Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozzie, Buster Olney: Shots Fired

This could be fun:

So apparently Buster wrote an ESPN (insider only) article about Ozzie. I don't know exactly what he said. It wasn't good because Ozzie tweeted this tonight:

Ozzie Guillen ‏@OzzieGuillen
    buster olney u so full a shit whit u stupid comments about the miami team we still play hard we yes no win games i think u no watch.
    and

Ozzie Guillen ‏@OzzieGuillen
    i think u no watch our games if u say iam bad manager is ok but u ever say my team give up
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Really short article by Buster, never really accused the players of not playing hard, just said that while Ozzie will likely be back next year, it sounds like management is going to review all parts of the franchise (manager included) to see if changes need to be made next year.

Also made a bit of a ridiculous statement saying average attendance is 9,000 below what the Marlins were projecting and seemed to lay a lot of the blame on Guillen's Castro comments from earlier in the year. I don't see those comments making a difference of 9,000 people per night.

Comment

Yeah. I think the lack of attendance has much more to do with us sucking rather than Ozzie's comments on Castro.

Comment

Ozzie Guillen has become a joke. I'm sure he, himself, has said something to this extent before, but what he does is only funny when he wins. When he loses, no one cares about the fact that there are monkeys who can construct a better sentence than him.

At least he's still making his money, though.

Comment

Pretty harsh for a guy writing in his second language on twitter of all places.

Comment

It seems like he does it on purpose to get attention. He's also written some things in Spanish in the past that made no sense.

Comment

I think Ozzie isn't all that funny, whether his team is winning or losing.

Comment

I agree with Beef

Ozzie was really funny once or twice on The Franchise (especially when he basically told Samson to go fuck himself) but other than that he is the opposite of funny.

Comment

Olney's speculation in the article is that the front office is concerned the Castro comments have hurt attendance.

If there are people who really believe this, the Marlins front office has not learned anything in the 10 years they have been selling baseball to this market. If they missed their attendance targets by 9,000 per game everyone in the marketing department should be reevaluated. Even after the Heat ended their run, the Marlins were coming off a hot May and attendance was still at April and early May levels.

The market has something to do with that, but come on 9,000 people?

Comment

I thought all of the projections publicly were like 2.3 million fans expected?

By my count, they're on pace to miss that by roughly 1k per game.
                    poop

Comment

I remember 32,000 to 34,000 a game.
                      --------------------
                      2.3 million would have been the worst first year for a new ballpark since the Metrodome opened. I don't think it was that low.
                      Last edited by Party; 09-16-2012, 06:57 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                      X