GM Meetings 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Meetings 2012

As you may know, the GM meetings have begun today and will take place until November 9, 2012.

It will be interesting to see if any moves are made in respect to JJ, Nolasco, Buck, etc.

I'd also think LoMo could be traded at the right price (Hellickson?)

San Diego seems to be looking for a SP, and they might be able to match up well with us. They have Headley at 3B and Gyorko awaiting in AAA, so they are expendable at the position.

The Rangers are another team in need of SP and it's been heard that Andrus/Profar might be had at the right price. Can Profar be transferred to 3B? Who knows. Some other name that I like in TX are Mike Olt and Leonys Martin.

This should be an interesting GM meetings, although nothing might happen until the winter meetings. However, there are a lot of issues to address and it will be interesting to see how the Marlins attack their weaknesses.
    Last edited by Big Z; 11-07-2012, 07:34 AM.

Why would trading Logan Morrison for a starting pitcher be a good move?

Comment

General Motors is f'd, imported from Detroit my ass.
      There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Indians are open to trading Shin-Soo Choo.

Go get him.

/never gonna happen

Comment

I don't think I need to state my stance on the issue Hugg mentioned.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
            Why would trading Logan Morrison for a starting pitcher be a good move?
            Why not?

Comment

Because we have Josh Johnson, Mark Buehrle, Ricky Nolasco, Jacob Turner, Nathan Eovaldi, Wade LeBlanc, Alex Sanabia and no offense.

Comment

Say JJ stays, Nolasco will probably go and Wade/Sanabs will probably be be in the BP, not the rotation.

That gives us JJ, Buehrle, Turner, Eovaldi and we also have Hand who I assuming will be traded this off season.

Comment

I mean I guess if we can get a Hellickson for him, you do it. I find it hard to believe that's the case though.

The SP I imagine he would net right now isn't worth doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                    I mean I guess if we can get a Hellickson for him, you do it. I find it hard to believe that's the case though.

The SP I imagine he would net right now isn't worth doing.
                    I agree with that.

Comment

I'd be all for it because I don't like him and can't root for him

Comment

I do not see how TB would trade Hellickson for Logan. I mean has anyone watched Logan play baseball the last two seasons. If they are stupid enough to trade Hellickson for Logan I am all for it.

Comment

That's the only thing, I don't think Logan's value would be sufficient to acquire Hellickson. Didn't TB like LoMo last year when there were rumors of talking to them about Shields?

Comment

Logan is worth diddly right now. Worth more to us than he is to another team

Comment

I would like to either see Hand join the rotation or get traded this off season. Way too many walks for my liking though.

Comment

Working...
                              X