Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Purchase the Contracts of Four

Joe Frisaro ‏@JoeFrisaro
    The #Marlins have added four to their 40-man roster: OF Marcell Ozuna, C Kyle Skipworth, OF Kyle Jensen, LHP Edgar Olmos. Roster now at 37
    I was all but certain that Urena was eligible for the Rule V draft. Guess not?
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

And Solarzano. Guess they signed "the next" year or whatever.

I guess they don't like Smolinski, he was the only other toss up.
    --------------------
    Mattison, Petersen, Gorkys, and Coghlan are also on the 40 man still.

And Coghlan enters arbitration.

There is more fat to trim even with 3 empty spots
    Last edited by lou; 11-20-2012, 03:08 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Solarzano, as I figured out, was not eligible this year (as he signed in July of 2009.) Urena signed in August of 2008. I thought that date (from what I've been told in the past) dictates when a player is eligible for the Rule V draft even if they didn't play that season. For example, Reds Didi Gregorious signed in August of 2007 but didn't play until 2008 yet he was added last off-season to the 40-man roster. That's the same instance here for Urena, or at least that's how it seems to me.
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
        And Solarzano. Guess they signed "the next" year or whatever.

I guess they don't like Smolinski, he was the only other toss up.
        --------------------
        Mattison, Petersen, Gorkys, and Coghlan are also on the 40 man still.

And Coghlan enters arbitration.

There is more fat to trim even with 3 empty spots
        Ya if Solarzano and Urena were not added it means neither was eligible because teams would love to get there hands on both of them.

As for Smolinski,it came down to him and Jensen really. Jensen had nice AFL so he gets added(More than likely an AL would have taken him)

Mattison and Coghlan are prolly the 2 on the first to go if needed list

Gotta think the 3 "empty spots" will go to 2 RP and 1 MIF with probably 1 a Rule 5 guy
        --------------------
        Another thing even tho it doesn't follow the topic,we missed a real chance to get a 2B or at worse a vet backup MIF.

Robert Andino got traded to Seattle and for what they got for him it would have prolly cost us a backup OF like Mattison or Coghlan
        Last edited by tjfla; 11-20-2012, 04:06 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Andino makes to much money

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
            Solarzano, as I figured out, was not eligible this year (as he signed in July of 2009.) Urena signed in August of 2008. I thought that date (from what I've been told in the past) dictates when a player is eligible for the Rule V draft even if they didn't play that season. For example, Reds Didi Gregorious signed in August of 2007 but didn't play until 2008 yet he was added last off-season to the 40-man roster. That's the same instance here for Urena, or at least that's how it seems to me.
            Everywhere I see it says this- IF signed before 19(16-18) u get 5 years of MILB exp and 19 and up u get 4 years of MILB exp.

Guess it doesn't matter when u sign but how old u are when u sign. Solorzano u said signed in July however his birthday is August and Urena u said signed in August but his birthday is in Sept. If u look at their MILB pages both only have 4 years of exp as well

Comment

By the way, Robert Andino sucks

Comment

There is that too

Comment

is Solarzano related to Coughlan?
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Skippy!

DAE think that a relative obscure last name being misspelled is literally the funniest thing of all time?
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Working...
                    X