No announcement yet.

GM Meetings 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't look for Stanton to be available UNLESS he tells the team he won't sign an extension. The reason why Nightengale is saying it is because of the teams fighting over Justin Upton and everyone sees Stanton as alot better than him.

Teams tho have been calling on JJ,Nolasco and Buerhle but no real talks since most of the teams are waiting on the better FA's

Comment

Yessss, they're calling on Nolasco!

I read somewhere that Anthopolous is eager to make a trade for a SP, but I don't think a trade with them fills our void at 3B because I don't think they have an MLB ready 3B prospect (in the case that they want JJ).

I also read yesterday that the Rangers were willing to give up Olt to ATL in order to get Simmons (?) and trade him to AZ for Upton.
      Last edited by Big Z; 11-13-2012, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
        Yessss, they're calling on Nolasco!

I read somewhere that Anthopolous is eager to make a trade for a SP, but I don't think a trade with them fills our void at 3B because I don't think they have an MLB ready 3B prospect (in the case that they want JJ).

I also read yesterday that the Rangers were willing to give up Olt to ATL in order to get Simmons (?) and trade him to AZ for Upton.
        They have been calling on him the problem is they don't wanna give up anything for him.

Well you can always trade JJ to Toronto for something then try to trade that for a 3B just like Texas is trying to do for Upton. They have d'Araund and Nicolino they could trade for JJ(that would satisfy the FO demand of a TOP prospect) then keep both of them or trade d'Araund for something else?

Yep,Arizona wants a ML Ready SS for Upton and Texas won't trade Profar or Andrus yet for him
        Last edited by tjfla; 11-13-2012, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          They have been calling on him the problem is they don't wanna give up anything for him.

Well you can always trade JJ to Toronto for something then try to trade that for a 3B just like Texas is trying to do for Upton. They have d'Araund and Nicolino they could trade for JJ(that would satisfy the FO demand of a TOP prospect) then keep both of them or trade d'Araund for something else?

Yep,Arizona wants a ML Ready SS for Upton and Texas won't trade Profar or Andrus yet for him
          Is Reyes on the block?

Comment

Comment

Don't look for Stanton to be available UNLESS he tells the team he won't sign an extension. The reason why Nightengale is saying it is because of the teams fighting over Justin Upton and everyone sees Stanton as alot better than him.
              I don't even know what that means or how that makes sense.

Justin Upton is available but everyone thinks Stanton is better, therefore Nightengale says Stanton is available?

Oh.

Comment

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale
                @DanielGillman No, Stanton is staying,
                ehe

I like when tj says things will happen unless something else happens and if that happens than this other thing won't happen. He is a master of never actually saying anything. We should ask him more questions. It's like shaking an 8 ball.

Comment

U don't appreciate him

Comment

They have been calling on him [Nolasco] the problem is they don't wanna give up anything for him.
                    Of course not, he's not very good and eating salary should be enough.

Comment

even if Stanton says he will not sign a long term deal, we still have his rights till 2014, he goin nowhere

/notbreakingnewsto97%onhere

Comment

I am the 97%

This place sucks a lot.

Comment

They have Stanton through 2016*

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                            I am the 97%

This place sucks a lot.
                            :-0

Comment