No announcement yet.

How Will The 2012 Season Be Remembered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Will The 2012 Season Be Remembered?

Found this great thread of yesteryear: http://soflamarlins.com/showthread.php?t=3096

so, what about this year? How will you remember this year? The year of Ozzie? Fire sale #3? New ballpark? Muhammed Ali?
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

I'll remember Opening Night and how great the ballpark is.

Comment

Originally posted by bell_virus.exe View Post
      Found this great thread of yesteryear: http://soflamarlins.com/showthread.php?t=3096

so, what about this year? How will you remember this year? The year of Ozzie? Fire sale #3? New ballpark? Muhammed Ali?
      Badly.
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

People will look at 2012 as the year 10 years of relative mismanagement finally spilled over in a way that put the long term competitiveness of this franchise in doubt. Years of being cheap in the draft have finally caught up. Years of having an abrasive team president failed to deliver the corporate support the team needed in year 1 of a new ballpark. It also confirmed that ownership has no long term vision aside from superficial crap.

Comment

I'll remember it for Heath Bell.

Comment

This is the year we stopped making game threads in July

Comment

As a year that things just didn't work out. That simple, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                This is the year we stopped making game threads in July
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Not fondly.

/thread
                  Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                  Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

THREAD ENDED BY TODD, BOYS

Comment

The year Bryan Petersen had the second worst year ever for a Marlin with 270+ PA (46 OPS+; Alex Gonzalez 40 OPS+ in 407 PA is legendary status). Even Reggie Abercrombie was pushing 60.

And just the cumulative disappointing feeling every of year since 2008. Too much just went wrong. If Nolasco and Volstad pitched better, in the sense of just being average pitchers instead of among the worst ERAs in that time span, we would have been so much better off (If they both put up 4 ERAs from 09-11, that would have been about 100 less runs combined); Not having a catcher for so long in 2008; Not having a 3b in 2009; Miguel Cabrera trade; The John Buck signing; The Heath Bell signing; Buehrle with his 3rd worst ERA+ in his 13 year career; Every shit 5th SP we've brought in (Robertson, Hendricks, Zambrano); The decline from First Ballot HOF to being average of Hanley; The failure of Jeremy Hermida, Logan Morrison, Cameron Maybin, and Andrew Miller of "sure-fire above average players"; Failures of the lesser prospects like Sean West, Ryan Tucker, Matt Dominguez; The Cliff Gaby fell off of; The list just goes on and on.

What positives can we actually take away from the field the past few years? There's break outs of Stanton and JJ (Who have been mired with injuries and - while I'm still a believer - JJ's future is uncertain and was a disappointment for most of this year), Reyes so far, and probably some minor things and that's really about it.

If you're not one of those three players and you've played the field for the florida marlins some point the past 5 years, you've been a disappointment. Yeah, maybe you weren't ALWAYS a disappointment (i.e. Gaby), but at some point you let us down and it HURT.

Say what reasons you want for so many disappointments...fo, owner, random bad luck (Which is what I err towards although there were obvious bombs from fo and ownership), whatever. Fact remains, this past 5 years were mired with what could have been, what should have been. And all the injuries, all the regressions, all the everything of 2012 because yes, it had fucking everything...this year is just the epitome of it can go wrong, it will. That's how it'll be remembered.

Comment

Miami Murphy's Law has a nice ring to it.
                        This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

That's at the Hard Rock.
                          poop

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                            The year Bryan Petersen had the second worst year ever for a Marlin with 270+ PA (46 OPS+; Alex Gonzalez 40 OPS+ in 407 PA is legendary status). Even Reggie Abercrombie was pushing 60.

And just the cumulative disappointing feeling every of year since 2008. Too much just went wrong. If Nolasco and Volstad pitched better, in the sense of just being average pitchers instead of among the worst ERAs in that time span, we would have been so much better off (If they both put up 4 ERAs from 09-11, that would have been about 100 less runs combined); Not having a catcher for so long in 2008; Not having a 3b in 2009; Miguel Cabrera trade; The John Buck signing; The Heath Bell signing; Buehrle with his 3rd worst ERA+ in his 13 year career; Every shit 5th SP we've brought in (Robertson, Hendricks, Zambrano); The decline from First Ballot HOF to being average of Hanley; The failure of Jeremy Hermida, Logan Morrison, Cameron Maybin, and Andrew Miller of "sure-fire above average players"; Failures of the lesser prospects like Sean West, Ryan Tucker, Matt Dominguez; The Cliff Gaby fell off of; The list just goes on and on.

What positives can we actually take away from the field the past few years? There's break outs of Stanton and JJ (Who have been mired with injuries and - while I'm still a believer - JJ's future is uncertain and was a disappointment for most of this year), Reyes so far, and probably some minor things and that's really about it.

If you're not one of those three players and you've played the field for the florida marlins some point the past 5 years, you've been a disappointment. Yeah, maybe you weren't ALWAYS a disappointment (i.e. Gaby), but at some point you let us down and it HURT.

Say what reasons you want for so many disappointments...fo, owner, random bad luck (Which is what I err towards although there were obvious bombs from fo and ownership), whatever. Fact remains, this past 5 years were mired with what could have been, what should have been. And all the injuries, all the regressions, all the everything of 2012 because yes, it had fucking everything...this year is just the epitome of it can go wrong, it will. That's how it'll be remembered.
                            This seems fair.

I tried to think of other players who haven't been disappointments and...well, Steve Cishek, I guess.

Hopefully Turner, Eovaldi, Brantly, Fernandez, Yelich, etc. turn out nice.

Comment

5 years from now, this will pretty much be the only thing I remember:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_J0Hw7Oyj4[/ame]

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...47463&c_id=mlb

Comment

Working...
                              X