No announcement yet.

Marlins Sign Kevin Kouzmanoff to Minor League Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That guy was like the perfect summary of the Marlins fanbase.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
      Yes.

Scenario 1: Matt Dominguez will be your shitty starting 3B next year.

Scenario 2: Kevin Kouzmanoff was just signed to a minor league deal and there is a lot of time left until we find out who our starting 3B will be next year.
      Oh, I agree.

I misunderstood your scenarios.

Comment

I should go see what his reaction was to finding out Dominguez is gone.
        --------------------
        mm21's thread about Kouz was the perfect reaction to the signing. And then this thread popped up hours later
        --------------------
        Connor Edmonds ‏@Connor_Edmonds
        @JCRMarlinsbeat ha my b. he's been so irrelevant that i forgot we got rid of him
        ahehhahehahe perfect
        Last edited by HUGG; 11-04-2012, 07:20 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Huggles, this isn't my thread?
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Also perfect.

Comment

Ohh, I misread it. My bad. Carry on.
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                Huggles, this isn't my thread?
                read my post again and get back to me

Comment

So when am I allowed to be angry at how shitty the organization is. February? Spring training?

Comment

What happened to you?

Comment

• When they do something that matters.
                      poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
                        What happened to you?
                        Complete failure in Marlins leadership after they were gifted a brand new park.

I don't want to say I was an apologist, but I certainly understood their administrative strategy 05-12. They made some well documented mistakes with things like Cabrera, etc., but at the end of the day you could always swing it back to how crappy Joe Robbie was and maybe their bullshit was all payroll motivated and they only acted as they acted because they had legitimate revenue concerns. It always seemed like they had a plan, but they could never get over the last hump as Braman gets the stadium delayed, or whatever.

Then it all changed and they stepped up. They got Reyes, Buerhle and that other guy, and made serious pushes on Pujols and CJ. Amazing first steps at establishing the market. Yea 2012 didn't work, but on paper that looked like a legitimate playoff contending team before the year. That's all you can really ask for. So cool, they traded out over $40 million in payroll obligations and got some young guys to plug into spots with potential. All good. Clearing the cash is great to use it on something else to build around the guys who are good.

Now we see articles saying payroll is coming way down so they are literally going to pocket that money they got off the books and tank a year or two while they wait for Fernandez, Yelich, Conley, and whoever else to maybe develop into core players. Is there any doubt they are going to reinvest that Hanley money now? They are dumping a manager they paid a fuck ton of money (and Jhan Marinez who they could really use in the pen next year) to in the ridiculous owner/baseball people power struggle. Showtime thing was a joke. Second year into the stadium, instead of being confident and building their market and getting the fan base to trust them, they are going to run out a 72 win team starting bench guys (Solano). I mean really?

It's just fucking sad. This was their opportunity to establish baseball, and they just didn't blow it, they are sticking their middle fingers up at everyone while blowing it. I guess I'm late to the party, but I always thought they got it and had a plan and all the bullcrap was because of salary, or youth, or whatever. There was always a reasonable excuse so you could say yea, they had to do that because the money wasn't there. That's just not the case anymore.

Now we see Loria is a confirmed lunatic and the front office is severely handcuffed by it. It wasn't the revenue. It wasn't any of the other excuses over the years. It's them. They are fucking clowns. And I am disappointed.

I'm disappointed at how they ruined what could have hopefully been a resurgence of baseball in Miami, and they somehow made it worse. I'm disappointed at how poorly the team looks depth wise. And I'm disappointed at they seem content to do nothing about it, and presumably just get a few bucks from TV deal and rev sharing (despite the franchise has risen in value hundreds of millions since they got it).

It's just fucking shitty. And It's not just the Kouzmanoff thing. It's just everything, and this random signing is just the perfect example of how they think. That's something they would do in 2009. And yes, I know there are 4 more full months of the offseason, but is anyone confident this isn't writing on the wall for preparing to tank 2013? It's not like Kouzmanoff is in hot demand, but for him to sign this early in the process, there is a 0% chance they didn't tell him he will not have an opportunity to compete for a starting job and as Kouzmanoff should, he is jumping immediately at the opportunity.

I mean, feel free to surprise. Hit Stanton with a 7/$85, extend JJ or sign another SP to have with Buerhle as the veteran core for a few years, make a strong free agent/veteran trade acquisition to shore up CF or 3B longterm. These things don't break their bank. It doesn't even cost Hanley money. All it could do is help. Hell, show Stanton you fucking care so he'll sign that 7/$85. Let him know he's just not signing on for nickel and diming and half his career he has a 2B playing in CF next to him. Get a team on paper that could at least pull an Orioles in a best case scenario even if they are probably a year or two away. Don't make a team who will peak at 78 wins if everything goes right. And especially not one bottom third in payroll with a new stadium.

They really just suck. And I can't apologize/make excuses for them anymore. They really just suck.

Comment

• You acknowledge the fact that we have 4 full months before the season starts, yet your still mad because we began free agency off by signing Kouzmanoff? To a minor league deal?

Comment

• It's nine years of questionable decisions by the front office (albeit with some good decisions in between) boiling up.

The Marlins front office generally makes it hard to want to root for them, as before this year they were constantly trying to pocket their revenue money, and at the first sign of trouble in the team's first season, of what was supposed to be at the very least a two or three year plan, they abandoned ship and traded a shit ton of players.

I think the idea of Donovan Solano, Emilio Bonifacio, Kevin Kouzmanoff and Justin Ruggiano being on your team's starting lineup should piss everybody off.

Comment

• I just find it funny that lou is up in arms, before free agency even gets rolling, about the Marlins being sluggish in what is going to be the weakest free agent market in years. Next year is the free agent market where you want to see your team be a buyer.
                              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                              Noah Perio
                              Jupiter
                              39 AB
                              15 H
                              0 2B
                              0 3B
                              0 HR
                              0 BB
                              .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
                                It's nine years of questionable decisions by the front office (albeit with some good decisions in between) boiling up.

The Marlins front office generally makes it hard to want to root for them, as before this year they were constantly trying to pocket their revenue money, and at the first sign of trouble in the team's first season, of what was supposed to be at the very least a two or three year plan, they abandoned ship and traded a shit ton of players.

I think the idea of Donovan Solano, Emilio Bonifacio, Kevin Kouzmanoff and Justin Ruggiano being on your team's starting lineup should piss everybody off.
                                Where are you getting the idea that they intend to start those players at the same time? The off season just began.

Also, nothing wrong with Ruggiano in a starting lineup.

Comment

Working...
                                X