• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Mainge is gonna love this
    --------------------
    ehe disenfranchised
    Last edited by HUGG; 11-21-2012, 09:18 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Pull Loria aside and tell him he's no longer welcome in "The Club." From the reports we've read there is support amongst the owners to punish him. The Commissioner has expansive powers that the owners would be willing to back if need be. It isn't a slam dunk case like the Dodgers situation, where an owner was going to use hundreds of millions of dollars to pay off his personal debt, but Loria isn't a first time manipulator of the system. (Excluding the Montreal days because MLB wanted him to do it.)

If 28 of the 30 teams didn't have the ballpark situations they have now and many were campaigning for new buildings, I think the trade would have been vetoed and MLB would have severely punish ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
        If you want to see good baseball albeit on a lower level there is always the Universities of Miami, FIU & FAU to go watch, and it's fairly cheap (Miami season tickets are only $119 for 32 home games)
        I hope this account is just a really long guerrilla marketing campaign for UM Baseball.
        poop

Comment

He's called Loria evil 400 times but also told Erick that Erick's bitter and sucked on a sour lemon at lunch because Erick said SoFla fans aren't good fans

Comment

Clowns.

Comment

Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
              That;s too simple. Jeff Ireland is another reason. I know of people that used to have tickets around my seats (or former tickets I too have dropped the Dolphins) that refuse to go back until Ireland is gone.

Also a number of Huuricane fans were insulted by the Tim Tebow day fiasco last year. What team invites fans to root for the other team ? The clueless Dolphins, thats who. Those insulted fans also won't go to another Dolphin game ever, many of them have been permanently disenfranchised by the Dolphins and even a Super Bowl won't bring them back.

The result is the same, empty seats but the reasons for them are vastly different, and the Dolphins can actually win many of them back. the Marlins because of their owner's evilness has turned them off from baseball forever - at least Marlins baseball that is.

If you want to see good baseball albeit on a lower level there is always the Universities of Miami, FIU & FAU to go watch, and it's fairly cheap (Miami season tickets are only $119 for 32 home games)
              The reason why the fanbase doesn't like Jeff Ireland is "too simple," as well. He's disliked because he's labeled as incompetent by people like you; he's labeled as incompetent because...the Dolphins have not won in a long time.

You can call it an oversimplification, but that's really what it boils down to. Winning and losing matters a lot to fans and there's not one specific formula to building a winner.

Your other two/three paragraphs seem like something a child would write so I'd rather not respond to them; there's really nothing to respond to. You and some others are speaking for an entire fanbase like if you know the entire fanbase. Your opinion isn't the opinion of an entire fanbase.

The next time the Marlins are in the playoffs, you'll see some wonderful crowds. People will be happy and no one will remember last year's 69-win team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                Your other two/three paragraphs seem like something a child would write so I'd rather not respond to them; there's really nothing to respond to.
                POTM

Comment

Selig shouldnt veto it as it sets a bad precedent.
                  Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                  Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

It has already been set.

Comment

That was over 40 years ago. Selig doesnt have the grapefruits past commissioners had. Fay Vincent would have told Loria to pack his shit and hit the road.
                      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                      Noah Perio
                      Jupiter
                      39 AB
                      15 H
                      0 2B
                      0 3B
                      0 HR
                      0 BB
                      .385/.385/.385

Comment

1976 wasn't over 40 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonCane View Post
                          Or, they said something similar to what I mentioned earlier in the thread.
                          Or not. Like Erick said we will never really know.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                            1976 wasn't over 40 years ago.
                            TIL I learned 1990 was over 40 years ago, fuck I'm old. So brave. Found this le gem. Nailed it. [10]
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

I suck at math apparently
                              Noah Perio
                              Jupiter
                              39 AB
                              15 H
                              0 2B
                              0 3B
                              0 HR
                              0 BB
                              .385/.385/.385

Comment

This notion that Dolphins fans have somehow been "permanently disenfranchised by the Dolphins" is utter nonsense. I mean, have you seen how much suffrage they've been through the past decade?! They haven't won a playoff game in 12 seasons! 12 seasons! I think that's enough suffrage!
                                Last edited by TheMendozaLine; 11-21-2012, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X