• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: NBC Sports Reporting Marlins Planning on Firing Larry Beinfest

Per Dan LeBatard show

Cool.
    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Hopefully he'll be replaced by Pubes Beinfest.

Comment

yay?

Comment

Here's the pertinent excerpt from Bob Nightengale's USA Today article, which NBC Sports referenced in its report:

The Marlins are planning to fire president and team architect Larry Beinfest, perhaps as soon as next week, according to two high-ranking executives with knowledge of the move but not permitted to speak publicly because the final decision will be made by owner Jeffrey Loria.

Beinfest would be replaced by Dan Jennings, the Marlins assistant general manager and vice president of player personnel.
          http://www.usatoday.com/sports/mlb/c...pay/57809660/1

Comment

So pointless replacing him with Jennings. Did anyone hear Tim Kirkjian on Lebatard? I caught the end where he said ____ 'would be the perfect fit for that job'. Who was he talking about??

Comment

Jennings and Beinfest reportedly don't share the same opinion on a lot of things so it could be different.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Godfather View Post
                So pointless replacing him with Jennings. Did anyone hear Tim Kirkjian on Lebatard? I caught the end where he said ____ 'would be the perfect fit for that job'. Who was he talking about??
                Jennings

Comment

If Beinfest goes, Hill has to go too, no?

Comment

Yes, I would think so. I guess Loria couldn't ignore the millions of dollars in revenue the team lost out on this season without firing someone.

This is three seasons in the making. Really interested to see how Stanton is handled this offseason.

Comment

I fully expect to not even be able to tell Beinfest is gone.

Hope I'm wrong.

Not that I'm even on the fire him wagon, but if they do and nothing changes...giant ehe

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                        Jennings and Beinfest reportedly don't share the same opinion on a lot of things so it could be different.
                        They are really not that different. Both listen to Loria and Both think they are the GM

Jennings is more about the minors while Beinfest was more "Hey Mike,Did you know both of our Class A Teams made the playoffs?" Jennings is more of a scouting,watching,evaluating type than Beinfest was ever was

Other than that tho,we will not see a change at all

Comment

What you just said makes them sound completely different

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                            What you just said makes them sound completely different
                            Ha. Exactly what I thought.

Comment

I do want him gone, but I'm with Hugg. This doesn't have the makings of an organizational shift.
                              God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                              - Daft

Comment

Working...
                              X