Adjustments to Marlins Park Going Forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustments to Marlins Park Going Forward

First off, I'll preface this thread by saying Marlins Park is beautiful and they got most of it right. We really have something that sets itself apart from other parks in the league and represents the area well. However, there are still a few things that should be addressed in future to make it a better place to enjoy a game. I've been extremely turned off about the Marlins since June and after not going to a game in three weeks, I remembered why I love going.

Drink Rails

I went to the game on Friday and noticed drink rails are being installed behind the last row of seats in the lower deck. My first thought was that this was something that should have been in from day one. But at least it is something that will be there in the future.

The Roof

There was the threat of rain, but last night would have been a great night to have some combination of the roof and windows opened. When the roof was opened for fireworks, I went to the upper deck and a great breeze was coming off the ocean.

I understand the lure of a constant 75 degree to some, but it's still baseball and the ballpark is a much more inviting place when the roof is open. (FYI: sitting in the last row of the upper deck when the roof is opening is cool. You can see some of the skyline.) Maybe not for Saturday night games, because it is obvious in how some come to the ballpark that they have postgame plans, but weeknight games would be optimal.

The Green

There is too much green in the outfield and it clashes with the black batter's eye. I'd like to see something done with the out-of-play areas.

The Grass

Something needs to be done about the turf. It started looking better in July, but has taken a nosedive since then.

The Banners

They still suck!

The home team playing in the park kinda sucks too so I'm hoping they change that, as well.

Comment

GOT HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM
      poop

Comment

Bobbob, I LOL'd hard at that you hipster twatwaffle.

Comment

Well.
          poop

Comment

I think it was the all caps. I don't know. It just worked.

The "hipster twat waffle" comment was just tough love.

Comment

I have impeccable comedic timing.
              poop

Comment

I also agree that the roof and window should be opened more often. I enjoy having a roof, but it should only be used when needed, and that is not every night.

Another thing, I think they should use the orange helmets maybe with the black tops, during the season. I think it looked nice the one day they used it during spring training.

Comment

I don't understand why they don't wear the orange caps with the home whites more often. That is the sexiest uniform combo.

Comment

Go figure the one day the roof is open it starts raining in the 5th.

Comment

Festa...

Are drink rails like bar tops/table tops behind the sections on the concourse where folks can stand and watch the game?

Comment

Si.

(Yes.)

Comment

네.

(Ja.)
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Working...
                          X