolino, Heaney is probably the list you should work from. And it's pretty even.
            Christian Yelich
            LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
            12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
            100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
            .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

• Yeah, weird that he left off 2 of our top pitching prospects.

Comment

• At first I assumed it was lou doing a thing

Comment

• Mets will actually keep the good players they acquired long term. They also have more money.

Comment

• They should be the board's 3rd team.

Comment

• Maybe they should use that money to compete this year

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                        They should be the board's 3rd team.
                        official?
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bucklin12 View Post
                          Fernandez, Turner, Nicolino, Heaney is probably the list you should work from. And it's pretty even.
                          You're right. I did a thing.

Comment

• JIM BOWDEN ‏@JimBowdenESPNxm
                            According to a source the Marlins would have interest in a Ricky Nolasco -for- Peter Bourjos type deal
                            No shit, Jim.
                            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                              No shit, Jim.
                              I think my favorite part of this would be being able to say Hechavarria is the highest paid player on the team.

And yes, no shit Jim.

Comment

• We have already tried it and got a fast NO. The only way they would go for it is if one of their arms got hurt and Bourjos was just rotting away on the bench.

Like said we like Bourjos,however other than Mike Dunn they really didn't want anyone and they already signed a LOOGY so no need for Dunn anymore

The best case for us is a pitcher goes down(LAA,LAD,NYY) and they would be willing to trade for him without asking for cash in the deal

Comment

Working...
                                X