Giancarlo: "I Do Not Like This at All”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
    Marlins have no reason to rush a player that isn't ready. They wouldn't want to start their arbitration clock early. The Marlins are a perfect team for a young kid to get drafted to. Perfect.
    Okay if you say so....I guess I just look at it from a fans POV and it looks so bleak right now.

Comment

• The Marlins don't rush anyone.

And to say you'll "probably" be re-drafted and get the same amount of money is optimistic. It's just as likely that you won't. Risking that because the Marlins are going to suck for a while would be a mistake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
        They don't, Oakel.
        Then I guess it is just about money. Too bad for baseball in Miami.

Comment

• Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
          But that seems to be what the management is counting on. Unless they just have no interest in winning.
          Management does not believe they will be competing this year, regardless of what they say. It would be very wrong of them to actually believe that. What they can tell the public is another story. Gotta spin stuff somehow.
          --------------------
          Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
          Okay if you say so....I guess I just look at it from a fans POV and it looks so bleak right now.
          It's not that bleak. This year is going to be rough, but they have a loaded farm system right now and will take a big step in 2014 and beyond.
          Last edited by Ramp; 12-04-2012, 10:55 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
            The Marlins don't rush anyone.

And to say you'll "probably" be re-drafted and get the same amount of money is optimistic. It's just as likely that you won't. Risking that because the Marlins are going to suck for a while would be a mistake.
            I thought it was a general concensus that Andrew Miller had been rushed, and that we ruined him.

Also didn't we rush Vargas and then traded him after about a year to the Mets. He seems to have been at least a servicable arm they could have kept.

Comment

• Vargas wasn't rushed. He earned his promotions. And yea, the Marlins traded him for Matt Lindstrom and Henry Owens. Was a pretty good deal at the time.

Andrew Miller was rushed by Detroit. Not by the Marlins.

Comment

I thought it was a general concensus that Andrew Miller had been rushed, and that we ruined him.

Also didn't we rush Vargas and then traded him after about a year to the Mets. He seems to have been at least a servicable arm they could have kept.
                Miller was rushed by Detroit

Comment

• The Miller situation was caused by the stupidity of MLB draft contracts (and particularly Detroit's love of them). Also Detroit rushed him to the majors, not the Marlins as they did with Maybin.

These are now banned as too many players were being rushed as they had to immediately optioned following signing. Hence their 'clock' was started early (though not their arby clock).

Comment

Management does not believe they will be competing this year, regardless of what they say. It would be very wrong of them to actually believe that. What they can tell the public is another story. Gotta spin stuff somehow.
                    --------------------

It's not that bleak. This year is going to be rough, but they have a loaded farm system right now and will take a big step in 2014 and beyond.
                    Okay Ramp, I'll take your word. I know you do know you shit.

I'm just a typical fan and am ignorant of a lot of what you guys talk about, and it gets frustrating sometimes trying to understand a lot of the conversations. I don't understand all the sabermetrics you hear about these days and some of the abbreviations also look like gibberish, but usually things turn out the way you guys predict so I bow to your acumen.

Comment

• Yeah, Miller had a clause in his contract that he had to be called up that September.
                      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Vargas wasn't rushed. He earned his promotions. And yea, the Marlins traded him for Matt Lindstrom and Henry Owens. Was a pretty good deal at the time.

Andrew Miller was rushed by Detroit. Not by the Marlins.
                        Okay I knew I had read it somewhere that he was rushed.
                        --------------------
                        Originally posted by Cambridge View Post
                        The Miller situation was caused by the stupidity of MLB draft contracts (and particularly Detroit's love of them). Also Detroit rushed him to the majors, not the Marlins as they did with Maybin.

These are now banned as too many players were being rushed as they had to immediately optioned following signing. Hence their 'clock' was started early (though not their arby clock).
                        Thanks Cambridge.
                        Last edited by oakelmpine; 12-04-2012, 11:04 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Okay Ramp, I'll take your word. I know you do know you shit.

I'm just a typical fan and am ignorant of a lot of what you guys talk about, and it gets frustrating sometimes trying to understand a lot of the conversations. I don't understand all the sabermetrics you hear about these days and some of the abbreviations also look like gibberish, but usually things turn out the way you guys predict so I bow to your acumen.
                          Have you read Moneyball?

Comment

• yea, oaklemine, you should read Moneyball

Comment

• For what it's worth, I think our current team is better than the 2012 Opening Day Orioles.

Comment

• it's not worth much
                                Originally posted by Madman81
                                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                                X