Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heath Bell Can't Keep His Mouth Shut (Re: Ozzie)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heath Bell Can't Keep His Mouth Shut (Re: Ozzie)

Miami Marlins reliever Heath Bell was critical of Ozzie Guillen during a radio interview Monday, hinting that he does not respect the Miami Marlins' opinionated manager.

Bell, who was removed from the closer role after struggling earlier this season, made the comments on "The Dan Sileo Show" on 560 WQAM in Miami.

"It's hard to respect a guy that doesn't tell you the truth or doesn't tell you face to face," Bell said. "There's probably reasons why."

Bell has a 5.19 ERA and has converted just 19-of-26 save opportunities this season, his first since signing a three-year, $27 million contract with the Marlins.

The 34-year-old Bell has posted a 3.12 ERA since the demotion from the closer role but claimed that Guillen has not given him the opportunity to reclaim the job.

"I stunk in April, plain and simple," Bell said. "I said I stunk, I worked hard, I busted my butt. I think I've had a tremendous second half. I'm not closing -- I know that. But I just kept my mouth shut because I want to regain what I had, and I feel like I can't do that."

Bell initially declined to comment directly about Guillen during Monday's interview, stating only that, "it's been an interesting year with Ozzie."

But although he did not state Guillen's name, Bell eventually offered harsh criticism, presumably directed at the mercurial manager.

"It's just one of those things that -- what you see is what you get," Bell said. "I'm not going to be two-faced. I'm not going to sneak around your back and say this and that."

Bell's comments came one day after Guillen told Fox Sports Florida that he defends his decision to replace Bell with Steve Cishek. But Guillen also told the web site that Bell would be given the opportunity to close again in 2013.

Guillen also made headlines last Friday when he made public comments that reportedly angered Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria.

"If Jeffrey doesn't think I'm doing the job I should do ... it's not the first time he's fired a manager," Guillen told reporters Friday in New York. "Look yourself in the mirror and ask why so many (expletive) managers come through here."

The last-place Marlins own a 66-87 record in Guillen's first season with the franchise. Bell would not say whether he wanted Guillen to return for 2013.

"We need a guy that leads us that everybody respects and looks up to," Bell said. "That's what we need."
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/84...-ozzie-guillen

I haven't had much of an issue with him talking for most of the year. But enough is enough. Dude needs to shut the fuck up.

Ozzie should give Bell another shot to close,then when he blows his 1st chance he can tell him to "SHUT UP"

Instead of talking about closing,he should be saying he wants out of Miami. It is a Win-Win,he gets out of Miami and we get rid of his contract

Comment

What a turd.

Comment

This fucking guy

Comment

Heath noun \ˈhēth\
          1 a : a tract of wasteland

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            Instead of talking about closing,he should be saying he wants out of Miami. It is a Win-Win,he gets out of Miami and we get rid of his contract
            Yeah, I hope he says that. Cause we have so much trade leverage already.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
              Yeah, I hope he says that. Cause we have so much trade leverage already.
              The point being is we don't have any as it is. If he comes out and says I want out of Miami and causes issues maybe some Cali team will step up and say we will take his contract just like LA did with Hanley

Do u honestly think that if San Francisco called and said we will give u a 23yr old Rookie League arm for Heath,we would not take that deal in a second??

The only thing worse right now than Heath Bell's trade value is his contract!!!

Comment

Maybe Ozzie doesn't respect his suckiness. He's tired.
                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

The point being is we don't have any as it is. If he comes out and says I want out of Miami and causes issues maybe some Cali team will step up and say we will take his contract just like LA did with Hanley

Do u honestly think that if San Francisco called and said we will give u a 23yr old Rookie League arm for Heath,we would not take that deal in a second??

The only thing worse right now than Heath Bell's trade value is his contract!!!
                  OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!?!?!?!?!?!

WHY WOULD HIM SAYING HE WANTS OUT MAKE ANOTHER TEAM WANT HIM MORE?

HOLY FUCK
                  --------------------
                  Him saying he wants out means now we need to get rid of him even more.

So, yeah, people are gonna pay more.

THAT'S HOW IT WORKS. GREAT INSIDE INFO.

FUCKING HELL
                  --------------------
                  It's like you tried to think of the most incorrect way to analyze the situation.
                  Last edited by HUGG; 09-24-2012, 03:14 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Hugg, calm down
                    --------------------
                    but yeah. get rid of Heath
                    Last edited by emkayseven; 09-24-2012, 03:58 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

He has been better than Cishek since the All-Star break, though. Things.
                      poop

Comment

July: 12 IP, 0-2, 4.50 ERA, 1.33 WHIP
                        August: 10.1 IP, 0-0, 6.97 ERA, 2.03 WHIP
                        September: 9 IP, 0-0, 1.00 ERA, 0.67 WHIP

tremendous second half, you guys
                        --------------------
                        he's pitched some beautiful games
                        --------------------
                        Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                        He has been better than Cishek since the All-Star break, though. Things.
                        Cishek:

July: 11.1 IP, 0.00 ERA, 0.71 WHIP
                        August: 10 IP, 2.70 ERA, 1.10 WHIP
                        September: 6.1 IP, 9.95 ERA, 2.37 WHIP (and a .550 BABIP!)

So, no, he hasn't. He has been better than Cishek in the month of September, though.
                        Last edited by emkayseven; 09-24-2012, 04:38 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

September counts, right? Like, we're not doing things, are we? His overall second-half performance has been better than Cishek's.
                          --------------------
                          Also, after the All-Star break, in July, Bell posted a 0.00 ERA in 6 2/3 innings.
                          --------------------
                          I have zero interest in arguing about this. But I didn't say something factually incorrect.
                          Last edited by Bobbob1313; 09-24-2012, 04:43 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                          poop

Comment

We should give him to the Hanhwa Eagles in the KBO for literally nothing and pay his contract for them. They're the worst team in Korea and they play in a shitty city relatively in the middle of nowhere. Then when he tries to complain about stuff in the media, they'll just be all like "oh, is the kimchi too spicey?"
                            --------------------
                            Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                            I have zero interest in arguing about this.
                            September 25, 2012, never forget.
                            Last edited by Chewford; 09-24-2012, 06:57 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Ozzie should give Bell another shot to close,then when he blows his 1st chance he can tell him to "SHUT UP"
                              I think he kinda already did that recently when Cishek worked a few games in a row. Bell came in to close and blew it.

Comment

Working...
                              X