Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Loria Selling the Club? He Says No. A Source Says Otherwise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Loria Selling the Club? He Says No. A Source Says Otherwise.

If you're Loria, in your mid 70s and a baseball team that isn't going anywhere for the next four years doesn't it make sense to cut bait and sell now? The stadium is done and his stamp is forever locked into the stadium. The MLB TV contract is being negotiated now and revenue from that is expected to double. The just Padres sold for $800 million. It's the perfect time to sell a team you're not interested in anymore and make 4 times your initial investment.

Just a thought. I'm trying to be optimistic about this, and this is one of the few ways in which to be optimistic.

I'm hoping they're looking to cash in now and offloading these contracts just makes the franchise that more appealing for an outside investor.

We can only hope.

I always thought Loria would sell once they got the stadium. But I never thought this is how he would go out.

Comment

I thought I remember reading that some kind of contractual penalty kicks in if they sell before ten years of the stadium being open? Loria selling is the only hope.

Comment

Really, Loria selling is the only way I'd remain interested in the long term and not jump ship to Baltimore or Tampa.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Hugg, still like Loria?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Godfather View Post
            I thought I remember reading that some kind of contractual penalty kicks in if they sell before ten years of the stadium being open? Loria selling is the only hope.
            I detailed it here: http://soflamarlins.com/showthread.p...ght=Loria+sell

It's a small fee for selling a team for $600 million+.

Oh! And remember the capital gains and income tax will likely go up for Loria's tax bracket in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
              Hugg, still like Loria?
              yeah, this post was necessary

go suck LeBron's dick

Comment

Glady.

Comment

As I recall, there is some provision in the stadium contract limiting his ability to sell the team within the first years.
                  --------------------
                  Nevermind. I hadn't seen that this was already addressed.
                  Last edited by Flum; 11-13-2012, 07:26 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Most hated figures in South Florida:

1. Fidel
                    2. Chavez
                    3. Loria?

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
                      If you're Loria, in your mid 70s and a baseball team that isn't going anywhere for the next four years doesn't it make sense to cut bait and sell now? The stadium is done and his stamp is forever locked into the stadium. The MLB TV contract is being negotiated now and revenue from that is expected to double. The just Padres sold for $800 million. It's the perfect time to sell a team you're not interested in anymore and make 4 times your initial investment.

Just a thought. I'm trying to be optimistic about this, and this is one of the few ways in which to be optimistic.

I'm hoping they're looking to cash in now and offloading these contracts just makes the franchise that more appealing for an outside investor.

We can only hope.
                      He can't sell for 5 more years without losing a percentage of his sale to the city.

Comment

In five years capital gains taxes will be higher and the MLB TV contract money will not be as attractive.

Comment

Obama fucking did it.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Wow his "penalty" is only roughly $10-12 million if he sells early

Who the fuck did the city hire as attorneys? I need to get in on this

Comment

So if I'm understanding this right, the "penalty" could be just a drop in the bucket?

Comment

Working...
                              X