Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAR was the reason some people here said Nolasco was "good"..

Comment

• Not really.
      poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Valid View Post
        I think the stats I posted about Upton signify a rapidly declining player who is going to get drastically overpaid this offseason.
        That's cool, and I don't disagree he might get overpaid, but I think he just is who he is and he will be about the same until his speed gives way some year in his 30s. If the price is right, don't think its a bad move. That's it. Between him, Pagan, Hamilton, Victorino, Bourn, even Melky, I just see a lot of guys looking for big money and some of them will end up as being deals.

I'd like to add post 2013, top 5 names: Ellsbury, C. Gomez, Crisp, C. Young, and I guess F. Guitterez. But for Ellsbury who I can't imagine they don't resign, this is the offseason to grab the CF. Much better names. No one is going to be there for 2014 if that is "the plan."

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
          WAR was the reason some people here said Nolasco was "good"..
          Nope.
          Last edited by Mainge; 09-19-2012, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
            Nope.
            It was either that or that he was not overpaid based on his WAR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
              Fuck you, Jeff Green eats babies.
              There is absolutely no evidence of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                It was either that or that he was not overpaid based on his WAR.
                I think it was he always underperformed based on FIP and was bound to average out. But he never did.

Comment

• President of Baseball Operations Larry Beinfest joined the Hochman and Zaslow Show on 790 AM/104.3 FM The Ticket Wednesday morning and responded to reports the Marlins were dissatisfied with the job manager Ozzie Guillen has done. An annonymous team official in the Miami Herald said Guillen didn’t get the most out of players like Hanley Ramirez, Heath Bell and John Buck. A CBS Sports report said Guillen returning, even though he has three years left on his contract, is no sure thing.

Beinfest doesn’t think Guillen is the sole reason for this miserable year. Everybody had a role, from owner Jeffrey Loria to team president David Samson on down.

“It’s easy to say, ‘Well Ozzie didn’t do this, Larry didn’t do that and Jeffrey didn’t do this and David did that,’” Beinfest said. “I think it’s real easy to do a lot of that right now, but it’s all of us. If Hanley didn’t perform, you know what? I was part of the negotiating team that gave him the long-term contract. I was part of the decision-making team that kept him here and wanted him to perform. Gave him to Ozzie and Joey Cora to work on his fielding at third base.

“All those things. It’s everybody. To say, ‘Well, this didn’t happen because of him’ or ‘This didn’t happen because of him’ I think is really tough to do right now. When you hear these things out there, the whole organization is under review and the whole organization is responsible for what’s happened. I believe that. Ultimately, it’s up to Jeffrey to decide if he wants to make changes and say this component of my decision-making team or this component of my field team or whatever it is isn’t up to snuff, that’s obviously his decision. To lay it all on Ozzie, and say you know what, Ozzie gets the blame just as much as I do, that’s just the way it is right now, but everybody has to kind of wear this one.”

Beinfest also addressed what has become a hot button issue: The Marlins Park dimensions.

“I think there is too big a deal being made because the walls are the walls and if you let it affect you in any way, and I’m not speaking specifically about our players, that’s not productive,” he said. “You have to deal with it. Use it to your advantage. Hit the balls in the gaps. If you had a pitcher on the other end of the line and asked if the big walls or if the dimensions were a problem he’d probably say no. We’re on it. We’re taking a look at it. We have a a lot of different statistics. We have a lot of different things we’re looking at how the park plays versus the rest of the league and we’re going to evaluate it.

“We haven’t even been through a full year. The roof’s open. The roof’s closed. It’s windy. It’s humid. It’s this. It’s that. I’m not sure we have enough data to say it’s this or that. Is it spacious? Absolutely. It can be an advantage. Both teams are playing in the park. I hate for this to get in anybody’s head or use this as an excuse. That just doesn’t fly because somehow other teams are finding a way to win in our park and are hitting home runs.”
                  http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...-to-blame.html

I love how everyone NOT doing something is to blame, but Samson DOING something is the problem according to his stats.
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• What?
                    poop

Comment

• I am equally puzzled

Comment

• “It’s easy to say, ‘Well Ozzie didn’t do this, Larry didn’t do that and Jeffrey didn’t do this and David did that,’”
                        When he talks about the blame people are placing on members of the FO it's Ozzie didn't, Larry didn't, Jeffrey didn't, David did. As in, Ozzie and Larry and Jeffrey didn't do things they should have, but David did things he shouldn't have.
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• I think you're reaching a little. It's a common figure of coach-speech to say "It's not about what X did or didn't do"

Maybe not, though.

Comment

• I heard that interview. I think polky is reaching.

Comment

• Also, what was the "according to his stats" thing?
                              poop

Comment

• I meant quotes. That's what I get for posting when I'm supposed to be teaching

Comment

Working...
                                X