Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is that?

Comment

• Because tjfla's last comment (big z loves when tjfla says things) and because Ian Stewart

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
        Why is that?
        Because we didn't sign the great Ian Stewart.

Comment

• Jumping to conclusions over one signing is silly.

Schierholz and Keppinger both signed at other places instead of Tampa. Looks like no one wants to sign with the Rays, as expected

Comment

• No, what I mean was because of our reputation of signing players and then trading them before the contract is over.

I mean that in general; Fuck Ian Stewart.

Comment

• I don't think we missed out on Stewart because we trade guys. Let's not get crazy

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                No, what I mean was because of our reputation of signing players and then trading them before the contract is over.

But, anybody who? You said it doesn't look like anyone will come here. Who/what happened that confirmed it for you?

Comment

No, what I mean was because of our reputation of signing players and then trading them before the contract is over.

But there have been no examples this offseason to prove that.
                  --------------------
                  Are Big Z and ......Z from mlbtraderumors comments section the same guy?
                  Last edited by Erick; 12-06-2012, 04:40 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I know I've read somewhere that some agents are reluctant to deal with us because of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      Not so sure bout that one,especially if they get another 3B. I say will aquire a 3B and then sign a UT/2B(Raburn,DeRosa,Valaika)
                      And that still leaves room for Uncle Kev on the 25 man.

Brantly
                      Lomo
                      Solano
                      Hechavarria
                      X
                      Pierre
                      Ruggiano
                      Stanton
                      Mathis, Dobbs, Silverio/Petersen/Gorkys (later 2 only if Silverio hurt), X, X

For sure minors - Skip, Jensen, Mattison, Ozuna, Dietrich/Yelich/Marisnick/Y.Cabrera (not on 40 man but arguable they could be insane and move them up quick)
                      Probable Minors - Cox, Mahoney, Petersen
                      Cuts from team if don't make it - Gorkys (believe out of options)
                      Waiting to be DFA'd - Coghlan (not paying arb)

That's the whole 40 man and then some. Three spots, presumably two 3B and a MI.

They need to get at least 3 guys to push Uncle Kev off the team right now, or 2 if you want to uber project Cox as winning 3B job (not going to bring him up to bench). And that's assuming no one gets hurt.

bet on Uncle Kev
                      --------------------
                      Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                      Doesn't look like anybody wants to come down here, as expected.
                      I don't think Ian Stewart signing with cubs proves this at all. They gave him $2 million in an offensive park. He wasn't going to get a better deal, that's a good spot for him if Theo tells him 450+ PA are coming.
                      Last edited by lou; 12-06-2012, 04:59 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I know I've read somewhere that some agents are reluctant to deal with us because of this.
                        If that's the case, it won't apply to guys like Ian Stewart looking to establish themselves.

Comment

• Also Stewart's contract is not guaranteed, Marlins clearly did not offer a MLB deal

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                            If that's the case, it won't apply to guys like Ian Stewart looking to establish themselves.
                            I agree with that

Comment

• Lets play who beats out Uncle Kev

Inge - said they dont want him
                              Adam Kennedy - would be the 2B backup spot, if they even want him
                              Jose Lopez - Organization tried that, doubt it happens again
                              Polanco - reports dont want him
                              Rolen - not coming/retire
                              Youkilis - def not coming with a pending $12 million 1 year offer out there
                              Sea Bass - free agent IF are low in quantity, doubt they move on him
                              freddy sanchez - they wont sign him, always injured
                              orlando hudson - he might be done
                              S. Drew - not coming, wants to play SS
                              drew sutton - no
                              jason bartlett - probably done
                              Raburn - sucks, and would be the MI backup type
                              theriot probably gets a good gig as a backup, platoon starter somewhere

Top 3

yuniesky betancourt - he is not very good, but does have some pop
                              wigginton - he can hit a little bit still, im surprised I havent heard his name once. Is he retired?
                              jeff baker - can probably get a utility spot on a decent club, if he wants playing time maybe a 1 year works

I'm pretty sure thats all "major" infield options, not on trade or AAA radar

Honestly, jokes aside, I think I'm taking Kouzmanoff as Plan A if this is the list. Feel free to add names.

Comment

• I feel like Freddy Sanchez is a guy this FO would love.

Don't forget Mike Olt.

Comment

Working...
                                X