Lowell Brushes Off Managerial Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Brushes Off Managerial Talk

Broadcaster Mike Lowell has silenced speculations as soon as they rose regarding his possible appointment as new manager for Miami Marlins.

The horrible 2012 season has disheartened the Marlins’ fans. The officials that are being considered responsible face the danger of losing their job. Current manager Ozzie Guillen, if the rumours are to be considered, is most likely to lose his job.

Guillen has borne the brunt of the criticism ever since the season ended. Most of the experts have questioned his decisions during the season and how they led to the collapse of the team in various matches.

After his remarks about Fidel Castro, Guillen was the most reprehensible figure for the fans. Even some called for his ouster from the club during the season. The extreme public pressure following the Castro episode led the club to announce the imposition of five-game suspension on Guillen.

In short, Guillen is not acceptable to most of the fans from day one. Now as his poor performance has cost the Marlins' team immensely, many believe that the club’s owner Jeffrey Loria does not have any reason to show faith in him and retain Guillen for the next season.

However, there is an underlying concern for Loria, which is about the managers’ turnover in the Marlins. If Loria fires Guillen, he is likely to hand the club the stigma of following hire and fire policy with regard to managers.

Such notions about the club may discourage potential managers to want becoming part of the club.

As far as Lowell is concerned, he does boast credentials for leading the Marlins in the upcoming seasons. Currently he is acting as a broadcaster but if the Marlins approach him there is a bright possibility that he accepts the offer and joins them.

"That's something that might intrigue me in the future,'' said Lowell."I like being on the field more than in an office -- but it's just not something I'm ready to do at this point. The time commitment for a manager is greater than it is for a player, which is something people don't realize. The time isn't something I'm willing to give up right now.''

As the days progress, it will be interesting to see as to how the Marlins treat Guillen.
    http://blogs.bettor.com/Mike-Lowell-...B-News-a193411
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

That's got to be one of the worst articles that I have ever read

Comment

Aheahahehaahehh I read part of it - ramp is right

Comment

It's a blog so it's not surprising it's written that way. It was pretty bad.
        Also, when did Mike Lowell become a broadcaster?

Comment

I think the author got his info from Lowell's weekly segment on the Lebatard show.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
            It's a blog so it's not surprising it's written that way. It was pretty bad.
            Also, when did Mike Lowell become a broadcaster?
            He's been working at/on the MLB Network for at least this past season.

Comment

Working...
            X