No announcement yet.

GM Meetings 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know its not a big name or even a great option but seems Minnesota has been calling teams about trading Trevor Plouffe for a young ML Ready SP

Dont really think he is that good(Has some power) but could be a cheap stopgap 3B,who can also be another utility guy for us when the 3B we draft is ready in 2015

Comment

Are there rumors of Javy coming back?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
        Sure are and if he decides to come back he could be an option
        --------------------
        Another thing people don't realize is this years draft is pitcher heavy which means at #6 we could get a OF Austin Wilson/3B Kris Bryant/3B Colin Moran.

Any 1 of those guys could be up by Opening Day 2015
        Last edited by tjfla; 11-08-2012, 01:03 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I want us to draft Colin Moran and then I hope he does something dumb so I can post "Get a brain Moran!"
          This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            Sure are and if he decides to come back he could be an option
            --------------------
            Another thing people don't realize is this years draft is pitcher heavy which means at #6 we could get a OF Austin Wilson/3B Kris Bryant/3B Colin Moran.

Austin Wilson is the man. That's a guy I want, he reminds me of Stanton.

Have you heard us linked to any names via free agency or trades?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
              Austin Wilson is the man. That's a guy I want, he reminds me of Stanton.

Have you heard us linked to any names via free agency or trades?
              Nope,I know we wanna lose salary still(JJ,Buck,Nolasco) but most of our stuff will probably be minor signings.The motto for us this year for the GM Meetings-be quiet,lose salary and sign Stanton

The only big noise might be if all the FA SP sign quick and a team makes a trade for JJ.(LAA,Texas,Toronto)

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                Yes. I believe he is pitching in a winter league in Puerto Rico to determine if he is ready to come back.

Comment

Nope,I know we wanna lose salary still(JJ,Buck,Nolasco) but most of our stuff will probably be minor signings.The motto for us this year for the GM Meetings-be quiet,lose salary and sign Stanton

The only big noise might be if all the FA SP sign quick and a team makes a trade for JJ.(LAA,Texas,Toronto)
                  Do you think Nolasco, Buck are here next year given what you've heard?

What are they looking for in a JJ deal? 3B and SP?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                    Do you think Nolasco, Buck are here next year given what you've heard?

What are they looking for in a JJ deal? 3B and SP?
                    I think they will move them if someone will pick up 2/3rds their salary right now, for a non-prospect. If not, organization hopes they are productive and can move them in June for AA relievers/salary relief.

I'm sure ideally they want a 3B for JJ, but at the end of the day if they get another Turner and a good second prospect somewhere at need (2B, 3B, CF, more P in general), that is gonna be hard to pass up. You'd just hope the immediately use JJ's salary and go out and sign Anibal/Marcum/McCarthy/Lohse/E. Jackson for 3 years
                    --------------------

I think that is a pretty aggressive projection of a 2013 draft pick being ready in 1 1/2 years
                    Last edited by lou; 11-08-2012, 01:53 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                      I think they will move them if someone will pick up 2/3rds their salary right now, for a non-prospect. If not, organization hopes they are productive and can move them in June for AA relievers/salary relief.

I'm sure ideally they want a 3B for JJ, but at the end of the day if they get another Turner and a good second prospect somewhere at need (2B, 3B, CF, more P in general), that is gonna be hard to pass up. You'd just hope the immediately use JJ's salary and go out and sign Anibal/Marcum/McCarthy/Lohse/E. Jackson for 3 years
                      --------------------

I think that is a pretty aggressive projection of a 2013 draft pick being ready in 1 1/2 years
                      I haven't looked into the other guys, but Wilson is 20 and playing at Stanford. That guy is going to be a hell of a ball player, so much raw talent.

Comment

I'm just saying, if the Marlins longterm plan is to draft someone to be ready opening day 2015, that is one hell of a projection even for an advanced college guy. Even 2 1/2 years for opening day 2016 would be aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                          I'm just saying, if the Marlins longterm plan is to draft someone to be ready opening day 2015, that is one hell of a projection even for an advanced college guy. Even 2 1/2 years for opening day 2016 would be aggressive.
                          Ya I agree is aggressive u gotta think they sign whoever and that guy is in Jupiter/GBoro by end of year then they spend the whole year in Jax or Jupiter as well as AFL AB's. Thats why I said they want just want a stopgap

Buck/Nolasco can be moved from pretty much we got in the Bell trade,either pay salary or pay some of it and send low prospects back. As for JJ,I hear they still want a Top Prospect but if I was them I would take back a Young arm or 2 and a decent prospect at 2B/3B/CF

I know people are sick of me saying this but a Texas offer of the Marlins choice of 2 arms(Buckel,Font,Loux,Grimm,Luke Jackson,Mendez,Neil Ramirez) and Leury Garcia, I would be all over.The question is tho do the Marlins ask for less and get guys they can use or keep demanding a Top Prospect plus more? That Texas deal I keep saying was talked bout during the Trade Deadline so its not like they havent discussed it.

The problem is a a deal like that Buckel,Grimm/Loux,and Garcia would get us a young 2B/UT guy,a cheap young ML Ready arm to replace JJ and at worse a nice RP arm and help us rebuild.However the FO and Jeff want Mike Olt plus that!!!! One advantage we have tho is if we trade him now rather than to wait is the team that trades for him will get a Comp pick if he doesnt resign
                          --------------------
                          One thing is for sure tho,after the Top 3 arms (Grienke,Anibal,Jackson) sign we will know what teams need a SP. As soon as they sign they will all be calling us to see what we want for JJ and maybe even Nolasco and Buehrle
                          Last edited by tjfla; 11-08-2012, 03:05 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Keep demanding 1 top prospect. JJ will get any team Type A compensation and they will immediately recoup what they sent out, and if they resign him, they got a 1/2 SP and there aren't many of those. I would want one really good (top 20-40 range prospect baseball), one pretty good (top 75-125) range prospect, and a 3rd AA reliever type. I think that is pretty fair for JJ and not going crazy. If a bidding war happens when Greinke, Anibal, Lohse, and Haren sign, cool? I would hope best piece is a 3B, but I could live with a SP/2B as the top two pieces and live with Bonifacio at 3B while the organization prays Cox, Y. Cabrera, and hypothetical 2013 draftee 3B can take over in 2015.

Of course, I would also then like to see them sign a #3 SP for 3 years with some of JJs money and a guy who can hit lefties to help Brantly, but let's not get crazy.

Comment

Problem with the FO seems they always want to live in the future. There is no sense of wanting to win NOW. Looking at and drooling over Austin Wilson is great if you are the Giants, Braves or Yankees, but the Marlins need players that can win now, or it really will be a ghost town in that new stadium.

It's such a shame, and the low attendance will also give MLB just more reasons not to give us the All-Star Game. We're going into our 21st season and still no promise of an All-Star Game.

When do the decisions on the next few games come out ?

Comment

Well, they did try to "win now" in 2012. It just didn't work. They just don't seem interested in doing that again because it would cost them $30 million in free agency salaries (plus not trading JJ), as well as likely sending out 2-4 of their top 10 prospects not named Fernandez or Yelich to acquire another guy or two. They would rather pocket the cash they traded out and hope for cheap options from guys down the road. This season is going to be an attendance disaster of their own making. Way to keep excitement for the park going.

I figure the Marlins get the 2019 all star game. Selig will give it to the Nationals in 2015, and probably Reds in 2017.

Comment

Working...
                                X