No announcement yet.

Marlins Fire Ozzie Guillen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People are annoyed that the team sucked because our GM sucks, but the FO decided it was time to change managers for the eleventieth time instead of thinking the problem might have been the GM putting together shitty teams. Apparently, I'm not supposed to complain though because this ownership won a championship last time they made the playoffs in the year before Facebook was launched.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• I have no problem with complaining, complain away.

It's the "I'm done" people who are the worst.

Comment

• ehe
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Juan C. Rodriguez ‏@JCRMarlinsbeat
          #Marlins hitting coach Eduardo Perez and pitching coach Randy St. Claire have been told they are free to pursue other opportunities.

Comment

• @DKnobler
            How dysfunctional are the Marlins? Heard today that Ozzie wasn't even told about the Infante/Sanchez trade until after it was done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewford View Post
              People are annoyed that the team sucked because our GM sucks, but the FO decided it was time to change managers for the eleventieth time instead of thinking the problem might have been the GM putting together shitty teams. Apparently, I'm not supposed to complain though because this ownership won a championship last time they made the playoffs in the year before Facebook was launched.
              I'm starting to think the GM isn't fired because it doesn't matter who the GM is; the owner is making all the moves, anyway.

Comment

• Jose Canseco petitioning for the job:

Jose Canseco @JoseCanseco
                What better way to sympathesoze with ozzies comments on cubans than to hire a real Cuban

Jeffrey loria give me a call or my agent. Let's talk

I'm still one of the best players to ever play the game and one of the best physical specimens to ever walk the earth.
                lol

Comment

• OH MY GOD, THAT WOULD BE PERFECT! JOSE CANSECO!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• "Sympa the Soze"? Any relation to Keyser Sƶze?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMendozaLine View Post
                      @DKnobler
                      They aired this on The Franchise and that's not what happened.
                      Why would a manager's opinion matter, anyway?

Comment

• I'm not quite the apologist that Hugg is but, yeah, the "if this or that I'm done" crowd needs to take a deep breath and relax. Let's see where they go with this.

With that said, it's very evident that Ozzie was "Loria's guy" and now the spoiled brat didn't get the results he wanted in the time frame he wanted and SOMEONE HAD TO PAY LOLZ. Ozzie clearly had very little to do with this total disaster of a season yet now only a year in, he has to go and they get to pay him a bunch of cash.

I was really happy with the Heath Bell move and to be honest I was very surprised that they canned Ozzie one year in. I don't like Ozzie but I think it's very dumb considering the amount of money he is owed.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMendozaLine View Post
                          @DKnobler
                          Isn't that how it's usually done?
                          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Jose can be the weights coach

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewford View Post
                              People are annoyed that the team sucked because our GM sucks, but the FO decided it was time to change managers for the eleventieth time instead of thinking the problem might have been the GM putting together shitty teams. Apparently, I'm not supposed to complain though because this ownership won a championship last time they made the playoffs in the year before Facebook was launched.
                              There's nothing wrong with complaining.

What Hugg is saying is that there are some people who act like the Marlins are the worst franchise in Major League Baseball when, in all actuality, they are far from it.

The graph shows that the Marlins have actually been slightly ABOVE average during that time span (14th out of 30).

It could be worse. A lot worse, actually.

Comment

• Change the list to longest playoff drought. Looks a lot different.

Comment

Working...
                                X