No announcement yet.

Marlins Fire Ozzie Guillen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beinfest was on 790 this morning and it sure didn't seem like he is still on the hot seat. I know that it still doesn't mean it won't happen but seems rather unlikely.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
      Beinfest was on 790 this morning and it sure didn't seem like he is still on the hot seat. I know that it still doesn't mean it won't happen but seems rather unlikely.
      I didn't hear it, but how do you want Beinfest to act? Until otherwise, he's got his job, no?

Also, I'm with Hugg in the liking Loria department.

Comment

• I have no idea how they are going to sell tickets next year

Comment

• Marlins have received permission to speak to Redmond

The Miami Marlins, quickly moving on from the Ozzie Guillen era, have requested and received permission to intreview Blue Jays minor-league manager Mike Redmond, sources say.

Redmond, a Marlins catcher from 1998-2004, appears to be an early favorite to replace Guillen, who was dismissed Tuesday after one year. Joe Fisaro of MLB.com called Redmond "a strong frontrunner."

The Marlins appear to be focused on young candidates after the Guillen reign failed spectacularly. Ex-Marlins star Mike Lowell, who was expected to draw interest from the Marlins, told CBSSports.com earlier this month that he isn't interested at this point.

Redmond, 41, draws raves from his former bosses. "He is going to be really good. He's a former catcher who was paying attention," one major-league executive said. The one question regarding the Class A Dunedin manager is a lack of experience managing above that level. Dunedin is a "high" A club but far from the big leagues, obviously.
          http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jo...eplace-guillen

ehe intreview

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
            I didn't hear it, but how do you want Beinfest to act? Until otherwise, he's got his job, no?

Also, I'm with Hugg in the liking Loria department.
            I wasn't asking Beinfest to come out and say "I'm probably going to get axed next." My comment was focusing on how he discussed things this morning about them making evaluations to their player development and other departments. I know he isn't going to give much information to begin with in that interview but some still think he could get fired soon and judging by the interview it seemed like he may have been reassured that he wasn't going anymore.

I'm done with Loria. I don't get how anyone could view his actions as anything but detrimental to the health of the franchise. It's one thing to be a high spending owner and want to be a big part of personnel decisions but it's another to be limited in funding and then undermine the people that are suppose to make decisions for your baseball team. You can give me the whole shtick about how it's his team and his money but he clearly doesn't have knowledge of what the hell he is doing and is going to continue to drive this franchise in the ground if he keeps on pushing his personal agenda on management.

Comment

• It's to bad Tom Glavine isn't still around so he could hit off of him too
              --------------------
              Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
              I wasn't asking Beinfest to come out and say "I'm probably going to get axed next." My comment was focusing on how he discussed things this morning about them making evaluations to their player development and other departments. I know he isn't going to give much information to begin with in that interview but some still think he could get fired soon and judging by the interview it seemed like he may have been reassured that he wasn't going anymore.

I'm done with Loria. I don't get how anyone could view his actions as anything but detrimental to the health of the franchise. It's one thing to be a high spending owner and want to be a big part of personnel decisions but it's another to be limited in funding and then undermine the people that are suppose to make decisions for your baseball team. You can give me the whole shtick about how it's his team and his money but he clearly doesn't have knowledge of what the hell he is doing and is going to continue to drive this franchise in the ground if he keeps on pushing his personal agenda on management.
              Just to play devils advocate and I don't necessarily believe this, but could this be Loria "acknowledging" the mistakes and letting the baseball people do what they want

-they wanted to move hanley early 11, loria said no, he let them
              -he let them trade his signing Bell and ate $8 million
              -he let them fire Ozzie, whom front office didn't want and ate $7.5

I mean yea, I think it's more loria-tantrum induced knee jerk, but is there no possibility this is Loria admitting mistakes and scorching earth of everything the baseball guys don't want? Maybe?

But yea. I think I'm done with him as owner unless he pulls a 180 and lets the baseball guys do their thing. Starting with a Stanton buyout.
              Last edited by lou; 10-24-2012, 09:00 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I am not sure there is anything to like about Jeffrey Loria.
                Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                Noah Perio
                Jupiter
                39 AB
                15 H
                0 2B
                0 3B
                0 HR
                0 BB
                .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                  It's to bad Tom Glavine isn't still around so he could hit off of him too
                  --------------------

Just to play devils advocate and I don't necessarily believe this, but could this be Loria "acknowledging" the mistakes and letting the baseball people do what they want

-they wanted to move hanley early 11, loria said no, he let them
                  -he let them trade his signing Bell and ate $8 million
                  -he let them fire Ozzie, whom front office didn't want and ate $7.5

I mean yea, I think it's more loria-tantrum induced knee jerk, but is there no possibility this is Loria admitting mistakes and scorching earth of everything the baseball guys don't want? Maybe?

But yea. I think I'm done with him as owner unless he pulls a 180 and lets the baseball guys do their thing. Starting with a Stanton buyout.
                  I was behind Loria in wanting to hold onto Hanley so I wasn't upset with that but your other two examples are exactly what puts the people that are designated to run baseball operations in a bad position. He only allowed them to do those things because the original decision wasn't a good one to begin with and it showed as time went on.

Comment

• That wasn't what I meant. Yes, Loria created the problem and put the front office in a terrible position. Unarguable.

But can we take him allowing the Hanley, Bell, and Ozzie dumps as an end of episode full house "he learned something" moment and is allowing them to clean house with shit they don't want on the team so they can start fresh from a baseball perspective?

Like I said, I don't really believe that just playing devils advocate. I think Loria is having a tantrum and looking for scapegoats. But maybe he learned something?

Comment

• 5 managers since 2010

yeah, that makes players and coaches want to come here
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Brandon Hyde?
                        poop

Comment

• Originally posted by beinfest_virus.exe View Post
                          5 managers since 2010

yeah, that makes players and coaches want to come here
                          What coach/manager has turned down a chance at the Marlins so far? And the Marlins have fired their managers because they aren't winning. That doesn't seem like a bad thing.

Comment

• Didn't Bobby V turn them down? I seem to remember people doing the "Mickey Mouse organization" thing when he did because he was all angries.
                            poop

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                              I'm done with Loria.
                              What does this mean?
                              --------------------
                              Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                              Didn't Bobby V turn them down? I seem to remember people doing the "Mickey Mouse organization" thing when he did because he was all angries.
                              Nah, he was mad because he fell out of the running and the FO didn't tell him.
                              Last edited by Mainge; 10-24-2012, 12:00 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                                Brandon Hyde?
                                are we really going to count him and Cookie Rojas?
                                Originally posted by Madman81
                                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                                X