Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• only cause it's not the trendy thing to do
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Oh mibs...

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
        Erick is CEO
        others would be

Huggie-poo
        Ramp
        bobbob (he hasn't done much apologizing but you just know he wants to)
        I disagree with a lot of things the FO has done.

Comment

• Doesn't matter. We're apologists because we don't have keyboard pitch forks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
            Oh mibs...
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
              Doesn't matter. We're apologists because we don't have keyboard pitch forks.
              check your PO box, I shipped it out last week

Comment

• Originally posted by mbaabji13 View Post
                I knew it was you, I'm just gonna do that til you change your name.

Comment

• Loria is the worst and not cause he traded these guys. I agree mostly that these players weren't winning and changes needed to be made. I am not 'mad' at the trade, I am mad, as others have noted, that Loria and Co. will not be re-investing in new players or other players. Also, as Lebatard has mentioned, Loria runs this like it is his primary business. Most owners are billionaires that treat their teams as hobbies, not cash machines. Look at Micky Arison, he does what it takes to win even if he loses money, as he claims, yet he continues to try and put out the best product. Don't get me wrong a franchise that loses money operationally helps Arison as a tax shelter and in the end the team appreciates in value when he does decide to cash out. Loria is a turd of an owner and needs to go. The fan base hates him, which I do not blame, players and agents hate him and do not trust him, which is more of a problem than the fans hating him. I really hope a real owner that has deep pockets can one day own this team. It is amazing to me that MLB will have an owner such as Loria but will not allow someone like Mark Cuban to own a team.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMendozaLine View Post
                    This notion that Dolphins fans have somehow been "permanently disenfranchised by the Dolphins" is utter nonsense. I mean, have you seen how much suffrage they've been through the past decade?! They haven't won a playoff game in 12 seasons! 12 seasons! I think that's enough suffrage!
                    You can believe what you wish, but I know many friends that refuse to ever go back to a Dolphins game, especially after the Tim Tebow day last year. For them that was the last straw.

I know of one friend that now lives in Sarasota and still kept his Dolphin season tickets. He gave them up and now is a season ticket holder of the much closer Bucs. It was the U of Florida celebration that pushed him over the top.

Comment

• Get more rational friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fish Tank Frenzy View Post
                        Loria is the worst and not cause he traded these guys. I agree mostly that these players weren't winning and changes needed to be made. I am not 'mad' at the trade, I am mad, as others have noted, that Loria and Co. will not be re-investing in new players or other players. Also, as Lebatard has mentioned, Loria runs this like it is his primary business. Most owners are billionaires that treat their teams as hobbies, not cash machines. Look at Micky Arison, he does what it takes to win even if he loses money, as he claims, yet he continues to try and put out the best product. Don't get me wrong a franchise that loses money operationally helps Arison as a tax shelter and in the end the team appreciates in value when he does decide to cash out. Loria is a turd of an owner and needs to go. The fan base hates him, which I do not blame, players and agents hate him and do not trust him, which is more of a problem than the fans hating him. I really hope a real owner that has deep pockets can one day own this team. It is amazing to me that MLB will have an owner such as Loria but will not allow someone like Mark Cuban to own a team.
                        that's it in a nutshell. Bottom line is Loria is not rich enough to really be a successful owner in baseball and he needs to go, it would save baseball in So Fla.

If the owners stopped revenue sharing it would drive Loria out very quickly.
                        --------------------
                        Originally posted by CrimsonCane View Post
                        Get more rational friends.
                        I don't agree with him, but he is not alone and his feelings are those of many. Right or wrong, it's how they feel and if the Dolphins want those fans back they need to make changes, if they don't then stay the same course by all means, and keep those seats empty

The Marlins seats will be empty for different reasons, and there is practically no chance of getting a lot of them back unless Loria is gone.
                        Last edited by oakelmpine; 11-23-2012, 05:43 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                          Why should I provide any? I never claimed they didn't. You claimed to know for sure that they gave verbal assurances. You prove it.

If I had to pick a side, I'm taking the Marlins side on this one. Y'know, since they DON'T OFFER NO-TRADE CLAUSES.

Even if they did give verbal assurances, the moron is Mark Buehrle for believing it, anyway.

The Marlins have been clear throughout about not offering NTC's. Why would anyone seeking stability sign a contract that guarantees them no stability?

The Marlins didn't lie to the players; the players were idiots. The history of the Marlins front office and the players trusting the front office further proves their idiocy.
                          Clearly they believe there was a verbal assurance. They have stated as much. Have the Marlins categorically & verbally denied it ?

And don't get me wrong I believe they were idiots to sign with Loria too. I would never have trusted him.

You won't have to worry about it happening again soon, as we have seen some agents won't even let their clients talk to the Marlins much less entertain signing with them, at least for a few years, until everyone forgets about all of this.

Comment

• I've missed you

Comment

• #NEVER FORGET

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                                #NEVER FORGET
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Working...
                                X