No announcement yet.

Giancarlo: "I Do Not Like This at All”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for a ball hit in Rangers Ballpark to land in Houston, it would have to be foul on the 1st base side

Comment

• Not if it orbits the Earth.

Comment

• Now you're just being ludicrous

Comment

• Loria said they will basically not lie to the fans in his article posted to the fans. I believe he said something about being more involved with the fan base.

My feeling from the interview with him yesterday is that Stanton is a goner. He's not telling us he's going to sign him. Samson used to go on Lebatard raving about how after the ballpark was built, they were going to start negotiations with Giancarlo and that's yet to happen.

In my eyes, Stanton is a goner.

Comment

• So, you believe him now?
            --------------------
            I mean, I'm not saying I think they'll sign him, but it seems odd to start taking him at his word now.
            Last edited by HUGG; 02-26-2013, 07:04 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• (Why include Buehrle and Reyes in the trade? Why not keep them?)
              Buehrle is a very interesting guy. He’s in this mid-30s. Where he is to join us? You have to look ahead… You make a team four years from now, Buerhle doesn’t fit in. he’s at the end of his career earning $17 million, 18 million, and frankly that doesn’t work down here at that point for us because there are other players we want to sign…
              This part bother anyone or just me?

Comment

• Only bothers me because he didn't include an explanation for Reyes

I agree with the Beuhrle excuse
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Even tho Loria talked about not offering him a contract this year it does not mean we won't talk deal with him. Loria is still mad about Stanton and his tweets/West Coast comments plus he wants Stanton to say what he wants and not have to overpay.(Stupid but it's Loria) This has been the stance since Oct tho,Loria wants Stanton to come to the FO and say I want 7/100 million or whatever and that he wants to be here. When that happens u will see us either give him the deal or call Texas and say ready to deal

As for other offers,no one comes close to Texas. They are offering guys that can play positions we have no one at plus arms. Not only that but the guys will be ready to play in 2014 and not in 2016/17

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                    Only bothers me because he didn't include an explanation for Reyes

I agree with the Beuhrle excuse
                    This is where it doesn't make any sense, and leads one to think even if they had won, and had 81 sellouts last year, they couldn't afford Buehrle and this was all pre-meditated.

Why sign Buehrle then ? Why did you sign the ridiculous multi-year contract ? He just sounds like a imbecile who just doesn't get it, or sounds like a very shrewd and calculating evil bastard owner. I'll take the 2nd.

Comment

• I want to not do the thing where I'm a condescending jerk... But jesus christ, it's just sports. Stop saying he's evil. For fuck's sake.

He's a guy who traded some players on a team you root for. That's not evil. Fuck.
                      poop

Comment

• Evil in the sports world. Don't take everything as is.

Like when KWII said he was a soldier. Did you think he was really comparing himself to a soldier?

Also, some people care about sports more than others. You need to understand and get that. Just because you're level headed or sometimes apathetic to it, doesn't mean everyone should be or is

I still <3 you though

Comment

• He's not evil.

Pol Pot was evil.

Bragging to writers how you vastly improved your Minor League talent in the offseason without mentioning how you did it or why you needed to do it in the first place is not evil. It's just laughable.

Comment

• I just... "Evil in the sports world"?

I'll never ever be able to comprehend that.

I get that people care more than I do. But "evil" seems like such a stupid, inappropriate word to throw around.
                            poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                              I want to not do the thing where I'm a condescending jerk... But jesus christ, it's just sports. Stop saying he's evil. For fuck's sake.

He's a guy who traded some players on a team you root for. That's not evil. Fuck.
                              This isn't about sports, its about taxes & money, and the ripoff he made of the public trust. You just don't get it dude. He did nothing but use the public to make his franchise wealthier and portfolio bigger. He has managed to make this franchise a joke, himself more hated by his customers than almost any other public figure, and just about ruined the chance that baseball ever becomes a viable & sustainable sport in South Fla. The public now don't just ignore the Marlins, the sight of them or their gear makes people angry.

If the REAL attendance (not the fake attendance the official attendance will be) is more than 800,000 this year, it will only be because Braves, Phillies, Mets and Cubs fans drive the total up. And it will be a shame, because all they are doing is giving Loria more money to buy art work, instead of invest in his own team.

Comment

• None of that is evil.
                                --------------------
                                Also, you kind of ruined Ramp's defense of you.
                                Last edited by Bobbob1313; 02-26-2013, 01:04 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X