Managerial Hunt 2012: All Résumés Accepted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Party View Post
    Basically, the front office wants a guy to come in and transform players they've missed on to be decent baseball players....

...or else he's fired. Love our front office!
    Considering most of the players played below (some well below) their career averages, I would say it's not asking too much to want them to play better.

Comment

• Yet, the fact that they have traded away a lot of their under-performers suggests that either (1) the front office didn't think those players could be fixed with better coaching or (2) it's pointless to expect any sort of consistent thinking from them.

Comment

• I vote for #2.

Comment

• Originally posted by beinfest_virus.exe View Post
          oooh ahhh? I mean, the 2003 team included pre-SD Brian Giles, Jason Kendall, Reggie Sanders, young Jason Bay, and young Craig Wilson. The 2004 team included Jason Bay and Craig Wilson in their prime, young Jack Wilson (yeah, he actually hit for a while), Oliver Perez who put up a 2.98 ERA. The 2005 team went 55-81 (.404 WP) under McClendon before he got canned and included Oliver Perez who forgot how to pitch, monster Jason Bay and nothing else. Are we going to credit him for 70-someodd wins out of a mediocre team while faulting the managers after him for doing poorly with awful teams? He won more because his team was better. They won 79 games this year because it's the best team they've had in 10 years.
          Fair enough, but I mean, it's certainly more relevant than what the Tigers hit this year.

He wouldn't be our hitting coach.

Comment

Working...
          X