• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting twist

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
      Yes.

They'll look back and say it was a good move by ownership if that were to happen.

Sort of like how everyone was beginning to think Billy Beane was overrated before the season and now he's a genius again because Oakland unexpectedly made the playoffs.

Winning is the only thing fans care about.
      I think you vastly underestimate how much south floridans hate this ownership group. This is Art Modell in Cleveland levels of hatred. They could be 20 games over .500 in August, and they won't draw shit as everyone waits for Stanton to be traded next year. There is no brand loyalty or confidence. There is only pure anger at how they "duped" a stadium out of the City and at their constant patronizing attitude, "we made this trade to get better." Yea, ok assholes.

Winning is not going to be enough. It would be a start, but they have to stop condescending and patronizing the entire fan base and players. They have to show everyone the are committed to the team and not exclusively their bottom line.

I don't think they will ever recover from this, even if all these kids work out in 2015. The damage is already done. The next best day for the Marlins organization, is the day Loria sells the team.

Comment

Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
        Any proof they didn't give them ?
        Why should I provide any? I never claimed they didn't. You claimed to know for sure that they gave verbal assurances. You prove it.

If I had to pick a side, I'm taking the Marlins side on this one. Y'know, since they DON'T OFFER NO-TRADE CLAUSES.

Even if they did give verbal assurances, the moron is Mark Buehrle for believing it, anyway.

The Marlins have been clear throughout about not offering NTC's. Why would anyone seeking stability sign a contract that guarantees them no stability?

The Marlins didn't lie to the players; the players were idiots. The history of the Marlins front office and the players trusting the front office further proves their idiocy.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
          I think you vastly underestimate how much south floridans hate this ownership group. This is Art Modell in Cleveland levels of hatred. They could be 20 games over .500 in August, and they won't draw shit as everyone waits for Stanton to be traded next year. There is no brand loyalty or confidence. There is only pure anger at how they "duped" a stadium out of the City and at their constant patronizing attitude, "we made this trade to get better." Yea, ok assholes.

Winning is not going to be enough. It would be a start, but they have to stop condescending and patronizing the entire fan base and players. They have to show everyone the are committed to the team and not exclusively their bottom line.

I don't think they will ever recover from this, even if all these kids work out in 2015. The damage is already done. The next best day for the Marlins organization, is the day Loria sells the team.
          Or croaks.......I agree with Lou 100% on this.

Just today my letter carrier and I saw each other for the 1st time in several months (I was working from home today), and one of the 1st things we talked about was the Marlins. He knows from my mail I am (was) a season ticket holder. He said its a nice stadium, but he wouldn't ever set foot in it again unless its a U of Miami game or maybe one of the World Classic games but he won't ever go to a Marlins game again, he has no interest.

That's much like I feel about the Heat. I couldn't care less because I don't care about basketball. I have never once watched a Miami Heat game because frankly I don't give two shits about it or them. Loria just drove a bunch of people away over the last week or 10 days.
          Last edited by oakelmpine; 11-21-2012, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post

I think you underestimate South Florida fans lack of intelligence.

The reason they might not be drawing in August if they win is because South Florida fans suck.
            Did they draw in August last year with these apparently popular group of players?
            --------------------
            Did they draw in August the last time they won the World Series? August isn't fun yet. October would be fun. South Florida fans like fun times because "there's too much to do down here more fun than going to a baseball game in August." How many times have you heard a line like that?
            Last edited by Erick; 11-21-2012, 02:40 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I think you underestimate South Florida fans lack of intelligence.

The reason they might not be drawing in August if they win is because South Florida fans suck.
              Did they draw in August last year with these apparently popular group of players?
              --------------------
              Did they draw in August the last time they won the World Series? August isn't fun yet. October would be fun. South Florida fans like fun times because "there's too much to do down here more fun than going to a baseball game in August." How many times have you heard a line like that?
              Dude, you are so bitter, did you suck on a sour lemon for lunch today ?

Comment

Dude, you are so bitter today, did you suck on a sour lemon for lunch today ?
                No, just being realistic.
                But you go on believing everything the media tells you. It's a fun time to hate or make fun of the front office so I suppose we should do it 100% of the time even when they're not wrong as is the case in this instance.

Comment

I'm with Erick when it comes to the no-trade clauses. The fact is, they didn't give them to Reyes and Buerhle for a reason.

Comment

Waaaaaiiiiiiit. All of oakelmpine's posts have been about the marlins tragedy and loria croaking until he called erick bitter

That's weird, right?

Comment

No, just being realistic.
                      But you go on believing everything the media tells you. It's a fun time to hate or make fun of the front office so I suppose we should do it 100% of the time even when they're not wrong as is the case in this instance.
                      They created this problem themselves by doing their "Yankees Wannabe" act at the owners meetings last year. They wanted the attention and have to live with the consequences of their own stupidity last year.

What most people think is the most reprehensible part is that Loria is a total coward. He was front and center last year, Mr Big Shot, going here and there, signing players and negotiating with all the top free agents.

He was there for the Guillen signing, and for the Reyes, Buerhle and Bell signings. He was counting Guillen's f-bombs on Showtime.

So where is the coward now ? Wasn't there for Redmond's signing, and wasn't anywhere to be seen except for a couple of sightings at the Chicago owners meetings and certainly had almost nothing to say. He sent Beinfest & Samson to the wolves on radio & TV, but the wuss was no where to be seen.

Getting back to Reyes and Buehrle, lets see if Loria sues them for Libel / Slander. Because certainly it could be imagined that their words now have hurt his ability to sign free agents and have hurt his ability to conduct business. If he doesn't sue them I think it can be assumed that they are truthtelling.

Comment

I hope MH gets really upset about that last line.

THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS IN AMERICA

Comment

Loria is a public figure

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                            I'm with Erick when it comes to the no-trade clauses. The fact is, they didn't give them to Reyes and Buerhle for a reason.
                            That's fine Ramp, but then you don't also give verbal assurances to players either. I have no doubt they did that. Buehrle could have accepted a new contract with Chicago, which was on the table for him to take but Loria offered more money and a verbal assurance that they were committed to him and he wouldn't be traded anytime soon.

If you and Erick wish to believe otherwise, fine, do that, but also it's very difficult to take what Reyes and Buehrle and just think they are lying. They have nothing to gain by lying. Someone who is bitter because they have been lied to says the things they have said. I don't believe they just made it up - what is their motivation ? They will get paid the same if it is here or in Toronto.

Comment

They created this problem themselves by doing their "Yankees Wannabe" act at the owners meetings last year. They wanted the attention and have to live with the consequences of their own stupidity last year.

What most people think is the most reprehensible part is that Loria is a total coward. He was front and center last year, Mr Big Shot, going here and there, signing players and negotiating with all the top free agents.

He was there for the Guillen signing, and for the Reyes, Buerhle and Bell signings. He was counting Guillen's f-bombs on Showtime.

So where is the coward now ? Wasn't there for Redmond's signing, and wasn't anywhere to be seen except for a couple of sightings at the Chicago owners meetings and certainly had almost nothing to say. He sent Beinfest & Samson to the wolves on radio & TV, but the wuss was no where to be seen.

Getting back to Reyes and Buehrle, lets see if Loria sues them for Libel / Slander. Because certainly it could be imagined that their words now have hurt his ability to sign free agents and have hurt his ability to conduct business. If he doesn't sue them I think it can be assumed that they are truthtelling.
                              "Ehe"

Comment

They will get paid the same if it is here or in Toronto.
                                False.
                                --------------------
                                Also, Buehrle's probably mad about his dog.
                                Last edited by HUGG; 11-21-2012, 03:04 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X