Giancarlo: "I Do Not Like This at All”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
    Because it was the first year of the new stadium and he was trying to win?

And then it failed miserably so he decided he wanted to rebuild since the team sucked and had no farm system?

Ever think of that?
    You can believe that if you wish. I believe he planned all along to break up the team unless they played at an unbelievable pace and made it to the WS. Still even after that, I think he would have broken it all up in the name of making easy money, instead of having to make it by competing as a legitimate franchise's owner would try.

It's so much easier to sit back and take the revenue sharing, and the stupid rest of MLB owners make it easy for him to do it.

If they stopped the revenue sharing I bet he places that team up for sale within 24 hours.

Comment

• As would like 23 other owners.
      poop

Comment

• Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
        You can believe that if you wish. I believe he planned all along to break up the team unless they played at an unbelievable pace and made it to the WS. Still even after that, I think he would have broken it all up in the name of making easy money, instead of having to make it by competing as a legitimate franchise's owner would try.

It's so much easier to sit back and take the revenue sharing, and the stupid rest of MLB owners make it easy for him to do it.

If they stopped the revenue sharing I bet he places that team up for sale within 24 hours.
        Ok, that's cool, but that's just your opinion.
        You're not being open-minded at all to other possible scenarios.

The fact of the matter is that we'll never know that. The team did not win the World Series. The team did not win anything. The team sucked.

Maybe this will result in a bad team for a long, long time, but keeping last year's team around would've also resulted in a bad team for a long, long time. And, quite frankly, asking an owner to keep a bad, expensive team around, especially in this market, is kinda silly.
        The crowds were bad last year when the other players were still around because the team sucked.
        --------------------
        Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post

I just saw this, but my response is the same as bobbob's. Revenue sharing isn't in place just because Loria asked for it.
        Last edited by Erick; 02-26-2013, 02:47 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Then oakelmpine would be mad at loria for not getting stadium and at the homeless for interfering with stadium

Comment

• I dont find him evil, per say, but he is a shady asshole and seems to be a compulsive liar. I would guess just from reading his interviews that he is narcissistic as well.
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
              Who knows if this is true, but if Loria is so high and mighty and wants players to come to him, GTFO of here already. Its the organizations job to sign players. Get over yourself. And even in bizarro land, what has Loria ever done to convince a player actively choose to be in Miami?

This is so stupid. Fire the PR firm, and pay Stanton. It'll be more effective.
              Its not that he is so high and mighty,I just think it is he doesn't wanna overpay for Stanton and wants to make sure this is where Stanton wants to be. He would rather have Stanton say what he wants than to offer him something and either piss him off more or overpay for him.

As for Loria being evil and trading guys away,u all realize that if the team last year would have won 100 games and made the playoffs that they would all prolly still be here and everything would have worked out fine. Instead the team bombed and they made the decision that 2014 is what they were gonna build towards and start over. If the team played great last year,no one would be complaining bout the stadium

Comment

• Most of us realize that last part.

Although I believe we still probably cut payroll because attendance still wasn't that great. Maybe not though

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandroimbuto
                  Swindling taxpayer money with false promises qualifies as evil. Could have fed the homeless.
                  I don't really think he "swindled" the taxpayers. The stadium was going to get built, or the team was going to leave. This is the cost of having a sports team in 21st century America. That's shitty all around, and I'd be down for a discussion about the costs of publicly subsidized sports and entertainment venues, but I don't think Loria is alone in that.

If he didn't get the stadium and then moved the team, people would say he was evil for putting profit over civic pride; see, Seattle Supersonics/Sacramento Kings.

I just don't see that as evil, or at least any more evil than 90% of what sports teams do.
                  poop

Comment

• EVOL

it's LOVE backwards. Loria loves us all

Comment

• namaste's always add a lot to a thread
                      poop

Comment

• just ignore him, you can do it

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                          namaste's always add a lot to a thread
                          Whatever, tough guy. Go write about fantasy arena league. He's a cop. Leave him alone.

Comment

• can't have any fun around here anymore. sheeesh

Comment

• I think people are catching on to the thing where you say a bunch of ridiculous shit like the first graders that Jeffrey Loria thinks he's talking to and then you say other silliness and try to imply you've just been kidding all along.

Comment

• beef is a cranky pants lately
                                Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                                Noah Perio
                                Jupiter
                                39 AB
                                15 H
                                0 2B
                                0 3B
                                0 HR
                                0 BB
                                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
                                X