Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yea, forget what I said bobbo

Comment

• Can we create an alternate timeline where I can watch OakElmPine be a Clippers' fan in the decade before Blake Griffin got drafted?

That would be a hilarious thing to watch.

Donald Sterling is a sports owner that you might be able to use the word "evil" with. I can't think of any other ones.
      poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
        I just... "Evil in the sports world"?

I'll never ever be able to comprehend that.

I get that people care more than I do. But "evil" seems like such a stupid, inappropriate word to throw around.
        Well that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
          If the REAL attendance (not the fake attendance the official attendance will be) is more than 800,000 this year, it will only be because Braves, Phillies, Mets and Cubs fans drive the total up. And it will be a shame, because all they are doing is giving Loria more money to buy art work, instead of invest in his own team.
          the attendance is usually higher than it should be because Mets, Cubs, and other fans drive it up

Comment

• Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
            Well that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.
            I like that you made the point of typing this, even though you have to know that the words you used are completely meaningless, right?
            --------------------
            You know what is "sports evil"?

Taking dates into the locker room as the owner of a team so you can "show off your beautiful black bodies", or telling your general manager you want to fill your team with "poor black boys from the South and a white head coach".

Or failing to take care of the long-term health of your players despite knowing about the long-term health effects of the game, like the NFL.

You're pissed off because his team won't be competitive enough. Get the fuck out of here with "evil".

If you want to say he's a bad owner, go right on ahead. But you're being hysterical with the rest of it.
            Last edited by Bobbob1313; 02-26-2013, 01:15 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
            poop

Comment

Taking dates into the locker room as the owner of a team so you can "show off your beautiful black bodies", or telling your general manager you want to fill your team with "poor black boys from the South and a white head coach".
              Has this actually happened?

Was it Todd?
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• Donald Sterling.
                poop

Comment

None of that is evil.
                  --------------------
                  Also, you kind of ruined Ramp's defense of you.
                  Well that is your opinion. That tax money could have been raised and used differently to help what is actually a very poor Miami-Dade constituency. So one person taking millions of dollars away from county because of greed is evil in my opinion.

So do you think people that engage in Ponzi scheme's and ruin other people's lives are not evil ? Ask the tax-payers of Miami-Dade county who now have to pay for the Arsht Center out of general funds, because that money was diverted to pay for the Marlins Ballpark. Many of them feel Loria was just like a Ponzi schemer and is getting away with it.

Loria is evil because he made promises and then broke them, to the public, to players and to MLB execs who helped him secure the ballpark. He said he needed a stadium. The taxpayers will be sacrificing for 20-30 years because of his need to become even richer without keeping those promises he made. I and many others do believe he had this in mind all the time, and that it is a pre-meditated ripoff of the public.

You wish to excuse him, fine do that, but don't belittle or bully people who don't share your opinion.

I believe he is evil, and you don't - too fucking bad.
                  --------------------
                  Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                  I like that you made the point of typing this, even though you have to know that the words you used are completely meaningless, right?
                  --------------------
                  You know what is "sports evil"?

Or failing to take care of the long-term health of your players despite knowing about the long-term health effects of the game, like the NFL.

You're pissed off because his team won't be competitive enough. Get the fuck out of here with "evil".

If you want to say he's a bad owner, go right on ahead. But you're being hysterical with the rest of it.
                  You completely miss the point altogether. I'm starting to believe you may be just as clueless as Loria seems to be.

What I am pissed off about the most, is the way he has used the public to line his own pockets and does it in a Cavalier way. Because I don't believe he could be nearly as stupid as he has sounded in the interviews he has done the last two days or in the letter he (or his PR firm) produced for the newspapers.

I have to give Loria one bit of credit. He's managed to be at the same time clueless and evil genius. That is mighty hard to pull off.
                  --------------------
                  Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                  the attendance is usually higher than it should be because Mets, Cubs, and other fans drive it up
                  yes and ?

Even with them in attendance I'll be surprised if the REAL attendance is more than 800,000. Not the official attendance.
                  Last edited by oakelmpine; 02-26-2013, 01:44 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                    Even tho Loria talked about not offering him a contract this year it does not mean we won't talk deal with him. Loria is still mad about Stanton and his tweets/West Coast comments plus he wants Stanton to say what he wants and not have to overpay.(Stupid but it's Loria) This has been the stance since Oct tho,Loria wants Stanton to come to the FO and say I want 7/100 million or whatever and that he wants to be here. When that happens u will see us either give him the deal or call Texas and say ready to deal

As for other offers,no one comes close to Texas. They are offering guys that can play positions we have no one at plus arms. Not only that but the guys will be ready to play in 2014 and not in 2016/17
                    Who knows if this is true, but if Loria is so high and mighty and wants players to come to him, GTFO of here already. Its the organizations job to sign players. Get over yourself. And even in bizarro land, what has Loria ever done to convince a player actively choose to be in Miami?

This is so stupid. Fire the PR firm, and pay Stanton. It'll be more effective.

Comment

• Loria, the clueless evil genius

Comment

Can we create an alternate timeline where I can watch OakElmPine be a Clippers' fan in the decade before Blake Griffin got drafted?

That would be a hilarious thing to watch.

Donald Sterling is a sports owner that you might be able to use the word "evil" with. I can't think of any other ones.
                        He lived fast with booze and drugs and let hookers make his personnel decisions for him. Thats not evil, thats just living man.

edit: didnt know about all that other stuff.
                        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                        Noah Perio
                        Jupiter
                        39 AB
                        15 H
                        0 2B
                        0 3B
                        0 HR
                        0 BB
                        .385/.385/.385

Comment

• ehe

Comment

• Originally posted by ochre View Post
                            This part bother anyone or just me?
                            That didn't bother me at all. I had been saying that since before the trade happened.
                            --------------------
                            Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                            I want to not do the thing where I'm a condescending jerk... But jesus christ, it's just sports. Stop saying he's evil. For fuck's sake.

He's a guy who traded some players on a team you root for. That's not evil. Fuck.
                            According to Dan Sileo, he's a criminal.
                            --------------------
                            Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
                            This is where it doesn't make any sense, and leads one to think even if they had won, and had 81 sellouts last year, they couldn't afford Buehrle and this was all pre-meditated.

Why sign Buehrle then ? Why did you sign the ridiculous multi-year contract ? He just sounds like a imbecile who just doesn't get it, or sounds like a very shrewd and calculating evil bastard owner. I'll take the 2nd.
                            Because it was the first year of the new stadium and he was trying to win?

And then it failed miserably so he decided he wanted to rebuild since the team sucked and had no farm system?

Ever think of that?
                            --------------------
                            Originally posted by Beef View Post
                            Loria, the clueless evil genius
                            Impressive
                            Last edited by Erick; 02-26-2013, 02:20 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I think what bobbob is trying to say is, "CEASE THE ATTACKS" cause "IT AIN'T TRUE, FOLKS!"

Comment

• Daft was just listening to LeBatard.
                                --------------------
                                Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
                                Well that is your opinion. That tax money could have been raised and used differently to help what is actually a very poor Miami-Dade constituency. So one person taking millions of dollars away from county because of greed is evil in my opinion.

So do you think people that engage in Ponzi scheme's and ruin other people's lives are not evil ? Ask the tax-payers of Miami-Dade county who now have to pay for the Arsht Center out of general funds, because that money was diverted to pay for the Marlins Ballpark. Many of them feel Loria was just like a Ponzi schemer and is getting away with it.

Loria is evil because he made promises and then broke them, to the public, to players and to MLB execs who helped him secure the ballpark. He said he needed a stadium. The taxpayers will be sacrificing for 20-30 years because of his need to become even richer without keeping those promises he made. I and many others do believe he had this in mind all the time, and that it is a pre-meditated ripoff of the public.

You wish to excuse him, fine do that, but don't belittle or bully people who don't share your opinion.
                                Nobody is excusing him, you dolt. I'm simply saying he's not "evil".

All the rest about ponzi schemes is stupid, because you didn't think that way 6 months ago.

Your hatred of Loria has nothing to do with any of that. It's that he traded some players you like, so now the team you like will lose more games. Period. That's all you care about.

Don't try to drape yourself in this bullshit populism. Come off it.
                                Last edited by Bobbob1313; 02-26-2013, 02:35 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X