No announcement yet.

How Low Will Attendance Go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chewie, beef is gonna call you a dicksperm.

ehe dicksperm was pretty funny beef

Comment

• Thanks Hugg, you made me think of it, being a dicksperm yourself and all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
        Chewie, beef is gonna call you a dicksperm.
        Dude, learn to use the spoiler tag.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• I'm making breakfast for dinner tonight so I can have the yummy syrup

Comment

• Saw some questions in an online chat from Sun Sentinel and Rodriguez. His answer in bold. Bruce bringing the fire.

Comment From Bruce
            Looks like they're looking at a payroll and attendance figure similar to the '11 team. Only difference is Loria makes a lot more money...
            12:25

Their attendance will still be higher than 11 just based on the fact they're in a new building.

Comment From Bruce
            When Loria last did this in '06 attendance dropped by 1/3 from 1.8 million to 1.15 million. A similar drop would this year would put attendance right around 1.5 million, which is about par for the last few years at the football stadium
            12:36

They went with 20 rookies and had a $15 million payroll in '06, plus had a bad venue. Stanton will be a draw, and fans seem to really like the new ballpark. Don't think the decrease will be as drastic as 05 to 06.
            2005 1,823,388
            2006 1,165,120 = 658,258 drop, 36%

2011 1,520,562
            2012 2,219,444

He thinks 2013 attendance will be over 1,420,444 based on 05/06 drop in attendance, and he adds a million more to that with the 2011 comment.

No way in hell. Stanton isn't going to be a draw as everyone thinks he will be traded. Confidence and morale all time low and knocking out all the hardcore season ticket holders.

If the Marlins are projecting this too, they are insane.

Comment

• Who is Bruce?

Comment

• [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrpXArn3hII[/ame]
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                  I never get the mocking of the fans not showing up. I'm there so what do I give a shit that others didn't go.
                  I also don't get it. If the product is shitty, why go ? I don't spend my money on things that don't bring me joy.

For me that means winning, for Cubs fans, maybe its for atmosphere - I guess. But they are still rewarding their management for being shitty, except in how to sell tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
                    I also don't get it. If the product is shitty, why go ? I don't spend my money on things that don't bring me joy.

For me that means winning, for Cubs fans, maybe its for atmosphere - I guess. But they are still rewarding their management for being shitty, except in how to sell tickets.
                    Fair enough.

If several people like you don't care to go, why should Loria spend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                      Fair enough.

If several people like you don't care to go, why should Loria spend?
                      You want me to go back to see the Marlins, Loria has to sell. If he doesn't I don't need baseball. I didn't have it in my life until I was 32 years old, and I got along just fine, had a wonderful wife (RIP sweetheart) and two great kids and a successful career.

Comment

• Were you a logger?

Comment

• Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
                          You want me to go back to see the Marlins, Loria has to sell. If he doesn't I don't need baseball. I didn't have it in my life until I was 32 years old, and I got along just fine, had a wonderful wife (RIP sweetheart) and two great kids and a successful career.
                          I don't think this has anything to do with the question I asked...

Comment

• The best part about this is oak responded to MH's post...about UM football.

Comment

Working...
                            X