Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Well this sucks

Miami thought they had a deal with Jeff Keppinger to play 3B/UT however the White Sox offered another year and he took that deal. Reynolds and Stewart both have gotten offers from us tho with Stewart's being a 1 year deal and Reynolds being 2 years and a team option for a 3rd

Reynolds tho wants a 4 yr deal and Stewart might want a longer term 1

Also Ricky Nolasco might have a suitor in Kansas City. It seems all the FA pitchers are trying to bend KC over a barrel and they might be willing to send a low level prospect or 2 AND take his whole contract,if he would consider an extension with them
    Has anyone called about Ricky? I know CO is also looking for a SP via trade.

Comment

• KC called but thats all I heard. That contract is what is killing teams,most think he is worth like 7 million or so and since MLB is on our ass we can't kick in any cash

Comment

KC called but thats all I heard. That contract is what is killing teams,most think he is worth like 7 million or so and since MLB is on our ass we can't kick in any cash
        That doesn't make any sense. Wouldn't kicking in cash prove it's a baseball move and not a salary dump?

Comment

• Redmond will be on Intentional Talk today 5PM EST.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• That's what I don't get.. but apparently MLB won't approve anymore trades that involve the Marlins sending money, because of the backlash from the Toronto deal.

Comment

• The Marlins will gladly pay more money today to have less money forever

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                That doesn't make any sense. Wouldn't kicking in cash prove it's a baseball move and not a salary dump?
                My guess would be that the commissioner doesn't officially review deals that don't involve cash, meaning the Marlins could circumvent his alleged veto threat by not involving money in the deal.
                God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                - Daft

Comment

It has to do more with the sending of cash,MLB doesn't want the Marlins sending cash in any deal

Juan Francisco is on the radar for 3B as well

Comment

It has to do more with the sending of cash,MLB doesn't want the Marlins sending cash in any deal

Juan Francisco is on the radar for 3B as well
                    But why?

Comment

But why?
                      No clue and I don't wanna guess cause I only get it right 20% of the time. Well maybe higher now since I went 2 for 2 and 100% yesterday

Maybe I can ask my buddy if he can talk to someone who can get me a number,if I do ill give it to u and u can call to ask

Comment

• Take what I say about the information you post personally if you want. I know what you post is second hand information so I don't blame it on you if it's wrong.

Your personal opinions are ridiculous though so yeah, please don't guess.

Comment

• If MLB was to draw a line in the sand, it should have been at the Blue Jays deal and not Nolasco.

They created this situation by not shoving it up Loria's face, they can't be upset about them wanting to trade Nolasco.

Regardless, when they trade him in July and another team eats $5-7 million of the payroll, how is this going to be any different than now

Comment

• I have to think he'll more valuable in July. Teams tend to give up more in the summer and there's always the chance he improves his stock slightly. Eh, nevermind.
                            Christian Yelich
                            LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
                            12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
                            100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
                            .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Bucklin12 View Post
                              I have to think he'll more valuable in July. Teams tend to give up more in the summer and there's always the chance he improves his stock slightly. Eh, nevermind.
                              It is different now with compensation picks not being given to a teams for rental players (less than a year with the team). Not that I think he is that caliber of player to get comp picks; I have no idea where they draw the line with those rules though.

I would think he has more value now unless he is lights out for the first half. Anyway you look at it teams would want money in the deal to give up anything of value.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bucklin12 View Post
                                I have to think he'll more valuable in July. Teams tend to give up more in the summer and there's always the chance he improves his stock slightly. Eh, nevermind.
                                contract year, if he is gangbusters for 12 starts he turns into a Nicolino real quick in June I guess

Comment

Working...
                                X