No announcement yet.

Winter Meetings 2012 (Miami Marlins)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would he never see that money again?

Comment

• Because he sucks.
      --------------------
      Even if he does see it again, it's pretty stupid to turn down guaranteed money. When you do that, you probably believe you're going to get more money later on and he probably won't. Because he sucks.
      Last edited by Erick; 12-09-2012, 11:58 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I bet there are plenty of guys who would rather have less security to live in south Florida than be secure that they're stuck in Cleveland or Kansas City

Comment

• The explanation would make more sense if he hadn't gone to Cleveland. Without a doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
            Because he sucks.
            --------------------
            Even if he does see it again, it's pretty stupid to turn down guaranteed money. When you do that, you probably believe you're going to get more money later on and he probably won't. Because he sucks.
            Oh.

Wait, does he suck?

Comment

• 0.3 and 0.5 WAR the last 2 seasons

he sucks
              --------------------
              he did post a career low 29.6% k rate last season though
              Last edited by HUGG; 12-10-2012, 12:29 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                Not sure how to respond to that...

...for starters, Dan Uggla wasn't a free agent at the time...
                No he was rule 5, which is not all that different in many ways.

He was dissed by the Diamondbacks organization, and left out for the Rule 5 draft. He was then motivated more by wanting to show people who had dissed his ability than anything else.

He said so in several pre-game interviews and on a couple of ESPN appearances I saw him on his rookie year when he was doing so well.
                --------------------
                Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                Wrong about what? They both got offered contracts by us-it's not my fault they would rather play somewhere else

Stewart got a 1 yr offer from us and instead of coming here,he took a 1 year deal from his former club

I dont know of u guys realize this but after the BS of all the FA/trades,the only way FA are gonna come here is if we overpay for them and agents are making sure we know it
                Seems some here just don't want to believe that. The evidence is there but they put up blinders.

We will sign someone I guess, but they probably will be worse than Stewart & Reynolds. If that doesn't tell you something a house falling on you won't.
                --------------------
                Originally posted by Erick View Post
                If that's the case, Mark Reynolds turned down money that he's probably never going to see again.

Just to play with the Cleveland Indians...a team that sucks.

Makes sense. He and his agent must be tremendous idiots.
                --------------------
                And Ian Stewart picked the Cubs...they suck too.
                yet they chose to play with them over this organization. That has to tell you something.
                --------------------
                Originally posted by Beef View Post
                I bet there are plenty of guys who would rather have less security to live in south Florida than be secure that they're stuck in Cleveland or Kansas City
                Yeah but we're talking about baseball players not street pimps.
                Last edited by oakelmpine; 12-10-2012, 08:02 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• You are my favorite

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
                    You are my favorite
                    so are you sweetheart, pucker up baby

Comment

• My lips are puckered from the sour lemon!

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
                        I bet there are plenty of guys who would rather have less security to live in south Florida than be secure that they're stuck in Cleveland or Kansas City
                        Ya I bet guys would love to move there families down here and settle down only to be told they been dealt and gotta then move again. Ask Mark Buerhle how that is

Comment

• You're doing the Internet thing where somebody says something simple and you say OF COURSE EVERYONE WOULD JUST LOOOOOOOVE something that the first person didn't say

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                            Ya I bet guys would love to move there families down here and settle down only to be told they been dealt and gotta then move again. Ask Mark Buerhle how that is
                            But we're talking about one-year deals, not four-year deals. It's not the same thing, you know...
                            --------------------
                            Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post

Seems some here just don't want to believe that. The evidence is there but they put up blinders.
                            "Evidence" from a couple of anonymous sources and tjfla's source, whoever that is.

Extremely credible.

I'm going to go on bleacher report soon and tell the world that the Marlins front office is wonderful. The evidence will be what I write...
                            Last edited by Erick; 12-10-2012, 12:41 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              It would make more sense to me if these guys weren't 1-yr deals.

There's no such thing as a secure 1-yr deal.

Comment

• They just want the security of being in a shitty place and not knowing where they'll be next year. The proof is in Ian Stewart's pudding

Comment

Working...
                                X