No announcement yet.

Giancarlo: "I Do Not Like This at All”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Marlins have said they don't intend to trade Giancarlo Stanton, but that hasn't stopped teams from trying.

"It would be easier to list who hasn't called," said one person close to the Marlins.

A Stanton trade remains highly unlikely, but there is a price tag. It's sky high, as it should be for a 23-year-old slugger who already has 93 home runs in just 2 1/2 big-league seasons, is under control for four more years and doesn't yet command big money.

So what is that price? From what the Marlins are telling teams, any package would need to begin with three top-level prospects (very top level), and likely would need to include two other players as well.

There's no indication that the Marlins have any motivation to move Stanton, so it's unlikely the price would drop. And that means a Stanton trade almost certainly won't happen.

The Marlins do seem more willing to listen on Ricky Nolasco, although they are insisting they don't need to trade him, either.

For now, they seem much more focused on moving Yunel Escobar.
    Marlins don't plan to trade Stanton, but teams are calling (price is sky-high)

Comment

• Ya one thing that we can't really complain about is the FO rushing guys in the minors. They stick to assignments no matter the age of the guy or the way he is playing. There are a few exceptions but most of the time they take their time.

Plus like Ramp said the longer they can keep him in the minors the cheaper he costs. Loria loves that lol

We might see the guy drafted #1 in the 2013 Draft rushed this year but thats only because we need a 3B tho
      --------------------
      Told u what it would take

Texas-Profar,Perez,Olt,Buckel/Font and prolly Martin
      Seattle-Zunino,Walker,Franklin,Capps,and more

The funniest one I have heard came from KC,they supposedly said something like Moustakas,Meyers,Odriozzi,Hosmer or Butler plus more

They don't wanna trade Stanton unless they have to and as of right now they don't or they get a package so great everyone will say how much the other GM sucks

Nolasco isn't going anywhere either,MLB won't let us salary dump him and teams have no interest in giving up prospects AND paying his salary
      Last edited by tjfla; 12-04-2012, 01:05 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        Ya one thing that we can't really complain about is the FO rushing guys in the minors. They stick to assignments no matter the age of the guy or the way he is playing. There are a few exceptions but most of the time they take their time.

Plus like Ramp said the longer they can keep him in the minors the cheaper he costs. Loria loves that lol

We might see the guy drafted #1 in the 2013 Draft rushed this year but thats only because we need a 3B tho
        --------------------
        Told u what it would take

Texas-Profar,Perez,Olt,Buckel/Font and prolly Martin
        Seattle-Zunino,Walker,Franklin,Capps,and more

The funniest one I have heard came from KC,they supposedly said something like Moustakas,Meyers,Odriozzi,Hosmer or Butler plus more

They don't wanna trade Stanton unless they have to and as of right now they don't or they get a package so great everyone will say how much the other GM sucks

Nolasco isn't going anywhere either,MLB won't let us salary dump him and teams have no interest in giving up prospects AND paying his salary
        Did they offer us this?

Comment

• I read that as the Marlins asking the Royals for that.

Comment

• That was us telling them

Don't expect us to trade him tho!!! Sounds like its just regular GM meeting stuff with Beinfest asking for the world and hoping a team will say Deal

Comment

• Zunino can't be traded yet other than as a player to be named later.
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• He can still be traded though.

Comment

• Yeah, but the Marlins wouldn't get him until July or August.
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                    Yeah, but the Marlins wouldn't get him until July or August.
                    They arent gonna get him anyway,like I said its just Beinfest being nice and telling teams what they want for Stanton

Stanton is not going anywhere unless we offer him an extension and he rejects it AND we aren't gonna do that till least midseason

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                      Have you read Moneyball?
                      Not yet and I didn't see the movie yet either. Hopefully I'll have some time over the holidays. I see if I can get it on my kindle. Has the movie been released as a Blue Ray yet ?
                      --------------------
                      Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                      yea, oaklemine, you should read Moneyball
                      Will do, thanks for the suggestion guys.
                      Last edited by oakelmpine; 12-04-2012, 02:15 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Read the book, the movie won't help you much

Comment

• oakelmpine, you should read fangraphs.com. It provides a better explanation than Moneyball does in terms of what sabermetrics is all about.

The movie, specifically, will teach you a lot of nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                            oakelmpine, you should read fangraphs.com. It provides a better explanation than Moneyball does in terms of what sabermetrics is all about.

The movie, specifically, will teach you a lot of nothing.
                            baby steps... he can't just go right into fangraphs, his head would explode

Comment

• The index of the site gives definitions to what all the #'s mean so I suggest to start there if you plan on reading the site, oakelmpine.

Comment

• It's too bad they got rid of that perk of letting you put your cursor over the stat and it giving you a brief description of what it was.

Comment

Working...
                                X