• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• they don't need to trade him

Comment

• LETS GROOVE TONIGHT!

Comment

• @Ken_Rosenthal: Lots of interest in #Marlins' Stanton, but sources all but rule out a deal. One source says chances are "as close to zero as they can be."
        /Twitter

Comment

• 7/$85.

And really, that makes him more tradeable knowing arbitration does not need to be dealt with. WTF is wrong with these idiots.

Comment

• Clowns have feelings too.

Comment

• Comment

• I would much rather deal with TEX than SEA. I am not a big fan of Seattle's prospects.

Comment

• but zunino
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• You enjoy sharing your prospect guruness with Big Z

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                      What do you mean "another" call?

Also, what is Seattle willing to give up.

How does SEA fare vs TEX?

I'd assume any players acquired via trade for Stanton along with those acquired through all the other trades, should give us a top 5 minor league system in baseball.
                      Texas and Seattle called when he made those comments and were told we are gonna keep him however alot of reports came out that Texas was"talking" so they finally called again to see if he was on the market. The problem is while Seattle is willing to trade guys,they aren't willing to deal a power bat back to us.

Seattle-Walker or Hultzen,Franklin,Zunino,Capps/Pryor,plus more Thats what we asked for and were told Zunino is untouchable right now which led to us saying O well then. They are looking for SP,RP,MIF and a power bat in return for him. That is the reason Texas matches up so well tons of ML Ready arms,Profar,Olt

For Erick-They don't want Zunino for his catching ability,they want him for that bat. If Morrison sucks,they can just move Zunino to 1B and get rid of LoMo.

Comment

• Not a fan of a SEA deal at all.

If TEX gives me:

Profar
                        Olt
                        Perez
                        Grimm
                        Buckel

I'm in.

4 of those 5 guys can make an impact right away. Maybe I'd even remove one of the pitchers (Perez) for Martin so that he takes over in RF/CF.

Comment

• I would expect Profar, Olt, M. Perez, Grimm/Buckel, and a right handed reliever, for Stanton, Nolasco, probably a throw in arm or two (c level prospects), and Marlins sending a few bucks over to cover Nolasco. I don't really want Martin. He might be alright, but the combination of decent OF depth (Yelich, Marisnick, Ozuna, Ruggiano, Silverio, and farther away Copeland, Solarzano, Keys) coupled with OF being the easiest thing to find in FA, keep amassing arms. If it's a deal breaker, sure, but can't see that being the case.

I honestly don't see why both of them wouldn't jump at it. Beltre, Andrus, and Kinsler are kind of awesome and Rangers window is closing. He's a now and rebuild piece. They both need to do it (assuming Marlins refuse or Stanton somehow refuses to sign a 7/$85).
                          --------------------
                          I too am not excited about Seattle. They have some good guys, but Olt/Profar is really ideal.
                          Last edited by lou; 01-02-2013, 04:36 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post

For Erick-They don't want Zunino for his catching ability,they want him for that bat. If Morrison sucks,they can just move Zunino to 1B and get rid of LoMo.
                            I just think that's weird because you said they had no interest in d'Arnaud. So they had no interest in d'Arnaud, but now no Zunino is some sort of deal-breaker?

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                              I just think that's weird because you said they had no interest in d'Arnaud. So they had no interest in d'Arnaud, but now no Zunino is some sort of deal-breaker?
                              I think it was that we wanted d'Arnaud until we threw in Reyes and then we didn't want him anymore.

Comment

• That doesnt make it any sense you incredulous shrew.
                                Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                                Noah Perio
                                Jupiter
                                39 AB
                                15 H
                                0 2B
                                0 3B
                                0 HR
                                0 BB
                                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
                                X