No announcement yet.

Giancarlo: "I Do Not Like This at All”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He was signed during his pre-arbitration season. So yes, it is the same scenario as if the Marlins sign Stanton this May versus right now.

I think this is a bad idea as if he has 10 HR in May, price just keeps increasing. If you're going to do it, do it now before a scarier comp (Prince, Howard) happens. They have a good argument for Upton, Cargo, etc right now. 7/$85-90 gets it done.
    --------------------
    Originally posted by jay576 View Post
    Pretty sure you're right but Lou has pointed out multiple times that waiting will most likely add $15 million to the contract.
    Well that's waiting post 2013, roughly. It's very inexact, but I think generally it's safe to say March is cheaper than May which is cheaper than July. It's all about the service time (and bombs).
    Last edited by lou; 01-07-2013, 10:32 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• This last page has been like a Lou flashback.

Comment

• Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
        I understand what both are, and you also have to determine into this the "eye test" and Hanley, and his rumors from his Boston days, combined with seeing him in action (on and off the field) should lead one to conclude that you can build around one guy, and the other one you trade away and get as much as you can for him. The Marlins already traded away the one they should have, but 2 years too late.

It's just common sense.
        I don't agree in the slightest. Calling Hanley anything other than a cornerstone player at the time of his extension is factually incorrect. He was on the shortlist of best players in the game.

I understand that painting Hanley in a different light helps your narrative, but Hanley was the man, regardless of what your eye test says.
        --------------------
        Originally posted by lou View Post
        He was signed during his pre-arbitration season. So yes, it is the same scenario as if the Marlins sign Stanton this May versus right now.

I think this is a bad idea as if he has 10 HR in May, price just keeps increasing. If you're going to do it, do it now before a scarier comp (Prince, Howard) happens. They have a good argument for Upton, Cargo, etc right now. 7/$85-90 gets it done.
        --------------------

Well that's waiting post 2013, roughly. It's very inexact, but I think generally it's safe to say March is cheaper than May which is cheaper than July. It's all about the service time (and bombs).
        Then we might as well just wait for his annual April DL stint.
        Last edited by Mainge; 01-07-2013, 11:38 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• His injury history does worry me a little bit.

Not enough to not sign him or anything, but yeah.

Comment

• Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
            I understand what both are, and you also have to determine into this the "eye test" and Hanley, and his rumors from his Boston days, combined with seeing him in action (on and off the field) should lead one to conclude that you can build around one guy, and the other one you trade away and get as much as you can for him. The Marlins already traded away the one they should have, but 2 years too late.

It's just common sense.
            Cabrera had(has) just as many immaturity questions as Hanley and he is still a cornerstone player.

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
              Cabrera had(has) just as many immaturity questions as Hanley and he is still a cornerstone player.
              The eye test says otherwise. Have you ever taken the test?

Comment

• Looks like Seattle could still be in the Stanton mix if he is traded

They had a deal with Arizona and Upton blocked it- Nick Franklin, Charlie Furbush, Stephen Pryor and Taijuan Walker were to go to Arizona

This is pretty much the same deal that we wanted from them minus Mike Zunino when they called to ask what we wanted for him.

Our "offer" was Franklin,Pryor or Capps,Walker,Zunino and another prospect which they said Zunino was off the table and we said bye

Comment

• I know Nick Franklin's brother. Pitched for UF and dated one of my friends. Because of my interactions with his brother I like Nick Franklin.
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• He's prob not worth having to take on zunino though

Comment

• i mean, he and skip can kick it in new orleans
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                        i mean, he and skip can kick it in new orleans
                        The only time Zunino would see Skip is in ST before Skip is sent back down to NOLA,well until we take him off the 40 man OR if Zunino needs a rehab stop

The big reason why we want Zunino,he can catch/DH in AA in 2013 and if LoMo sucks it up Zunino is the Starting 1B in 2014. Plus he can hit 25 HR's without batting .189

I do like that we want the team's best prospect in any deal-Zunino/Seattle and Profar/Texas. If not then don't even call

Comment

• I'd be highly disappointed if he was traded to Seattle. Either get Profar/Olt/Perez or don't even consider dealing Stanton.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                            Plus he can hit 25 HR's without batting .189
                            no he can't

you'll see

Comment

• Zunino's okay but he's no Smoak.

Comment

• He will hit all his homers in the 2nd inning in games that eventually aren't close

Comment

Working...
                                X