No announcement yet.

Giancarlo: "I Do Not Like This at All”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they don't sign him to 7/$85 this offseason, I actually unfortunately agree with this if they could get something crazy like Profar, Olt, Perez, and 2 more legitimate guys that profile to be averageish. If he isn't going to be around in 3 years when the next group is supposedly going to be good, see how much you can get when he is healthy, pre-arbitration, and before he gets no pitches to hit for an entire season. And I bet Nolasco and Escobar are easily attachable to the deal to dump more payroll. Because you know, that's important too.

Comment

I think I'll have to concur as well, unfortunately. However, I don't know if Seattle is the best trade partner. Yes, they have awesome pitching, but that's really it. I think, at this point, we have good pitchers in Turner, Alvarez, Fernandez, Heaney and Nicolino. Yes, I want to get a pitcher in return, but that's all Seattle really has to offer other than Nick Franklin (who I like as well.) Texas really has the plethora of prospects that would suffice.
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Gotta give Passan this much; dude's got a recognizable style. I read half a sentence and I knew it was him.
        --------------------
        If the Marlins trade Stanton, Passan will write a diatribe about how Loria just wanted the attention put on him and not Stanton's home runsd.
        Last edited by Bobbob1313; 11-21-2012, 06:53 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
        poop

Comment

So I got a message from a friend who is somewhat in the know and he heard that the Cincinnati Reds could have Giancarlo for Billy Hamilton, Daniel Corcino, Devin Mesoraco, Robert Stephenson and Mike Leake. Take it as you may, but I thought I'd pass it along.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

we have Brently already, y would loria want mesococo

it's all about 2014 i told u
            poop

Comment

Billy Hamilton is the most beinfestball player ever. And he could learn from Pierre. Swoon.

Still not sure who plays 3B in this fantasy universe.

Comment

Didn't they say Yunel Escobar is?
                --------------------
                I think it's really disappointing that lou is adopting Swift things now.
                Last edited by Bobbob1313; 11-23-2012, 09:39 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                poop

Comment

It's disappointing that 5 of you are most likely one-third of all the people in the world who thought this was a good trade.

Comment

You're a thinger

Comment

So if I don't want Loria sent to jail, I think it's a good trade. Excellent.
                      poop

Comment

Daft.

Don't call me.

Comment

Can we stop talking about what other posters are doing and talk about the baseball team?

I don't care who is in what clique and who is posting things like that guy.

There are bigger things to argue about.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                            It's disappointing that 5 of you are most likely one-third of all the people in the world who thought this was a good trade.
                            What are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                              Didn't they say Yunel Escobar is?
                              --------------------
                              I think it's really disappointing that lou is adopting Swift things now.
                              I was referring to the longterm. If said hypothetical fantasy reds trade were to happen, organization will have traded Stanton and not gotten a significant prospect at the worst position of organizational depth, 3B (and 2B as Hamilton has moved to CF). I mean they'd have tons of pitching to potentially trade, but I would say if you move Stanton, don't you have to get the perfect players at the perfect positions?

Comment

I would very much prefer the perfect players and worry about positions when the time comes.

I don't think they have to get a 3B in a deal for Stanton.

Better yet, I don't think they have to trade Stanton. All of the proposed deals I've seen are nowhere near good enough including this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X