No announcement yet.

Winter Meetings 2012 (Miami Marlins)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @DKnobler: Marlins, who still need a 3B, have asked White Sox about Brent Morel. 3B mkt still crazy enough that Hannahan asked teams for multi-yr deal
    Twitter

Comment

• They are in on about 5 guys

FA-Reynolds,Stewart,DeRosa
      Trades-Morel,Francisco

But it doesnt seem they are really serious about most,they don't wanna overpay on a guy

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        They are in on about 5 guys

FA-Reynolds,Stewart,DeRosa
        Trades-Morel,Francisco

But it doesnt seem they are really serious about most,they don't wanna overpay on a guy
        They said they were going to spend Escobar's money.
        None of those guys are worth 5 million with the exception of Reynolds who's going to get 5+.

So they're still going to have money to spend if they feel like it.

Comment

• Ya they also want a Vet RP so he would prolly count to the 5 mil too

2 more guys are out of the KC SP search-Anibal and Shields. Telling u Nolasco could be the last guy on the list
          Last edited by tjfla; 12-06-2012, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Mickey Mouse baseball team.

Comment

• The thing with the 3B job is they don't wanna give someone 4 yrs and then in 2 years when there 3B is ready have someone sitting on the bench making a ton of cash. They would rather sign a Stewart or trade for a decent guy for cheap

Like a broken record-they want a 3B in the draft and he should be ready by 2015(in there eyes) so they just want a stopgap for 2 years. They offer Keppinger a 2 yr 8 mil dollar deal but he had 2 better offers

Comment

• I would really like a 3B on a 1-year deal since Cox is gonna tear up in the minors this year and be thought of totally differently this time next year.

Comment

• who is "there 3B" who will be "ready"

I find it hard to believe any 2013 draftee

Comment

• We also have Yordy, guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                      who is "there 3B" who will be "ready"

I find it hard to believe any 2013 draftee
                      Won't matter. Cox will be our 3B from 2014 on.

Comment

• seriously at that point instead of giving a guy like ian stewart multiple years just let cox hit .220 in the majors and take his beating and learn on the job. i have high hopes for cox
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Ugh, no. Let him rebuild himself in the minors. Just play Kouzmanoff.

If I'm wrong about Cox, I will own it, but he's gonna be a player.

Comment

• I'm with Hugg. Cox is going to be at 3B in 2014 and will remain there while under club control or until someone better is ready. You want nothing longer than a 2 year deal for anyone at the position.

Comment

• As of now they wanna draft either Bryant or Moran at #6 and have whoever finish the year in Jupiter(Like Nola did)then in 2014 start at Jax and be ready by the end of 2014 or start of 2015

I don't see it either but thats what alot of people are saying and the reason why they don't wanna go over 2 years

I also say bring Cox up this year and just give him a chance,shit if Dominguez can hit in the majors why can't Cox? Even if he only lasts for 2 years,did'nt Cox come into the draft able to play 2B or 3B?
                              Last edited by tjfla; 12-06-2012, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• Cox getting rushed to Memphis probably fucked his entire 2012 season. I really hope that doesn't linger into 2013, but crazier things have happened.
                                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Working...
                                X