Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Loria Selling the Club? He Says No. A Source Says Otherwise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Todd View Post
    Rich son of a bitch probably takes pennies from the tray at the gas station.
    He says fuck the tray and goes straight for the jar.

Comment

I hope this talk is true, sell the team or force him out.

Comment

We should make a collection to buy the team. I'm sure it shouldn't cost too much to buy the Marlins nowadays :D

Comment

Loria selling is the only reason to make this trade. Think about it: Hanley, Buck, JJ, Buehrle, Reyes, Bell...all players that Loria personally signed, all gone. The manager he signed is gone. The team has basically no payroll committed past this year, which is bad for ticket sales, but makes it more attractive to a buyer. His stadium will be empty next year as long as he's around. He's in his 70's and has no children interested in keeping the team in the family. He's getting ripped by everyone. This can't be fun for him and he can make a boat-load of money by selling. On the low end, it's what? $600 million? The penalty for selling is relatively minor compared to the huge return on his investment he stands to get from selling. My guess is that by opening day, we'll find out the team is for sale.

Comment

Had lunch with some finance guys today. They suspect Loria is looking to sell by Dec 31, as tax rates on capital gains go through the roof next year.The guesstimate is he will make another $125-150 million selling this year as opposed to Jan. 1, 2013. Shedding contract liabilities to get a better purchase prices. They think some buyer must already be in place as to why all 5 dumped at once in a hurry.

Comment

I eat lunch later in the day so second half of day feels shorter - now you know

Comment

Lou, is it even possible for Loria to sell the team and close the deal by Jan 1 at this point? Doesn't the process usually take a while?

Comment

Jon Heyman @JonHeymanCBS

Loria calls finishing last "unacceptable.'' says, "we have to take a new course." also, he's "absolutely'' not selling team
                  There ya go

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                    Lou, is it even possible for Loria to sell the team and close the deal by Jan 1 at this point? Doesn't the process usually take a while?
                    I would imagine so, but nothing is to say they aren't in negotiations for that for months you know? And part of the reason why Selig is not busting out the best interests of baseball clause to veto is he know something is going down?

Guess we'll see, but if they can net another $125-150 million just based on taxes (which obviously likely won't go down for 4 years with a democratic president) this year as opposed to next, can you see them holding onto the team in that scenario? I do think Loria is a baseball guy at the end of the day, but that's a lot of money (even in addition to that other $450-500 million the team/stadium has appreciated). Makes a lot of sense to me from the bottom line.
                    --------------------
                    Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                    Jon Heyman @JonHeymanCBS

Loria calls finishing last "unacceptable.'' says, "we have to take a new course." also, he's "absolutely'' not selling team There ya go
                    This is unfortunate if true. Baseball is done here until he sells
                    Last edited by lou; 11-14-2012, 11:48 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

This is from a source which will remain unnamed, but he has nailed a few major events:

Loria is selling the team. An unnamed investment bank is currently valuating the team and nothing is imminent.
                      Last edited by Party; 11-14-2012, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
                        This is from a source which will remain unnamed, but he has nailed a few major events:

Loria is selling the team. An unnamed investment bank is currently valuating the team and nothing is imminent.
                        Is this your source?

If true, I am ecstatic for Loria to sell this team already. Take Samson, Beinfest and Hill with you.

Comment

I was rubbing my nipples whilst reading this.

Comment

If this is true I will throw a block party and pay for all of it myself !

Fiesta !
                            --------------------
                            1st request for the new ownership : GET RID OF THE MONSTROSITY !
                            Last edited by oakelmpine; 11-14-2012, 12:20 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Listening to the podcast of the morning show from 790 today and Hochman said that Samson told him that there isn't any provisions in the stadium deal that would make them incur any sort of tax or penalties for selling the team at any point. Not sure if that's true seeing as how the opposite has been mentioned on here.

Comment

It's written into the agreement.

http://www.miamidade.gov/internalser..._agreement.pdf
                                --------------------
                                Last edited by Mainge; 11-14-2012, 12:45 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X