Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The powerful triumvirate came into the season with massive expectations and record-setting payrolls, but a hefty price will soon be paid for the organizations’ failures.

The Miami Marlins, Los Angeles Angels and Detroit Tigers spent $735 million in free agent acquisitions last winter in hopes of securing postseason berths, but unless the Angels and Tigers pull off comebacks these final two weeks, all three teams will be sitting home for the winter, prompting dismissals.

The Marlins, according to two high-ranking executives but not permitted to speak publicly because the final decision will be made by owner Jeffrey Loria, are planning to fire Larry Beinfest, vice president/baseball operations, perhaps as early as next week. He is expected to be replaced by Dan Jennings, the Marlins’ assistant general manager and vice president of player personnel.

“When you sign up for this job and you don’t win,” Beinfest told Miami radio station 790 last week, “you know you can be in the cross hairs and lose your job. That’s just the way it is.”

Loria won’t publicly address Beinfest’s future, or other high-ranking front-office personnel, but the two high-ranking Marlins’ executives say that they would be stunned if Beinfest is the only change.

“At this moment,” Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen said Tuesday, “everybody in the organization ought to be up in the air.”

While Guillen, in the first year of a four-year, $10 million deal, is expected to keep his job, other managers expected to be fired are Bobby Valentine of the Boston Red Sox and Manny Acta of the Cleveland Indians. Toronto Blue Jays manager John Farrell is the favorite to replace Valentine, if he’s let out of his contract, and Cleveland bench coach Sandy Alomar Jr. will be given strong consideration to supplant Acta.
    http://tucsoncitizen.com/usa-today-s...-they-may-pay/
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Party is going to have a festa.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• I will join if they fire Eduardo as well
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• Fire Ozzie, Beinfest, Perez, St.Claire (I want Wiley).

Replace:

Ozzie with... Andre Dawson

Beinfest with Jennings

Perez with Conine/Lowell

St. Claire with Wiley

Comment

• yeah the solution to our woes is to fire a manager and hitting coach and replace them with former players who have never coached or managed at any level

Comment

• Originally posted by bell_virus.exe View Post
              yeah the solution to our woes is to fire a manager and hitting coach and replace them with former players who have never coached or managed at any level
              I don't recall Eddie Perez having any experience doing this before last year..

And I think in the sense of manager, you should get someone who is respected by everyone in the clubhouse and the Hawk is that guy.

Look, a manager who doesn't have control of his clubhouse is not a good manager. You MUST have your team respect you at all times. How the hell do you have guys chilling in the clubhouse while the game is going on? Get the fuck out of the clubhouse and root your guys on til the last out.
              Last edited by Big Z; 09-20-2012, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                I don't recall Eddie Perez having any experience doing this before last year..

And I think in the sense of manager, you should get someone who is respected by everyone in the clubhouse and the Hawk is that guy.

Look, a manager who doesn't have control of his clubhouse is not a good manager. You MUST have your team respect you at all times. How the hell do you have guys chilling in the clubhouse while the game is going on? Get the fuck out of the clubhouse and root your guys on til the last out.
                This is the norm.

Also, you made is Mike Lowell/Jeff Conine point for him.

Comment

• Eduardo had no experience before last year and that's my beef with him. So why would you replace a guy who had no experience and sucked with another guy with no experience?
                  --------------------
                  Also is there any evidence of Ozzie not being respected by everybody? I haven't heard any Miceli/Boles issues with regards to Ozzie.

And on the other side of the coin, is there any evidence that Dawson IS respected by everybody? I mean, how many times did we hear that he was trying to work with Hanley and he still never got him to come around.
                  Last edited by emkayseven; 09-20-2012, 08:52 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I can't wait til Loria fires Ozzie and hires Wes Helms

Comment

• As has been said already, I don't think firing Ozzie solves anything. It's not his fault that Bell shit the bed, that Hanley's shoulder is preventing him from being an elite player anymore, that Johnson entered the season full of rust, that Reyes took 15 years to start being productive, that Stanton went down with the knee injury, etc.

This season falls almost exclusively on the shoulders of the players. I'm not saying Ozzie is entirely exempt from blame, but come on. Just about nothing went right for this team this year, and it's silly to make him the scapegoat for that.

Comment

• Would you guys trade JJ to fill in some spots (CF or 3B and #4/5 starter) for the next 5 years and sign Greinke with JJ's $?

Comment

• Isn't Zack Greinke going to make alot of money in free agency?
                          --------------------
                          Edit:, Greinke mad $13.75mil this year. That is what JJ is making next year.
                          Last edited by Ramp; 09-20-2012, 10:18 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• no reason to replace JJ with Greinke. I'd move JJ if and only if you can get club controlled near-ready/ready prospects at positions of need

Comment

• You fill in holes with your current guy (JJ) and still have an ace (Greinke).

Comment

• Not sure I'd consider Greinke an ace.

Comment

Working...
                                X