• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think she works for ESPN now

Comment

• is tjfla a roaming scout?
      --------------------
      Fritz picks out the most prime trim in the stands for Stanton post-game "workout".
      --------------------
      oakelmpine is the new Billy The Marlin
      Last edited by Namaste; 02-16-2013, 10:51 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Pretty indifferent to seeing Stanton sign a long term deal. If there was a different ownership group in place I would love it, cornerstone building block. But even if he signs one with Miami, you know after 2 seasons when the big money kicks in that he will be dealt. Might as well let him coast through arbitration and trade him to whatever team actually has intentions of paying him and hope for a big return.
        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Can I just be the owner? =) I will spend money!

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
            Pretty indifferent to seeing Stanton sign a long term deal. If there was a different ownership group in place I would love it, cornerstone building block. But even if he signs one with Miami, you know after 2 seasons when the big money kicks in that he will be dealt. Might as well let him coast through arbitration and trade him to whatever team actually has intentions of paying him and hope for a big return.
            Bad idea. Letting him coast for 2 years means Stanton is 2 years from free agency and already has $8-10 million in his pocket. This is setting his agent up to ask for the biggest deal in free agency history. Literally. 10/$300 if he's a free agent at 26.

In such a scenario, it goes without saying he is worth less to a team trading for him knowing Stanton's leverage in negotiating a deal is much much much higher than right now and they will have to pay out the ass. This is exactly why they need to figure it out by the start of the season, or at minimum within the next calendar year as another team probably still has a shot at a 6 year deal next year offseason.

They have to sign him, or have to trade him, right now. Either decision value wise is the only way to maximize him as an asset. That $10 million arbitration tender sets Stanton up for life next year. He can start gambling guaranteed money at that point.

This is really important. This is 2004 with Cabrera. Disaster is approaching unless they do something.

Comment

• Zero chance they handle this the wrong way.

I'm starting to get pumped for April 10th vs the Braves. My boys and I were actually talking about it last night. The hot dogs (YUM), the pizza (YUM). I'm going to buy tickets soon.

Comment

• This new daft gimmick has potential.

Comment

• Hugg

He's not really excited about the game, but he wants to eat the food because it's all they can do right.

Comment

• I was snubbed

Comment

• You can buy the team and move it to Vancouver

Comment

• Potential, boys. We're all about potential, boys.

Those sentences are really scary without the commas.

Comment

• I had forgotten we gave away Boner too. Lame.

Comment

• The real problem with waiting to deal Stanton (because it's coming, just accept it) is that a lot of the players the Marlins will want (Profar, Olt, etc) are having their clocks controlled by other organizations who, presumably, are far less cost averse than the Marlins. Not only is waiting lessening what the team will get for him, it's also diminishing the value of what the Marlins will receive (since, ideally, you'd want whatever the Marlins get to have the same clock as Yelich/Fernandez).

Pathetic organization.
                            --------------------
                            Also it's too bad that Banuelos and Betances' development fell off a cliff. I'd like to see Stanton in Yankee stadium, and that'd be a good starting point for negotiations (if you had the 2010 B&Bs follow their presumed trajectories).
                            Last edited by Swifty; 02-17-2013, 09:54 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                              I'd like to see Stanton in Yankee stadium.
                              Well, no duh. You've been a Yankees fan since 06.

Comment

• CRUUUUUUUSHED
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X