Giancarlo: "I Do Not Like This at All”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
    All of these things have been mentioned (pissed about) 700 times.

Welcome back.
    I don't remember you or oak mentioning them. And if you have, you have not done it consistently. The majority of your posts make you seem like a bitter twit and if you had actually consistently referenced those reasons most people here would not think you've gone bat shit crazy lately.

On a separate note, I'm actually more excited to see this season than last and it might be the first time in a few years where I get an mlb.tv subscription so I can watch every game. That probably has more to do with the fact that I won't be working during 85% of the games.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay576 View Post
      I don't remember you or oak mentioning them. And if you have, you have not done it consistently. The majority of your posts make you seem like a bitter twit and if you had actually consistently referenced those reasons most people here would not think you've gone bat shit crazy lately.
      Ah. Twit. Well played, jay.

I suppose it's useless to cite that I (and many others) have talked about the lack of reinvestment, the stalling with Stanton and the lack of vision countless times (going back three months) because you've already made your mind up.

If we don't say all of those things in every post are we twits by default?

I don't think you're paying very good attention, jay, but "twit" was a nice touch.
      Last edited by Namaste; 02-26-2013, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• I like how you immediately turn to defense mode rather than supporting your claim. I remember those points were made. I'm not sure you've made them but when the majority of your posts emerge upon a different theme with that being bitterness about the trade and blind hatred to Loria.

Comment

• The only thing that I don't get at all is not doing anything with Stanton this offseason.

I don't understand the point of waiting.

The rest, whatever. I really don't have a problem with what's being done. They sucked so they're trying to start over. I don't have a problem with that. The lack of re-investment probably makes sense too since they probably don't even know what to expect from this core group of players.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
            1 - there is no chance in overpaying him in any arbitration buyout. getting ANY free agency years, and the Marlins would surely get 2-3, eliminates any chance this happens. notwithstanding the same, there are clear comparables with Upton, Bruce, and Cargo, and if he bashes more Howard, Fielder, Cabrera. This isn't fucking rocking science. Fuck him
            Buster Olney actually addressed this in his article today. This is as close as I can get to posting it in this thread, though.

http://soflamarlins.com/showpost.php...&postcount=204

Comment

I like how you immediately turn to defense mode rather than supporting your claim. I remember those points were made. I'm not sure you've made them but when the majority of your posts emerge upon a different theme with that being bitterness about the trade and blind hatred to Loria.
              Jay, you're in ATTACK mode. Calm down.

I simply pointed out that all of the things you thought hadn't been mentioned yet had been pointed out 700 times during the course of the last 3 months.

Don't get offended. 700 wasn't an exaggeration.

Blind hatred? You haven't been paying attention (or were not a member of this site) over the course of the last 7+ years if you think I have a blind hatred of the owner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                Jay, you're in ATTACK mode. Calm down.

I simply pointed out that all of the things you thought hadn't been mentioned yet had been pointed out 700 times during the course of the last 3 months.

Don't get offended. 700 wasn't an exaggeration.

Blind hatred? You haven't been paying attention (or were not a member of this site) over the course of the last 7+ years if you think I have a blind hatred of the owner.
                If you read my entire post you would see I acknowledge that but if you haven't been paying attention that isn't the majority of discussion. Intelligent discussion in marlins boards has been in extreme rarity for awhile now.

I think you do currently which is a drastic shift from how I remember you. And this specific site didn't exist 7 years ago. I'm not sure the dates but the only site I can guarantee existed 7 years ago was shadeznation which had basically no members.

Comment

• No it wasn't this site (name) specifically but:

Party
                  Emkayseven
                  Omar
                  CC
                  Hugg
                  Ramp
                  Todd
                  Fritz
                  Swift
                  Chewie
                  BlackoutPact
                  (Sorry if I forgot anyone)

have have been posting on this message board with me since 2005.

I don't have "blind" hatred for the ownership.

Comment

• You fucking turd shit.
                    poop

Comment

• Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• Did I forget anyone?

Bobbob made his big splash into Marlins forumville a little later than that group, right?

And Beef too I believe.

I could be wrong.

Comment

• Article removed due to prior complaints from ESPN RE: Posting of Insider articles. Omar comin'

You know it's bad when Buster Olney even gets it right. Although his $120-140 estimate on a deal for next offseason is a little heavy unless it's for 7-8 years. 6/$100 is a good benchmark for next offseason.
                          Last edited by Omar; 02-27-2013, 12:04 PM. Reason: Removal of Insider content.

Comment

There are reasons to be pissed and I haven't noticed anyone who is crying about this mention them. Be pissed they aren't reinvesting the money now. Or that everyone in the front office still has a job despite putting together a horrible team. Or not shopping around for the best possible deal. Or not buying out/trading Stanton. Or the lack of vision. Yeah there is plenty to be pissed about but you aren't pissed about those things. Loria making the same decisions any other person should make in his position is no reason to be pissed off.
                            These reasons have been mentioned, not just here but in many other threads. Not as frequently as other arguments because everyone agrees the FO sucks, there is a lack of vision, they don't always get best values for their deals, and Stanton should have been locked up earlier.

I don't think a reinvestment of money is necessary now until we see how the prospects shake out. Seeing how they're approaching the Stanton contract makes it seem they are and will be risk averse in re: contracts for awhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandroimbuto
                              <-- 2004
                              How could I forget Sandro

ugh

Comment

• He got three ehe's

Comment

Working...
                                X